Forums » Group W Forums » Controverial Topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2001 11:51 pm

wow! thanks, folks, i appreciate the kind words and understanding.
Jimtodd, i didn't see the fan trap as a war, within or without, rather, my energy & enthusiasm being mis-directed, I interpreted
the ease on on-line-ness, as an invitation to post or chat every idea & comment I had about Sarah; that was too much information.
So, in a behavioral sense, i over-used the tool of communication available, also, i saw a negative effect from that "over-use"
and Larry, I'm dooin here cuz I still have my Johnny & Sarah-autographed -custom-made birthhay card, and my prize photo is SLG in mid-"Ukelali Lady" hula, superimposed over Kauai's na a pali coast! and, I'm a founding damn, Diputy also, so there, pppwwtthhhpphwwwwp! Image
ahhhhnd, sweet Sherry, me lass, do ye think yer the farst lass te ever be tunngue tied, bye ae Leprechan on St Patty's Day??

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Bumper on Mar 17, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2001 12:31 am

Arlo Fanatic

Bumper, that was a great post. I'm not feeling real eloquent at the moment, though, so I'll just say that we're real glad you didn't turn out to be a stalker. Image And you certainly are the founding dippity, no question about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2001 1:45 am

i'm even less eloquent that pat is feeling right now, so i'll just say..yeah, what pat and sherry said, bumper! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2001 1:39 pm

ArloNetizen

dave, i'm not larger than life..those are fluids...carrying 300lbs on a frame designed
for half that. bleeding out is not all it's
cracked up to be.

bumper, the reference to war was meant only
in jest..but, it seems my humor is a bit
stressful, and for that i apologize.

edited cos i forgot that it would come up
as a georgia post. todd

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by georgia on Mar 18, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2001 3:09 pm

no prob, Todd, i was just clarifying.. thanks again for all the positive comments... would like to hear from Cheryl, about my posts, too................!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2001 5:31 pm

Arlo Fanatic

hey! I'm just glad to hear from Georgia, even if it IS todd in drag!!!!!

now... question of the day:

if everyone in arlonet clicks the ignore button, and someone posts on the controversial thread, does a pickle read it????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2001 11:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I'm not as fanatical as folks think I am LOL! <g> Actually I had no problem with Bumpers Sarah posts. In fact on my Arlo site I'm working on I have a section on there for Sarah & her Diputies... Have a great & peaceful new week folks! Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2001 10:56 am

yes cheryl, you are as we see you..denial sucks huh?

anyway, i reset my preferences cos i couldn't
tell who was ignoring who anymore????

i never been so poor that i could not pay attention!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2001 12:49 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimtodd:

i never been so poor that i could not pay attention!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said Todd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2001 3:32 pm

with everybody 'noring everybody, this has
successfully become a Non-Issue!

now what??

back in the day...............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2001 4:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I gotta confess I haven't actually used the ignore button yet. I'm not that observant on my best days, so I kind of have a built in ignore button in that sense. But..besides being the first forum to have one as far as we know...I think that you really need to sit and think about the confusion that it can generate among blunderites. For that alone it's a stroke of genius.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2001 6:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I've decided to use the ignore button in a way to maximize the confusion potential mentioned by Pat.
On even number days, I'm gunna ignore people whose screen names begin with odd letters of the alphabet, and on odd number days, I'm gunna ignore people whose names begin with even letters of the alphabet,and on holidays I'm gunna ignore myself and on any day I will not ignore anyone that is not ignoring me but not vice-versa unless I change my mind. Yup.....that'll work. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2001 7:15 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

did someone say something??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2001 7:20 pm

you talking to me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2001 8:23 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Since nobody's posted anything on this thread since Saturday at 4:00 PM, I thought I'd better, so Dave doesn't shut it down from lack of use.

I'm so happy this board is back. Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.