Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:03 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1174
len wrote:
nortonkevin wrote:
A great and challenging piece to learn!!!


It is. It comes from the time when all the folk singers were impressing each other with classy chops. After moving on to the rock scene, I didn't come back to this one until now.

I probably won't get it note for note. Chords and feel will be enough.

Quote:
You just kind of wandered off on tangents about faith and ugly babies?


You said what you want to say. Me too. Conversation doesn't always lead to understanding. I consider explaining the behaviors of Christians as a class about the same way blacks feel about explaining behaviors of blacks as a class.


My comments were directed at the fact that god's will has resulted in death, destruction and war. Therefore, I will speak out against the belief in god. If they want people not to speak out against the belief in god, then stop killing people and starting wars. I speak out against religions (including christianity) because they are intolerant and preach hatred. If they don't want people to speak out against them, then stop being intolerant and preaching hatred. I don't understand the correlation to blacks or race?


          Top  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:02 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Feb 26, 2009
Posts: 1193
Quote:
My comments were directed at the fact that god's will has resulted in death, destruction and war. Therefore, I will speak out against the belief in god. If they want people not to speak out against the belief in god, then stop killing people and starting wars. I speak out against religions (including christianity) because they are intolerant and preach hatred. If they don't want people to speak out against them, then stop being intolerant and preaching hatred.


Party on, H.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:25 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1174
U 2 Len


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:01 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 4888
len wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
You just kind of wandered off on tangents about faith and ugly babies?


You said what you want to say. Me too. Conversation doesn't always lead to understanding.


if that is what you want to call it....while evading most if not all points of concern mentioned while throwing out a gazillion miles of smoke and mirrors, lightshows, the occasional pop up character, a dash of marbles, air that blows up from the floor, false openings, false walls,...it has been more like a carnival than a conversation.

well anyway


          Top  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:16 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Feb 26, 2009
Posts: 1193
Or… It’s…. The Devil. :twisted:

http://lamammals.blogspot.com/2010/09/aroma-party-interview-with-devil.html

:P


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:12 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 4888
agnes wrote:
if that is what you want to call it....while evading most if not all points of concern mentioned while throwing out a gazillion miles of smoke and mirrors, lightshows, the occasional pop up character, a dash of marbles, air that blows up from the floor, false openings, false walls,...it has been more like a carnival than a conversation.


...and i was being kind and generous with that description

i don't believe in the devil...i think people are who they are, sir


          Top  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:52 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Feb 26, 2009
Posts: 1193
So does The Devil. 8)


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:12 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 4888
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ8k6fVe25k


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:04 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2486
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
len wrote:

You said what you want to say. Me too. Conversation doesn't always lead to understanding. I consider explaining the behaviors of Christians as a class about the same way blacks feel about explaining behaviors of blacks as a class.


The problem with that analogy is that Christianity is a choice. I kinda feel like I have been sucked into looking anti-Christian. I am not. Not anti-Muslim either. Not anti any religion. My problem with most religions is that they do not follow their religions teachings. The problem with that line of thought is that it is the vocal minority that I am reacting to. I know plenty of Christians that do follow the their creed. ALL of them are tolerant of other religions.


          Top  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:12 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Feb 26, 2009
Posts: 1193
Goofus wrote:
len wrote:

You said what you want to say. Me too. Conversation doesn't always lead to understanding. I consider explaining the behaviors of Christians as a class about the same way blacks feel about explaining behaviors of blacks as a class.


The problem with that analogy is that Christianity is a choice. I kinda feel like I have been sucked into looking anti-Christian. I am not. Not anti-Muslim either. Not anti any religion. My problem with most religions is that they do not follow their religions teachings. The problem with that line of thought is that it is the vocal minority that I am reacting to. I know plenty of Christians that do follow the their creed. ALL of them are tolerant of other religions.


And so Christians who accept all faiths can't explain those that don't any more than Blacks like to explain their choices as representing all blacks. It doesn't matter if it is a choice to be one or the other. If you accept the explanation of the lady whom Dr. Laura insulted talking about the friends of her husband, no one wants to do that.

The hard part is not accepting each other's religions. The hard part is the social structures we have for ensuing we accept our common laws and live peaceably within them.

If one doesn't believe in any God, what right does it give them to question the behaviors of those that do even if contradictory? Do you ask blacks in your social circles why Obama chose the colors he did for his oval office?

When someone justifies incivil behavior with their religious beliefs and defends that behavior by claiming the civil laws support their religious beliefs, then you have a constitutional problem or challenge. Then the problem is ensuring the interpretation by the non-religious is no more onerous.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:35 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2486
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
You can stop being Christian. Show me a black person that can stop being black.

I have been watching Christians perform terrorism in my country. Terrorism is terrorism no matter who the perpetrator.

Kinda funny you should ask. Those colors were a part of our conversation this morning (we both saw the video too). She didn't like them either.

It pisses me off that people don't think I believe in God when I don't think the way that they do.

I believe that we would be much better off if tolerance and humility could be given to us as a shot along with our other vaccinations.


Edited to Quote this weird guy:

When concern for others' feelings and welfare is missing, our activities tend to become spoiled. Through lack of basic human feeling, religion, politics, economics, and so on can be rendered dirty. Instead of serving humanity, they become agents of its destruction. Therefore, in addition to developing a sense of universal responsibility, we need actually to be responsible people.


Last edited by Goofus on Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:41 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1694
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
"The World is my Country, is People my Brothers, and to do good for Mankind is my religion." -~ Tom Paine.

Paine said also that besides a Revolution in Govt. he saw a Revolution in Religion too.

Its too bad that Jefferson's dream of all Churches being U.U.s by 1850 didn't happen.

Then we would be at where Paine also said, "Only in Solidarity do we have it in our power to start the World over again."

:mrgreen: :evil: :twisted:

9-3-2010
11:40 pm


Last edited by leoburg on Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

          Top  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:13 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Feb 26, 2009
Posts: 1193
Goofus wrote:
You can stop being Christian. Show me a black person that can stop being black.


Some take a run at it. Michael Jackson. I don't think that makes a difference either. This is not about what we do because of any class to which we belong; it is about how we treat others based on what we think about the class to which they belong. It is about common civility and respect for different beliefs where those beliefs are not in conflict with civil law.

The fact that we know and will act on that means it is not in our genes. It may be in our ideas and by culture, in our hearts, but those like choosing to be a Christian, Buddhist, Jew, Hindu, Muslin, right on out to Anton LeVay ARE things we can refuse or act on.

But separation of power also means we are not free to choose beliefs for others unless it is shown not holding those beliefs has constitutional implications. Such is the ruling for gay marriage.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:21 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2486
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
Hmm...are you telling me you think MJ succeeded? From our conversation I am assuming you are white. I could be wrong. Do you think you could become black if you wanted to?

What in the hell does government have to do with marriage? It should be separated into what it really is. Want to get hitched? Go to the courthouse. Want to get married? Go to the church.

Did you read any of the stuff Jesus actually said?


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:22 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
Hmmmm..... somebody's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcL0mj ... re=related


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group