Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Only if you expect answers that agree with you, Agnes. :lol:

H. - My son is 21. Take my word for it; they're kids.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:

No they weren't. The median age is 24.4. They were men! They would all be held responsible for their actions as adults. I have a daughter that is 22. She lives on her own and is reponsible for her actions. Come on Len?

What about the other question? Doesn't all the evidence indicate that they truly believed the attack was god's will?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:57 pm

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:

sure thing....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:
If we go a'nukin' it won't be because fanatics started it. The people who handle those buttons are cold hard rational mother-fuckers and father-rapers. They will only do it if they and their's are threatened such as AchMaJeansAreHot trying to kick the Israelis into the Mediterranean or the Divine LeadHead of gNarlyChorea trying to show the Chinese who is really the fattest cat of a starving nation.

IOW, it won't happen because we are dangerous; it can happen because some of us are stupid. Don't think we haven't carved it up before. Archaeological evidence shows we've built it up, torn it down and built it up again several times and each time the big changes are mostly how fast we can cross the big ponds and what and how many diseases we carry. The rest is just what we build temples out of.

All this stuff above here that you wrote is consistent with the argument that we are genetically predisposed to war. You realize that don't you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:34 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Quote:
All this stuff above here that you wrote is consistent with the argument that we are genetically predisposed to war. You realize that don't you?

How so? It is consistent with theories that we are culturally predisposed to organize ourselves into hierarchical elites who will then defend their position by using the resources that become theirs to expend.

Consistency and correlation are not proofs of causality. That's why science requires repeatable testing and never asserts conclusions; just theories.

Identify the gene sequence that makes war inevitable, H. Identify other species with the same sequence. Demonstrate the irrefutable tests where if that sequence is suppressed, there are no wars.

Last edited by len on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
len wrote:

No they weren't. The median age is 24.4. They were men! They would all be held responsible for their actions as adults. I have a daughter that is 22. She lives on her own and is reponsible for her actions. Come on Len?

What about the other question? Doesn't all the evidence indicate that they truly believed the attack was god's will?

Have you ever looked at the age at which the frontal lobes of a human mature? It's about 30. The frontal lobes are the area of the brain where future-thinking occurs. In another year, Paris Hilton may be able to tell if the purse with her stuff and the cocaine actually is her purse.

It doesn't matter they were convinced it is God's will. Did God give them a note to show their Moms or madrassa instructors? Do you know what kind of training they submitted to before they got on those planes?

Militaries the world over train soldiers to charge machine gun nests. It takes a lot of repetitive training because instinctively, they won't do it. It has to be hammered into them, specifically, behaviors in the so-called reptile brain (the stem) so that the upper brain functions won't override them. The explanations for war as a cultural activity are much simpler and easy to demonstrate.

The video/audio evidence is that some of them were resisting the actions and their leaders had to prod them on.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Arlo Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

This Beautiful Planet in Peril, sure looks like a Boiling Melting Pot too me. There is a time for everything. it sure looks to me that the time Daniel spoke of, where the indignation will run its course, with many being purged, purified and refined for a time of Peace, is closer than it has ever been.

Yet what many see as a nightmare called the latter days, is not how things have to turn out. To me, its the times of Isaiah 2 and Micah 4 where Nations beat swords into plowshares, by feeding their enemies, and never train for war again.

In that day, the lion will lay down with the lamb, the bear will eat wheat as the calf, and we all will sit under our pot plants, with no one to make us afraid.

:mrgreen: :twisted: :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
There are traditional Us and Them's that I see commonly applied. People often categorize themselves in boundaries. White, Christian, Capitalist, American,. In my life I have seen these us or them's create all kinds of death and destruction.

i don't think it is crazy to want to understand why these things happen...what is the reason...what leads to the ideas that lead to the result death and destruction...what are the ideas that lead to the things that lead to the things that lead to such a negative outcome (s). how can we fix it? it is good to recognize (ideas, actions...) that lead us to such negative places, to understand the connection...

len wrote:
It doesn't matter they were convinced it is God's will. Did God give them a note to show their Moms or madrassa instructors?

could it have been something in the quran in this case?

len wrote:
Do you know what kind of training they submitted to before they got on those planes?

