Forums » Group W Forums » Controverial Topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 6:19 pm

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kim:

Somehow, my last post made a slightly re-worded song go running through my head....

"It's Bitch-craft......"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now THAT'S funny! trouble is, now I'm gunna hear it too, all the while on the drive home with a little yellow smiley face looking at me from my rear view mirror!!! THANKS KIM! Thanks a lot! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 6:26 pm

The W!zard

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry:

Kim, you are full of shit, and must be really dumb to think that way.

( How was that? Did I pass? ) Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bitches do not trample upon other bitches... (usually). Sorry Larry, you'll never get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 6:31 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I suppose you're right Dave....sigh......but a man's gotta have goals!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 12:27 am

controversial
1- of, characterized by, or subject to controversy

controversy
1- a public dispute concerning a matter of opinion
2- contention, strife, or argument.

Please explain to me if we are still discussing something that happened on friday, today (tuesday) how that does not fit into the deff. for controversial.
second how is a conversation on being a bitch any different. is sexism not still sexism or is it just the fact that you can feel conected.
as far as giving advice on finding a therapist as some of you may know i have returned to college to finish my degree in psych. i have been activly working in some capacity at it for several years and i can say beyond a shaddow of a doubt that it is extremely healthy to be able to comunicate your thoughts feelings and emotions. it is the person who sits in judgement that has the problem.
if you don't like a t.v. show do you continue to watch it just so you can later critizize the writters for not doing it your way? of do you change the channel. and finaly if you are going to give someone advice be prepared to take it yourself. the source for the deff. is RANDOM HOUSE WEBSTER"S COLLEGE DICTIONARY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 12:56 am

Come on Mongo, lighten up a little.....

First of all, since you're relatively new, I'll cut you a little slack and give you a hint....absolutely none of your conversations had registered on the bitch-meter for my little rant earlier. If you did happen to see yourself in any of what was said, then, well, you might need to consider it anyway, but to be honest, I hadn't even read any of the stuff you had written. I was really going off on more of the stuff that's been on-going for a lot longer.

And yeah, I do change the channels. But this ain't tv - it's an on-line community. Trust me, many of us have learned from long, hard experience (which we won't go into.....it's all past!) that if you let the shit-piling go on for too long, the stench gets so bad that no one wants to be there anymore except for te strange few who seem to want to wallow in it for some perverted reason. At any rate, you can be sure that when one of the coven takes a position like this, it usually happens because of the frustration of many, coven and non-coven alike.

Which is my rather long-winded way of saying that when people start changing boards from their intended purpose, someone usually manages to come in an point out the problem. Sometimes diplomatically, sometimes less than diplomatically...especially when dealing with people who have proven themselves to have built up a resistance to the more diplomatic methods.

There is a board that many of us already avoid like the plague because it was put there for the silly and stupid stuff. We just don't want to see all the forums become the same crap. Those of us looking for a little more meat in our discussions won't have anywhere to go if we let that happen.

Of course, this really isn't an apology - just an explanation. Don't worry, once you've been around here a little longer, I'll tell you to f-off like I would most anyone else.... Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:06 am

Arlo Fanatic

amen and so be it!

damn, dave, i love that woman!

now, could someone direct me to that board she alluded to?

namaste'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:08 am

Oh, and as far as the psyche stuff....I agree with you completely. But I doubt saying "naughty" words just to be "naughty," and paying perverted word games truly qualifies as expressing true emotions and feelings for the people doing it. And if they truly are that fixated on that sort of thing, they need far more help than anyone here would be able to provide, not to mention far more sympathetic ears than they could expect to find in this forum!

But again, this goes back to the fact that I was going off on some of the long-term on-going crap. Nothing wrong with expressing feelings - perversions, however....well, there are plenty of sex and fetish sites out there for that sort of thing. We really don't need it here too.

By the way, I really enjoyed meeting you up at the church concerts. So I hope you aren't taking any of this to heart...especially since it wasn't really directed at you in the first place!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:17 am

yo Kim
I understand what you are saying and was actualy on my way back to explain that it wasn't an attack on you.
i said next door (he-man) that maybee this wasn't the right forum but it just happened like that.

the main point i was trying to make is that people are quick to critisize someone and then do the same thing with just different words. i have seen it many times in life and on on-line community's.
there are MANY things that get misunderstood when all a person can do is type them. I do feel venting in some way is VERY healthy. and would much rather spend my time on these boards haveing disc, like this and the one the other week with pat and dylan than i would discussing who is or isnt a bitch or any similar topic. although given the right mood i'm in. there is a time and place for everything. and amazing things can come out of the weirdest places. i have recieved several e-mails pm's and im's from several people about what transpired. as i'm sure others have. as a result i have started many new friendships. it is not my nature attack some one out of rage or hate nor would i ever try to hurt someone with what i say. i am mearly trying to open peoples eyes to certain things. i hope this clears up my last post a little.
and also in saying this i am not implying that someone else would

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:20 am

Arlo Fanatic

it seems nobody wants to commit to any implication or inference..

i will....

DAMN HIPPIES!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:21 am

AMEN TODD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
finaly back to agreement!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:30 am

Todd....f-off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:32 am

and another thing Kim
it was great to meet you and everyone else at the church also and i look forward to many more such encounters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:38 am

Arlo Fanatic

The Howard Stern Topic was started by Dave and as it was in regards to Howard, one could assume it would be silly, crude and rude.

The topic was being used by Todd, Mongo and myself to swap insults when it was invaded by the ladies wanting to try to get our goats, Mongo and I answered the posts and as it was a topic that by it's very name, should be seen as crude humor with lot of body parts being talked about, I did not see the harm in doing so.

The crudeness did not spill over unto other areas of the boards nor did I post anything weird on any other topic so, in light of these facts, does it not seem more reasonable that we all should be acting up on a Howard Stern Topic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 2:40 am

Senior ArloNetizen

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by Nathen:

The topic was being used by Todd, Mongo and myself to swap insults <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and there, my friends, is the exact point of kim's original post...

i guess i picked a bad day to travel as i missed all the 'excitement' around here...

i know i'm a few hours late..but kim..a hearty and heartfelt THANK YOU for (as usual) putting into words [so eloquently] the feelings and thougths of the coven et al...

i am of the opinion that threads do not need to be started in here and that they should only move here when it becomes necessary. most of what is being discussed in these threads would fit appropriately in other forums. i am tired of watching the boards disintegrate periodically and i think using this forum for truly 'hot' threads would help eliminate that problem.

and one last thing before i collapse into bed....wyld, i appreciate (and i'm sure others do too) that you could take a step back and 'see' what was being said and address the issue without it being a 'problem'... that really does help in these situations...star too...thanks! (i know this isnt english...but i dont think i'm really awake!)

p.s. i'm taking spelling lessons from mongo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 9:45 am

Arlo Fanatic

the threads that dave and arnie afforded me...were, in my opinion, a place for me to post...because more often than not..i don't really relate or see things the way most of you do...

once again with the addition of a new person..stuff got out of hand...it's happened before.

if i don't fit in,,,that's fine..but most assuredly, if i can't post what is on my mind without being prodded into the cattle chutes..i've got no desire to be here.

can everybody have their own thread? no,,but not everybody needs one either.

i hid under dave and arnie's protection because i was safe and free...i can't see that working under larry..or anybody else.

my short list of pinheads is;
nate
mongo

i know that change is the unique principle of the universe..but, am still saddened that this time or era has passed.

whatever you choose is good by me...cos i'm with you fellas!

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by todd on Oct 17, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.