Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
agnes wrote:
as for the "us" and "them" thing,,,i feel lucky to have seen so much "sameness" in so many different kinds of people...but when it comes to naziism for instance...i don't know what to do with that. i don't feel that as part of the collective sort of "sameness" i was talking about...and the treachery and opportunism used by those, involved in sucking in others by any avenue possible for ones own style of the same kind of weirdness...

There are traditional Us and Them's that I see commonly applied. People often categorize themselves in boundaries. White, Christian, Capitalist, American,. In my life I have seen these us or them's create all kinds of death and destruction.

i don't think it is crazy to want to understand why these things happen...what is the reason...what leads to the ideas that lead to the result death and destruction...what are the ideas that lead to the things that lead to the things that lead to such a negative outcome (s). how can we fix it? it is good to recognize (ideas, actions...) that lead us to such negative places, to understand the connection...

in the case of religion..being raised in a christian religion, it felt very much us and them,,,and even though i didn't feel evil...i felt doomed. (sorry,,,,it is okay to laugh a little, but i hope you understand what i mean)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:48 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Kevin said...

Len wrote:

"There are lots of rules."

"Rules are made to be broken." - I don't know who said that.

"I make my own rules." - I said that.

I said:

That almost sounds like something some other guy said.

Edited to try and make sense.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:51 am

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
in the case of religion..being raised in a christian religion, it felt very much us and them,,,and even though i didn't feel evil...i felt doomed. (sorry,,,,it is okay to laugh a little, but i hope you understand what i mean)

Well the whole concept of christianity is to be in the right "us" camp when god pulls the plug. Maybe that is why religion is so appealing to so many. It is part of are genetic predisposition to war. But wait there is more, we can use it to explain away are dark side (visions of Tommy James all stoned out with his face pressed against Billy Graham on the TV screen being saved from the devils clutches).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxJSYgOCljs

I personally blame god for 9/11. I would like to build a facility at "Ground Zero" (I hate that term) dedicated to the notion that on 9/11 god attacked the world. A nice little meditation hall with a ceiling painting similar to the Sistine Chapel with man reaching up to god and god pissing down on man. In gods closet there would be masks of the prophets that god can pull out and wear as it suits his mood. Behind man, towers would be burning and limp bloody bodies would be scattered at the feet of men armed to the teeth and firing bullets all around. On the sidelines would be various hospital and food tents with all the insignias of god nursing and feeding the mangled bodies demonstrating how compassionate god and man can be once the killing has subsided. I can see the facade looking out on lower Manhattan with a Greek style frieze and big letters saying

"9/11/01..JUST ANOTHER DAY WHEN GOD ATTACKED THE WORLD".

I think that would break the rules.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:01 am

Arlo Fanatic

I blame the aliens living in the Marianas trench for the last ten thousand years using the metals they carved off the tops of the Andean mountains near Nazca. They have to keep their bloodlines pure in accordance with their beliefs that if they mix with the mammals, they will lose their ability to navigate the wormholes and point to the colony in the Himalayas who did mix and devolved into the Chinese. All wars are a direct result of their manipulation of the monkey genes which resulted in the ultimate symbol of human war gene: Gene Simmons.

When playing at paranoia, ya gotta have a plot but for the sake of the audience. K.I.S.S. :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:24 am

Arlo Fanatic

Don't you mean Gene Simians? :?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:33 am

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:
I blame the aliens living in the Marianas trench for the last ten thousand years using the metals they carved off the tops of the Andean mountains near Nazca. They have to keep their bloodlines pure in accordance with their beliefs that if they mix with the mammals, they will lose their ability to navigate the wormholes and point to the colony in the Himalayas who did mix and devolved into the Chinese. All wars are a direct result of their manipulation of the monkey genes which resulted in the ultimate symbol of human war gene: Gene Simmons.

When playing at paranoia, ya gotta have a plot but for the sake of the audience. K.I.S.S. :P

But the guys flying the planes said right before they blew the shit out of those building that it was for god?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01315.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:33 am

Arlo Fanatic

And you believed them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya

Understanding evolution:

http://www.reddit.com/tb/d81io

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:35 am

Arlo Fanatic

Quote:
Don't you mean Gene Simians?

I don't want to make a guy mad at me that doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, convinced a Playboy centerfold to live with him for all these years and have children out of wedlock, yet wears a shining metal codpiece while wearing kabuki makeup.

I want to run him for President.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:43 am

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:
And you believed them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya

Understanding evolution:

http://www.reddit.com/tb/d81io

What?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Arlo Fanatic

They were lieing, H. They wanted virgins and couldn't afford New York prices for such rare commodities.

God is an excuse for just about anything as long as God doesn't actively protest.

Quote:
In truth, man is incurably foolish. Simple things which the other animals easily learn, he is incapable of learning. Among my experiments was this. In an hour I taught a cat and a dog to be friends. I put them in a cage. In another hour I taught them to be friends with a rabbit. In the course of two days I was able to add a fox, a goose, a squirrel and some doves. Finally a monkey. They lived together in peace; even affectionately.

