Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject: Re: RIP Jackie
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:16 am

Arlo Fanatic

More prayers, hugs, and love from me too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:22 pm

ArloNetizen

I thank Jackie for giving adg what he needed in order to be THE folk singer all these years.

At times like this, the ache of loss is almost overwhelmiing... But the comfort of memories will see you through.

My deepest sympathy for Arlo and family as well as friends of Jackie.

Last edited by draz54 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:35 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I was thinking about Mrs. G tonight and it occurred to me that she was quite an artist in her own right. It seems to me that I had seen a couple of her drawings on youtube, of course, that she had done of Arlo and Arlo’s mother. These drawings were incredible and I was amazed by them. I wonder if she had done other drawings and how amazing they must be?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:59 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Dear Arlo and family,

Our most sincere condolences during this difficult time. You are in our thoughts and prayers as you cope with this tremendous loss. Bring your pain to the music, it's always been there for you, and always will be. Peace be with you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:11 pm

BlunderVirgin

My husband and I never had the honor of meeting the Guthrie family except through albums, tv and live performances. But we wanted to honor Jackie. She was, she is and she will be loved. Til you meet again may you never forget.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:30 am

Senior ArloNetizen

It's strange, how the passing of someone you've never met, can leave you empty anyway. I've never met her, read her blogs, seen her facebook page or anything else about her. Yet I still feel a sense of loss. My brain kind of fogs up when I try to start understanding things that go much deeper than the paint on a wall, so this is way beyond my ability. I reckon it's just because we all know the feeling of losing loved ones, so we know what the Guthrie family is going through right now.

The Bible tells us to rejoice when one passes this life and goes on to be with God. But I'm kinda selfish I reckon, 'cause I'd like for them to hang around a bit longer.

Jackie sounds like she'd been one to ride the river with. That's an old cowboy saying that means she could be counted on to pull her weight, whatever the challenge, and it's the ultimate compliment I can give someone. I hope someday folks will look over my grave and say the same thing about me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:02 pm

BlunderVirgin

I remember when Sarah was singing a song about her mothers voice and I was crying and she saw me and started crying and I saw this and started crying and now everyone is crying. Tomorrow we will dry our tears and go on, but today we cry.
I'm very sorry.
sbh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:52 pm

BlunderVirgin

Dave said it so well. How sad to hear of Jackie's passing. Having only met her a few times, I too saw her love of her family - and their love back. My condolences to all. She will be missed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 pm

BlunderVirgin

My husband & I went to see & hear Arlo in Red Wing last weekend. I was grateful for his sharing of songs & stories about his parents, wife & kids. He told stories about his wife and how they met and a tale or two about her and then he mentioned almost in passing that they had celebrated their 43rd anniversary this year but that she hadn't been feeling well & now he missed her terribly. He had mentioned earlier that he was touring alone for now- usually with his family. and it hit me. I didn't know that he had just lost his wife of 43 years. I was touched and saddened & wanted to express to you- Arlo and to your family my love & gratitude for inviting us all into your life and sharing your many stories & remembrances. Thanks you so very much. Many blessings to you all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Welcome to the site. Enjoyed reading your comments about the show. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:36 am

BlunderVirgin

I'm sorry to hear of Jackie's passing. I learned while watching Arlo's story on the CBS Early Show. I remember seeing her take the stage with the rest of the family for just a few minutes at a Carnegie performance. I hope my husband and I can find the same everyday happiness 43 years later. Prayers to the Guthrie family.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:04 pm

BlunderVirgin

Peace, brother, to you and your family.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:48 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Actually, correct myself, met have met her when had quickest visit in and out of church a lady who Arlo to show me around. She once had thnaks me for my DJ version of Doors of Heaven which sound was messed up at beginning and love the version she put together of MA.