Forums » Group W Forums » Controverial Topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2001 12:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Maybe it's Neil's mood-swings I'm thinking about...I'm not impressed when he smashes a beer bottle across his piano....(it looks way cool to seem him so opinionated)...But the fact is, it doesn't seem like he wants to be there.

* I can remember Neil being the life of the party at Farm-Aid. I'm not underestimating the work he does, but with his snotty attitude (1999 I was away last yr.) about having to do another farm aid. It just doesn't cut the mustard.....

A SOUTHERN MAN DON'T NEED HIM around anyhow...(kidding Bumper). . .Image

I'd rather listen to Willie speak. He gets the point accross, without breaking beer bottles.

** It would be a big help for 'Farm Aid' if they would just legalize weed!!! Happy hay could save the economy. There's only one obstacle. It's called big Government. They'd screw up a wet dream on a dry night....

BUT WE SHALL OVERCOME!!! One leaf at a time Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 10:50 am

Niel looks like he doesnt wanna be anywhere!
No problem, Rb!
u r right about Big Gov't, it/they would spray paraquat on a field of dreams
A few years ago, in N Cal hills, growers tried to disguise pot fields by hanging red Christmas balls on plants, to make em look like a fields of tomatos, DEA had never seen so many remote "tomato fields" & regional sales of red Christmas balls in Aug were huge!
"All in a dream, all in a dream, the loading had begun, flyin Mother Nature's Silver Seed, to a new home in the Sun..."

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Bumper on Aug 06, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 3:16 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I rmember Arlo once told me that Neil was an A** but a nice A**. It was so funny the way he said it LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 5:18 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i read where neil charges $125 to meet him and get an autograph??

imagine how much we'd owe arlo if that standard was imposed!

no matter what i might say on here..my heart is guthrie...true blue!

go yankees!!

screw the mets!

that was for you, sherry!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 6:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Who the hell would pay $125 to meet someone and get an autograph? Do you think that's really true? I know not everyone really does autographs, but..does Neil really need that $125?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 6:43 pm

It sure makes the $100 I usually charge seem like a bargain!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 7:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

You can have mine for only $99.95!
But wait! If you call before midnight tonight, it won't be tommorow yet! Operators are standing, and sitting by! The first 100 callers get a free copy of my book (that I penned in 5th grade) "What I didn't do on my summer vacation". Which the New York Times decribed as "A fasinating look into the perverted mind of a pre-pubescent 1960's male".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 7:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

yes, pat..if i remember it was an after the show reception..where if you paid the bucks you got to meet him and do the autograph/picture thing.

i said, fuck him!

of course i've said that to about just about everybody during my life.

but, if i forgot to tell you lately;

be fruitfull and multiply!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 9:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

okay call me stupid, but I paid $100 for an autograph....in fact I paid $125 for a book which had a foward by Roy Rogers and a really nice picture of Roy and Trigger, Roy signed it "Happy Trails, Roy Rogers and Trigger"....He said that the extra $100 would go to a charity, I think it is a collectable and as Roy died within months of autographing the book I think it just may increase in value but I am not sure I want to sell it....

Happy Trails Roy and happy trails to all who happen by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 10:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

well, at least you got a book, nathen. i can understand if it's for charity. if that's what neil was doing, i can understand that. i wouldn't pay it, but i'd understand someone who felt like they could spend it, doing it.

but hey..if arlo ever starts selling his autographs we could all go into the discount arlograph business and make a fortune.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 3:48 am

Arlo Fanatic

In that case 'd be a millionaire LOL! ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 8:51 am

I can't speak about Neil Young, but here's a different take on the paying-for-autographs subject:

I like to collect autographs of old-time baseball players, but have never paid for one. There's been a controversy the last 10 years or so about players charging for autographs at baseball card shows. I think it's overblown & can say 2 things in their defense:
1. The type of person who goes to these shows & pays for an autograph isn't a real fan & intends to resell it at a profit.
2. Most of these players will sign for free if asked, but nobody thinks to ask. No, they can't sign for free at the show, but here's an example...

I saw that Bobby Doerr, the great Red Sox second baseman of the 1940's, was coming to the area to do a show. I thought it would be a good autograph to have, but I wasn't paying $15 for it. I wrote to him & asked for a free one, & I got it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 10:03 am

Arlo Fanatic

joe, earlier this summer i took mike to a harrisburg senators game. during the game
dallas green and manny sanguillen signed any and all things brought to them...they did it at no cost to the fans and there were hundreds of people standing in line for hours.

anyway, you being a pittsburg fan, and since they signed both a ball and individual pictures for us...if you want the pictures e
me your land addy and i'll send them to you...mike's okay with that cos he has the ball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 11:00 am

I know Neil Young has an son with autism, & raises huge $$$ to support autistic research and facilities I'll bet that's where the autogtaph $$ goes...
Im off to San Diego to recreate, see you all next Fri.
Todd, dont just sit there, insult somebody..not me though... I don't give a flyin....airplane!! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 11:26 am

Arlo Fanatic

Todd, that is so nice of you to share with Joe and I bet your are proud of Mike, you have every right to be.

I do not collect autographs but Roy Rogers was a childhood hero and to get something which reminds me of the good man is worth it to me, I was at first taken aback with the charge, but realized that way too many people ask for an autograph, only to have something to later sell or trade. Roy, did the right thing in giving the money to charity and in my heart, I just knew that if a kid with a dirty face and torn jeans had asked Roy for an autograph, Roy would have given it for no charge.

Peace Love and Happyness to all

WAY TO GO MIKE, you do us all proud

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.