Forums » Group W Forums » Controverial Topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 9:49 am

Arlo Fanatic

an extended war with no clearly defined goals..we been there before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 9:50 am

Arlo Fanatic

well, now that i made it to 16..i feel the urge to go for 17.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 10:09 am

I've noticed that happens a lot, here, with a group of us, Todd, it's a small deja oui vous in
On a smaller scale, Im going thru what you are, Zowie, I'm the most "liberal" of the family here. It's scary to me when people turn offf their critical thinking ability, in the name of patriotism. I'm finding reasons to visit the neighborhood store, often,... run by a Indian Hindu family, many people in this town think anyone from outside this valley is an extra terrestrial. The looks on faces of some of em, toward the store owner, are hurtful.. I linger, & talk to her about how she's doin, how her kids are.. kinda like giving societal blood to innocent victims, I hope..& I love smellin the curry cooking
I'm in this valley, but not of it.....& I feel myself seperating from, from the majority......

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Bumper on Sep 21, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 10:38 am

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by todd:

an extended war with no clearly defined goals..we been there before.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And we all hope and pray that we don't revisit that mistake.We do need clearly defined goals, and this "war on terrorism" should be like a "war on crime" if at all possible.

One of the first "rules of war" is to demonize the enemy, to make them seem sub-human in some way to make you feel better about killing them. This is a concept that I and many have rejected in the past to as large a degree as possible. However, in this case, I think that demonizing these "people" has been made easier. These people are serial killers, and must be treated and hunted down as such. The scary thing is with our zeal to do so, however justified it may be, we all fear for the innocents that get caught in the crossfire.Some 6000 already have on 9/11. This impending "war",could and should become a police type action, a dragnet, a manhunt, not an all out shoot 'em and bomb 'em thing. But, I fear for the worst in some areas, like Afghanastan.
I detest war and violence as much as most of the folks who visit here, but if were to see a child being beaten, or a woman be raped, I would use whatever violence needed to subdue the attacker. This terror situation is for all intents and purposes, the same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 10:55 am

BlunderVirgin

my we-blocker is going crazy on this thread....you wouldn't believe the trouble i have getting in 'cause the F* word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 11:03 am

Arlo Fanatic

i can believe it...

come on 17.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 11:07 am

BlunderVirgin

How many posts does it take to get to 17??

(just trying to help out)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 11:09 am

Arlo Fanatic

Osama Bin Ladin is one of 52 children born to his parents, when his daddy died he was left with a little money, 500 million dollars and with this he decided to support terrorist.

Several of his brothers and sisters decided to come to America and they are here yet, I think the number of them was around twenty, now twenty times 500 million is a lot of money, maybe even enough to buy their very own seven eleven or their own taxi in NYC, now these folks have said in public they did not want nything to do with their bad seed brother and I think we can all understand that,
why Jimmy Carter had Billy Bob and we here at ArloNet have Larry,
so the next time you are in a cab, driven by a person from the middle east or served by a clerk at seven eleven wearing a turban, just smile and say, "I understand brother, I've got Larry".

damn, just think how long the line would be to breast feed with 51 brothers and sisters? And to raise from the poverty of having started out with only $500,000,000.00, in one's pocket, how do you think they survived?

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Nathen on Sep 21, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 11:09 am

Arlo Fanatic

What is scaring me right now is the reaction of one of my friends... who is looking to protect loved ones in the event that it all goes to hell, and New York City is evacuated... this requires purchase of a handgun???

I don't believe for a second that this is necessary. If the City were to be evacuated (which I don't believe would happen), I would like to believe that those who are displaced will not be roaming the upstate countryside, taking what they want from everyone. And if displaced people were to need my food, my car, my shelter... I would be more than glad to share with them and give everything I can. My friend has the feeling that their attitude will be to grab what they can for themselves, and the hell with the rest of the world. Sounds a bit like "Beyond Thunderdome"

I do not believe that this will come to be. I pray that my friend is overreacting, and that he will see that before long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 11:24 am

Arlo Fanatic

well...

welcome back todd! you seemed rejuvenated to some degree!
I thought it was my patriotic duty to let this thread grow a bit bigger than before, to swell up a bit more, to stand out amongst other threads more than before...

and besides that, I hadn't been here the past 3 days myself!!!

okay... we're shootin' for 17, and we're gonna make a statement when we do... just don't exactly know what that statement is just yet... might have to think about it a while, but I ain't got the brain cell right now...

oh yeah, when we hit 17, this sucker is being sealed off, for security sake!

todd, let me know what you want next, I'm just a pawn in this game too, ya' know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 11:29 am

Arlo Fanatic

17? But that's an odd number!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 11:39 am

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry:

17? But that's an odd number!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

fits us to a T! (or is that a G?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 11:57 am

really! we are kinda "odd numbers" here, huh. can I be 7? it's a black Irish, Libran only chile thang....
Hi, Arnie! good to see you again..Image

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Bumper on Sep 21, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 12:50 pm

Arlo Fanatic

You understand of course that if it were an even number, I would have pointed that out also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 1:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

shouldn't be long now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.