Next, in another cage I confined an Irish Catholic from Tipperary, and as soon as he seemed tame I added a Scotch Presbyterian from Aberdeen. Next a Turk from Constantinople; a Greek Christian from Crete; an Armenian; a Methodist from the wilds of Arkansas; a Buddhist from China; a Brahman from Benares. Finally, a Salvation Army Colonel from Wapping. Then I stayed away two whole days. When I came back to note results, the cage of Higher Animals was all right, but in the other there was but a chaos of gory odds and ends of turbans and fezzes and plaids and bones and fleshnot a specimen left alive. These Reasoning Animals had disagreed on a theological detail and carried the matter to a Higher Court.

http://www.skeptically.org/logicalthreads/id14.html

Now let me add a bit of tit to that tat: things get better. Only closed systems actually have to devolve into chaos. Entropy isn't ironclad; it's dressed in burlap. It has holes. Things get in. Things get out.

What was Charles Darwin's best kept secret? Ascension Island.

http://www.pop.is/19489

One actually can turn a pile of cinder into a rainforest. It takes a bit of time and the will to make it work.

If one stays on the path you and Agnes revel in, at some point you should both get together, dress up as Adolph and Eva, put on "Suicide is Painless" and do the two-step-anesthetize-pain-permanently shuffle. Because that is where the 'war is in our genes' meme leads inevitably. Except, unless you simply like the pain, it isn't inevitable any more than it was inevitable that the cinder island remain a smoking hulk. Nature is not cruel even if indifferent. We suffer because we refuse to work at happiness, refuse to learn the joy of learning, refuse to stand in awe at the wonder of it all.

There is just as much growth as entropy. It requires the application of intelligence. If you can't fix the problems of mankind, do as Ringo Starr advised, and work on your own garden. And occasionally sneak over the fence to your neighbor's and leave a few seeds if you are so inclined.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:18 pm

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:
They were lieing, H. They wanted virgins and couldn't afford New York prices for such rare commodities.

The 9/11 terrorists were not muslim fanatics?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Yeah, they were promised each 72 virgins in eternity. Which to me always begged the questions, what would they do on day 73, and what if all the virgins were named Bruce?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Relatively speaking, H., they were kids. Give them enough money and show them enough shocking events and you can get kids to do almost anything except study for their exams and listen to better music.

Unless you understand what happened once we abandoned Bretton Woods and then based currency values on speculative currency exchange rates, it will look like the Democrats and Republicans actually control things. It will look like a small group of fanatics in caves in Pakistan threaten the world. They don't. The shock to Obama was probably how very little real control the most powerful office in the world has.

Do your arguments a favor and read this:

http://www.wider.unu.edu/publications/w ... wp2010-02/

That's not a blog. That is a UN University Working Paper.

There are several others there but understand that transnational control of economies is not a tin-foil hat right wing Christian conspiracy topic. It is a real event brought about by global capitalism and there is no turning back. It is now a matter of creating national structures that protect nations against the predatory actions of transnationals who understand how to play us against each other for their own benefit but who know that if the structures don't emerge, they are fox hunters without a fox. The hounds will turn on them.

If we go a'nukin' it won't be because fanatics started it. The people who handle those buttons are cold hard rational mother-fuckers and father-rapers. They will only do it if they and their's are threatened such as AchMaJeansAreHot trying to kick the Israelis into the Mediterranean or the Divine LeadHead of gNarlyChorea trying to show the Chinese who is really the fattest cat of a starving nation.

IOW, it won't happen because we are dangerous; it can happen because some of us are stupid. Don't think we haven't carved it up before. Archaeological evidence shows we've built it up, torn it down and built it up again several times and each time the big changes are mostly how fast we can cross the big ponds and what and how many diseases we carry. The rest is just what we build temples out of.

Pomegranates optional...

Quote:
Yeah, they were promised each 72 virgins in eternity. Which to me always begged the questions, what would they do on day 73, and what if all the virgins were named Bruce?

Larry mon: the actual haditha from which those come allow for male virgins. I know it's an oxymoron but much of what passes for religious text is moronic. BTW, the translation is not 'virgins' but 'buxom woman with big eyes' and your wife is one of them. Mine too. I'm looking forward to it but since the Qu'ran is quite specific about suicide being a trip to the non-paradise, I can wait my turn. So on the 73rd day, you start over with the date that brung ya. Heaven or hell? You decide. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:
Relatively speaking, H., they were kids. Give them enough money and show them enough shocking events and you can get kids to do almost anything except study for their exams and listen to better music.

Weren't they all over 21 years of age? I'll answer...19 hijackers ...mean age 24 and three were 20 within a month or 2 of being 21. They don't sound like kids to me.
Doesn't all the evidence indicate they truly believed this attack was god's will?

Last edited by heraclitis on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:27 pm

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:
If one stays on the path you and Agnes revel in, at some point you should both get together, dress up as Adolph and Eva, put on "Suicide is Painless" and do the two-step-anesthetize-pain-permanently shuffle. Because that is where the 'war is in our genes' meme leads inevitably. Except, unless you simply like the pain, it isn't inevitable any more than it was inevitable that the cinder island remain a smoking hulk. Nature is not cruel even if indifferent. We suffer because we refuse to work at happiness, refuse to learn the joy of learning, refuse to stand in awe at the wonder of it all.

sorry, i forgot, the ask questions part is against the rules when it comes to learning and talking about a subject...

deja vu

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.