Militaries the world over train soldiers to charge machine gun nests. It takes a lot of repetitive training because instinctively, they won't do it. It has to be hammered into them....,

sort of like religion?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:48 pm

Arlo Fanatic

(side note):I guess passive aggression is still aggression, no?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:49 am

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:
Have you ever looked at the age at which the frontal lobes of a human mature? It's about 30. The frontal lobes are the area of the brain where future-thinking occurs. In another year, Paris Hilton may be able to tell if the purse with her stuff and the cocaine actually is her purse.
So god is a predator corrupting our young. Kind of like the devil with sex, drugs, rock and roll. God, however, has a more sinister purpose. Blow up buildings full of people and start wars that kill 100,000's of people. (I guess technically the devil is god)

len wrote:
It doesn't matter they were convinced it is God's will. Did God give them a note to show their Moms or madrassa instructors? Do you know what kind of training they submitted to before they got on those planes?

They were trained that it is god's will they blow up those building. I think that is pretty clear. They believed they were serving god's purpose. They received a note from somebody who spoke for god.
len wrote:
Militaries the world over train soldiers to charge machine gun nests. It takes a lot of repetitive training because instinctively, they won't do it. It has to be hammered into them, specifically, behaviors in the so-called reptile brain (the stem) so that the upper brain functions won't override them. The explanations for war as a cultural activity are much simpler and easy to demonstrate.

Kind of like Sunday school? Pretty soon you believe only you and yours know the true path and all others are doomed to hell and damnation.

Is that about the size of it?

I vote we rename 9/11, I want to call it God's Folly Day. A day to reflect on how evil god's will can be!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:11 am

Arlo Fanatic

Captain Zap wrote:

Gandhi, wasn't he passive aggressive? Martin Luther King, he had some passive aggressive attributes? Why even Woody Guthrie was known to be passive aggressive on occasion,, I do believe? They all chose actively to reject what they were expected to accept as reality.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:47 am

Arlo Fanatic

Quote:
So god is a predator corrupting our young.

If God is corrupting our young, God does that with the best drug known to the mammals: eternal unyielding love.

H., you remind of the old saying, "We are sinking deep in sin. Put out your hand. We'll pull you in." You may find companions for that trip but I won't be one of them no matter how clever you are or what your sources tell you.

Assaults on religion have one very predictable outcome: people lose faith. When they do that, the atheist believes they will turn to science, discover truth and all will be well. But every society in history I know about that tried that ended in ruin. Whether that is genetic or cultural, whether the universe is powered by a flying spaghetti monster or a higgs-boson 'god' particle, I won't say because I don't know. I do know that attacking belief without having a more attractive option is telling people their baby is ugly. Those kinds of opinions just start fights and after the fight, the baby grows up anyway.

Faith is not about what you know and won't do; it's about what you will do when you don't know. If faith is used to put young men on jets and fly them into buildings full of innocent people, that's pure evil in my book and faith in evil is spiritual cancer. It grows at a fast rate and kills the host by consuming it. If faith causes the ladies group at a church to find new or not so old clothes and give them to kids in a family where the parents have been without work for a year so those kids won't be humiliated at the start of the school year, then that faith is faith in goodness and it sustains us.

I've been that guy without the job and I'm familiar with cancers of various kinds. Faith based in goodness doesn't make one weaker or less intelligent; it means one is observant and humble. Humility isn't sweet but it doesn't make one weaker or less intelligent. Faith and humility make one resilient. Resilience is sustainability in the face of the unknown.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:53 am

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
Captain Zap wrote:

Gandhi, wasn't he passive aggressive? Martin Luther King, he had some passive aggressive attributes? Why even Woody Guthrie was known to be passive aggressive on occasion,, I do believe? They all chose actively to reject what they were expected to accept as reality.

I wasn't talking about those guys.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:51 pm

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:
Quote:
So god is a predator corrupting our young.

If God is corrupting our young, God does that with the best drug known to the mammals: eternal unyielding love.

Eternal Unyielding Love....Len, they blew the crap out of two huge buildings killing thousands and starting wars that have killed 100,000's...Not Eternal Unyielding Love!

I don't agree with anything you said after this line either. You suggested god corrupted the young, not me. I even prompted you into saying they were men and you stood your ground that god corrupted the young. When I point it out I get the same old love eternal lasting peace speech that seems never ending. The fact is the will of god as we have observed time and time again on this planet is not all it is cracked up to be and everytime something like the event that gave us God's Folly Day occurs, we hear from the religious that these are poor misguided muslims, or christians or devil worshipers. They are not representative of the faithful. Yet, I turn on my TV at almost anytime and I can hear a christian speaking with the self imposed authority of god who is condemning me to eternal hell and damnation. I didn't do anything to him?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.