Forums » Group W Forums » Controverial Topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 4:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I moved this thread to here, and one of the options when moving a thread is to have it deleted in it's prior location, which I chose to do, thus, no little moving van.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 4:39 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Image no little van...

i'll go look at some big orange ones, then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 5:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

ahhhhhh it's nice to see the Controversial Topics area filling up once again!!

even if we do gotta get new Brick-Defying-Helmets! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 6:41 pm

Arlo Fanatic

At 6 pm I wasn't at home. I was at COMP USA & found an internet computer there with internet on it. I got on it to check out my e-mail & ARLONET & the other Arlo site. I did write on the message boards at 6 something but I sure didn't write Arlo sucks. I'm figuring maybe I didn't logout right even tho I tried to logout & maybe some nut on got on there & somehow brought up the site & wrote that. I wondered if maybe Dave was playing a fun little joke for fun. Dave e-d me to tell me to change my password so evidently he wasn't playing around on the computer for fun & it was some nut doing this on me. Guess we got hackers running around LOL! So I'm off to change my password. LOL! I DID NOT wrote that Arlo sucks message. In fact it would upset me to see anyone write that about my beloved Uncle Arlo. So it ain't me babe & sorry that whoever wrote that wrote that did. So off to change the password I go. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 6:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I changed the password so hopefully all will be okay. Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 6:53 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

So, what's the new password ? ..... C'mon, I won't tell nobody ! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 7:10 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Don't be silly, Levi...

It's UncleArlo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 7:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

It's Officer Obie ROTFL! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 9:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cheryl Harrell:

Arlo sucks. Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

She wrote it again, I am really surprised

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2001 9:33 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Ha! Sparkles.

Maybe ALL the posts from "Cheryl" were made by people at CompUSA? And maybe they aren't people. Maybe they are beings from an alternate dimension. The possibilities are endless.

The thing is, the repetitive nature of CH's posts really has gotten better. Clearly not out of any sense of community - meaning - not because CH wanted to allow the other registered blunderites to be able to navigate around without the dribble - but, as she said, because she "didn't want to be roasted." Why does this feel to me like it validates my comparison of interacting with some people to dog training? OK, even I know that's not really accurate - Dogs learn from positive experiences better and faster than from negative ones - not only from "being roasted."

In spite of the change in her posts, it does not mean that Cheryl has learned to respond to a question with any semblance of a logical answer. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I remember a farce of a press secretary whose job was to "redirect, confuse, obsfucate" or something like that? Maybe press secretary is the job for which CH is uniquely qualified. And yeah, Sparky, for those of us who look for responses to our posts that in some way relate to our posts. Her redirects look like so much dribble.

But - about the no thoughts to a post issue. Image Boy, HOWDY! Several months ago, we went through a series of posts on that very issue, and a couple of people suggested writing in a word processor and using spell check and then using the preview option and re-reading posts. You know, crazy things like that. Honestly, that lack of forethought was what made me laugh the hardest about "The Blahs." The fact that Cheryl posted a single time did not surprise me a lot, although, maybe "previewing" the post might have prevented that. But then, when she posted a second time and a third, before she realized that her words were being altered. Image It kinda says something when even you can't stand to go back and read your own dribble, huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2001 10:34 am

Arlo Fanatic

Ok.....enough piling on Cheryl now!
If she did not exist, we would find the need to invent her anyway!Image
And I choose to find joy in her joy.What better way to deal with what you cannot change?
Now Cheryl, this don't mean I don't think you are weird, even by blunderite standards!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2001 10:57 am

Senior ArloNetizen

But what else is there to be controversial about? Especially in a thread with this title?

Maybe we should just plant daisies in here, and paint Image signs on the wall. Then it gets moved back to Moose Friends, right? Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2001 10:58 am

Arlo Fanatic

personally, I think Cheryl's real name is Sybil (nuff said?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2001 11:08 am

Arlo Fanatic

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Starchild:

But what else is there to be controversial about?

QUOTE]

Abortion, the middle east, politics, religion,That less filling- tastes great thing, Ginger or Maryanne, Boxers or briefs, Does size matter?, what is a folk song?.........do I need to go on? Image

Now remember that the Geneva convention rules of war DO apply to controversial topics as well!
Having said that, and after defending Cheryl's right to be Cheryl, I want you all to know that I am still exploiting this whole situation by owning the messgae boards anti-brickwall helmet franchise! I mean I am a capitalist!

<FONT size="5">WOO-HOO!!!! Image</FONT s>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2001 11:11 am

Arlo Fanatic

Ya know, one good thing about going nukin' futs here, is that you have plenty of company! I like that! Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.