Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:21 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Now that is one scary interview. :twisted: What happened to separation of Church and State?
I cringe to think of what will happen to the country if they win.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:22 am

Arlo Fanatic

it is just election bullshit, playing for the crowd! if you consistently say enough different sounding things you can patch together nearly any arguement anybody wants to make. It is kind of like the Bible or the Koran. I like the way she kept saying Charlie, I thought it gave the waivering a personal touch! Me, I know God is not on my side and I am not on Hers!

by the way, isn't that a dumb question...so to you we are fighting a holy war?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:42 am

Arlo Fanatic

Great headline this morning:

Palin to stomp in Dallas at Oct. fundraiser

Pretty sure they meant 'stump,' but I think this way is more accurate. I saved a pdf of the page because I'm sure they'll discover and 'correct' it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:39 am

Arlo Fanatic

Another thing I would like to say to Ms. Palin:

Don't use your Son who is going to fight (and probably kill and maybe die) in a stupid F'n war to get elected as I am just as proud of my Daughter (or anyone elses children) who say I don't believe in your stupid F'n war and I can change the world without learning the most efficient ways to Kill People!

Finito, the end...so don't bring it up again!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:44 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

here's the whole first Gibson interview...
wow ... he's kind and easy...
others are posted on youtube and another on 20/20 tonight... in case you're interested... and i hope you're interested.... someone wrote that this is like a bad Disney movie... where some hockey Mom by some fluke winds up saving the world... i don't think so this time :shock:
... and yes,MG... i am wearing my Obama t!!! and working hard... i'm happy you are here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubsUQKd9c7c

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Aside from the deer in the headlights look when asked about the Bush Doctrine, her willingness to go to war with Russia and her willingness to wage war in allied countries without their consent, what is it that worries you about this fine candidate? :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

PSBeaty wrote:
Another thing I would like to say to Ms. Palin:

Don't use your Son who is going to fight (and probably kill and maybe die) in a stupid F'n war to get elected as I am just as proud of my Daughter (or anyone elses children) who say I don't believe in your stupid F'n war and I can change the world without learning the most efficient ways to Kill People!

Finito, the end...so don't bring it up again!

Maybe she was referencing the other Abraham. Ya know, the biblical dude? Like Bob wrote: "God said to Abraham, 'Kill me a son!' " Maybe she's a Klingon?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Oh god. I couldn't believe what happened the last two elections. Things seem even more obvious to me now...I am SCARED.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:19 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Goofus wrote:
Oh god. I couldn't believe what happened the last two elections. Things seem even more obvious to me now...I am SCARED.

I can understand that. I don't live in the States but US governments have an impact on our lives too. I am scared too. You think things can't get worse, and then you see what could be coming.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:40 am

Arlo Fanatic

what are you scared of? Stupidity? can't help that! humans are just naturally stupid! they do stupid stuff all the time! and I think there is growing evidence that the stupidity will never end! an endless cycle of stupidity. its like bending over and shit falls out of your pockets over and over and over again. you bend over to pick something up and drop something else....endlessly..stoop idiot eee....I think we should call it all Stupidgate!!!! if we call it Stupidgate we can blame it all on somebody else! You see you can point your finger and say...but he was stupid first! or I didn't want to be stupid but you made me be stupid! or how 'bout....I feel dumb as a lump since you made me act stupid!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:13 am

Arlo Fanatic

PSBeaty wrote:
I didn't want to be stupid but you made me be stupid!

i know this discussion is serious but i just loved that...don't worry though i'm not being proud!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:31 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I get that Goofus... i'm scared too, have been for awhile...
maybe it's partly because those-that-wish-to-rule have been trying to inspire fear...
and maybe it's just smart observation that we are in big trouble...

all i can do is face that fear and work for what might make things better...
listen to good music
laugh every time you can
celebrate every moment...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:40 am

Arlo Fanatic

Well, PS, you've said what most of us have probably been thinking.

"humans are just naturally stupid! they do stupid stuff all the time! and I think there is growing evidence that the stupidity will never end! an endless cycle of stupidity."

I'm beginning to think that you could also replace the word "human" with "Americans". Although I don't think that we've cornered the market on stupidity (yep! The rest of the world is stupid, too.) we do seem to have a talent for showing it off more consistently. The last two elections indicate that, as does the apparent closeness of the present presidential race.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:33 am

Arlo Fanatic

Yup, people here keep apologizing to me (the ones who know I'm half American)for saying it, then say "Surely they're not going to be so stupid to elect a (just add one of the words you like to use) again!!!

Others who don't know I'm an AmerAussie go alot further!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:36 am

Arlo Fanatic

oh I am definitely an internationalist when it comes to stupidity...oh wait, i am pretty much an internationalist when it comes to most things. It is one bunch of humans on one little planet! and our survival is of no importance at all. If we kill ourselves in one great mass accidental suicide...THere will be nobody left to write the book! No pundits to argue the great questions from this side or that!...nobody to say stuff like "well I think the critical human flaw was general stupidity"..."oh, I wouldn't underestimate selfishness and greed"..."and that arrogance, oh my God, what an arrogant bunch of stupid people"...you see, all that cool insight on the great cosmic CNN reality debate will just go unsaid????maybe in a million years when another species evolves an intelligence and they can hypothesize man's stupidity as they mine our remains during their own particular story?