Forums » Group W Forums » Controverial Topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:39 pm

sitting here smiling. thank you, kim!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Bitch! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

yeah, but good bitch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 2:03 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

i think kim explained it well, and i don't feel chastised (thank you kim...). the boards go through a lot of transitions - for awhile there was not controversial threads, and then dave returned the board. and, after some time, a thread on the board was opened and taken over - and then a new one created - and for awhile, that was fun, and sometimes challenging.

but change is usually good and always inevitable. i still think polka is controversial, tho. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 2:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

It has changed a lot..mostly cause dave is always trying to figure out what to do with it. you know if he shuts it down, then a flame war will erupt somewhere where you least expect it and then it'll have to be opened again. I still think it's a good place to move things when they get so hot they can't be contained anywhere else. Maybe just one thread at a time if they originate here and they have to be really nasty? No..that's probably not the right spirit..ok..time for tea...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 2:58 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Todd, that's what I'm saying!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 3:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Although I do admit finding just a little bit of fun in seeing that trying to define what is controversial is so controversial.
That simple ironic concept does not diminish what was pointed out though!Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 3:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Larry, you do realize that your sense of irony is part of what's keeping you from acheiving bitchdom, don't you? That and the tolerant attitude. Sheesh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 4:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kim:

Here's a hint for you - if Cheryl feels able to participate, the conversation probably isn't controversial (meaning no offense to you, Cheryl....but I know this is true!) And if you find yourself frequently discussing topics you.....wait, let me rephrase that. If you find yourself frequently discussing topics that MOST people would find uncomfortable discussing in front of their grandmothers, it probably isn't controversial - just perverted or childishly potty-mouthed. (I felt the need to change there because I realized there are a few around who probably have no problem discussing ANY topic in front of ANYONE at ANY time, regarless of how inappropriate it might be.)

And finally....for those who find themselves inexplicably unable to control their fixations on certain body parts, bodily functions, and acts best kept to either oneself or between consenting partners, especially when it contains no redeeming controversial argumentative value, please, please, I implore you for all of our sakes, find a good therapist. This board is certainly no substitute.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I think she's right. When stuff gets too fussy, I generally try to stay away from the controversy. When it doesn't seem as fussy that's when I feel it is safer to write on here LOL! Now back to your regularly scheduled program...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 4:40 pm

Damn! Shot my argument all to hell, huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 4:43 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

*nodding and smiling*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 6:03 pm

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pat:

Larry, you do realize that your sense of irony is part of what's keeping you from acheiving bitchdom, don't you? That and the tolerant attitude. Sheesh!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have now been to the mountaintop and seen the truth and the secret!!! WOO-HOO! I am a step closer now!!! YIPPIEE!!!!!!! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 6:08 pm

I doubt that this revelation will help you Larry. You still have that nagging need to see another person's point of view and concede they have the right to hold that view.

Being a true bitch means that even though you do make the effort to see the other person's point of view, you realize there are times when that point of view is being held by an idiot, and they just need to be crushed.

And making sure no one can predict whether you'll sympathize with another point of view or rightly condemn it as the tripe it truly is is the sign of a bitch who has finely honed her craft. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 6:10 pm

Somehow, my last post made a slightly re-worded song go running through my head....

"It's Bitch-craft......"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 6:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kim:

I doubt that this revelation will help you Larry. You still have that nagging need to see another person's point of view and concede they have the right to hold that view.

Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kim, you are full of shit, and must be really dumb to think that way.

( How was that? Did I pass? ) Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.