Forums » Group W Forums » Controverial Topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 1:40 am

the read a book refence is a line from Bob Dylans song The Mighty Quinn. it speaks to Peace and one person uniting the world. i thuoght that was the history between arlo and bob people would recognize this. i guess i overestimated you. it was my way of saying 'can't we all just get along.
I'm sory if i offended anyone.
i was just playing along. i have been reading here for months, you seemed like a fun bunch of people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 2:28 am

Ev'rybody's building the big ships and the boats,
Some are building monuments,
Others, jotting down notes,
Ev'rybody's in despair,
Ev'ry girl and boy
But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here,
Ev'rybody's gonna jump for joy.
Come all without, come all within,
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.

-Z via Dylan, with help from Manfred Mann

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 2:41 am

Senior ArloNetizen

we got the quinn reference. however, when you start out saying "hi, i'm new" on one thread... and then backhanding on another - which is not how people interact here, for the most part - you aren't living the song.

you keep talking down to us, quinn. first, i make no sense. then, because you can't figure out how to interact like someone who wants to prove we can "all get along", you say you guess you over estimated us.

LMAO. no. you did not over estimate us. you underestimated us, and continue to do so. look again. if you really want to "get along" it can be done. sometimes it requires you check your ego at the door - but not often. and usually when that's required, it needed to come down a few pegs, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 11:35 am

Arlo Fanatic

spelling and grammar are very much like fingerprints..or even dna.

it's like walking through the snow.
every step shows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 11:51 am

Senior ArloNetizen

exactly, todd... been thinking that myself. plus there are those differences in use of upper and lower case.

i don't think i like what i've been thinking, cuz if what i'm thinking is right, either a friend is dinking around with us, playing some kind of weird psychological game, or this person could use some analysis to try to combine their two personalities.

lol about what you said about spelling, etc being like dna...

on another site, there is this banned-from-chat-guy who constantly weasels around the ban. he uses red font, all upper case in his name... and he greets people like this:

EEEEEEeeeeeeehhhhhhhh (((((((*Starchild))))))))) ltns, roflmfao LOLOLOL, NUFF SAID!!!!!!!

(hope zowie isn't drinking coffee when he reads that, cuz it will burn when he chokes on it.) add to that, this is the guy who told me he lives in "anerica" and other such creative spellings - yet, the guy doesn't seem to "get it" when people recognize him, that he supplied the rather obvious clues.

anyway - hope i'm wrong in this case. it's sure happened before - you need a touch of paranoia to suspect this stuff, and sometimes that paranoia goes into overdrive. and, i have enough hope of that, and enough respect for the other persona who i'm connecting to quinn in my mind that i'm not planning to tie that name to eskimo-boy's.

edited to get rid of the font color, which was not working for me.

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Starchild on Oct 20, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 12:19 pm

i've been having those same thoughts for a while, todd, and, like star, i don't like what i'm thinking. i hope i'm wrong...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 1:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

All I can add to this is " So what?".
I don't enjoy giving in to the terrorists myself....not that that fits here anyway, but you know what I mean. I don't wanna smell pickle juice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 1:18 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry:

All I can add to this is " So what?".
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That may be, Larry, but speaking for myself I don't like being played with...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 1:28 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

so what? well, this may be off base, but i consider many of the people here to be friends. we may disagree about stuff, sometimes respectfully, sometimes playfully and go over the line. if we cross this line, time out gets called, and maybe we apologize or just take a step back and wait for the dust to settle.

but we are still friends. before the dust settles, and after. but these friendships are almost always based on a little bit of history - some interaction on the boards or in blunderchat. if the interaction is negative, or swings wildly from negative to positive to negative, or if it's demeaning (which i guess would be negative), chances are good that the potential friendship is not going to happen. and if the "new" chatter spreading the drivel is actually a person established on the boards, trying out a new persona - it makes you start to question that original friendship. which is why i am thinking it's time to close my eyes and cover my ears and say "LALALALALALALALA".

Image i know it sounds goofy, but it's my "so what", hockey guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 1:49 pm

you're right, larry..so what? i'll just stick to talking to the people around here that i know and care about, and if anyone new shows up instead of welcoming them, i'll just figure they're not really someone new, but just someone that wants to try on a new persona to mess with people's heads, so fuck 'em. how's that? you can carry on the welcoming committee without me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 2:27 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i don't understand larry's so what? comment..
i merely made an observation..must his weekly attempt at falsely taking a stand on something. so what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 2:41 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

You sorta started out on the wrong snowshoe here eskimo boy. I don't know how much yellow snow you've been eating lately but first of all, you have to really get to know us first in order to truly appreciate our rudeness, our sickness, our dysfunctionalism, our dementia, our confusion, etc.. We like it, we love it, we want some more of it, but no Dylan or Guthrie that I know would see the humor in knowing that their song lyrics are being exploited and being qouted like scripture by someone to achieve some sort of perverted satisfaction at the expense of harassing any of it's members on their websites. We're here to be sociable and have fun. Show some respect.....
If ya can't, then the Iditarod Trail is THAT WAY.

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 2 times, lastly by Levi on Oct 20, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 2:57 pm

Arlo Fanatic

well said, sir...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 3:28 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I guess that answers my "so what?" question!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 3:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

WARNING: This post contains a potty-mouth word in it:

Damn. I thought everyone was pissed at me, now I see Quinn has gotten poor Larry in hot water, or more correctly allowed Larry to get himself in hot water.

I was reading about the misspellings having a pattern that could be followed, that could be true, I know that people from other parts of the world spell differently then what we do here in America. I have also noticed that some of my misspellings result from being unable to see the small print so I have to post in order to edit at times.

As far as Quinn, being someone else, that may be, I know several people post in different names for different reasons so I see no harm in having done so if someone asks straight out, Quinn are you someone we know, then he or she should admit to it.

So will the real Quinn please stand up???

don't worry Larry I still love ya.
(not to imply Larry is Quinn, I truly have no idea one way or the other)

edited for spelling

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 2 times, lastly by Nathen on Oct 20, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.