Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:58 pm

BlunderVirgin

Just have to share this song along the lines of Alice's Restaurant. Give it a listen!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV3ay46zMoQ#t=22

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:18 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I fore see litigation ,down the road . :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:37 am

BlunderVirgin

I think if all of our citizens knew what going on in education, they would stop the teacher bashing and join us in the streets. I know I have to spend so much time I would rather spend on planning and working with children on proving my teaching is solid. With 25% of our students living in poverty, the challenges that face our children and teachers are overwhelming.

Corporation take overs of our public schools is NOT the answer. Parental involvement, programs that engage children and that do not standardize them as well as time for teachers to connect with their students on a level that has high caring and high expectations is what is needed. If common core was so top notch, why do oil companies have to run advertisements for it? Why has Bill Gates and his foundation spent gobs and gobs of money to promote them? Why were educators and child psychologists not involved in developing them?

This song highlights just one of the challenges that face education. There are so many others.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:18 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Becca wrote:
I think if all of our citizens knew what going on in education, they would stop the teacher bashing and join us in the streets. I know I have to spend so much time I would rather spend on planning and working with children on proving my teaching is solid. With 25% of our students living in poverty, the challenges that face our children and teachers are overwhelming.

Corporation take overs of our public schools is NOT the answer. Parental involvement, programs that engage children and that do not standardize them as well as time for teachers to connect with their students on a level that has high caring and high expectations is what is needed. If common core was so top notch, why do oil companies have to run advertisements for it? Why has Bill Gates and his foundation spent gobs and gobs of money to promote them? Why were educators and child psychologists not involved in developing them?

This song highlights just one of the challenges that face education. There are so many others.

The wife has been a teacher for almost 30 years ,while I agree to your statements on Teacher bashing ,people don't want to pay to educate children anymore so they (the schools) get the money from any place they can .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Arlo Fanatic

G1.. wrote:
The wife has been a teacher for almost 30 years ,while I agree to your statements on Teacher bashing ,people don't want to pay to educate children anymore so they (the schools) get the money from any place they can .

i know i put a chunk of tax dollars in the mail! (and i know i am not the only one) an honest plan should work!

Becca wrote:

thanks for sharing your thoughts on this and for bringing some details to light, some things to be aware of and look into.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:43 pm

BlunderVirgin

You are very welcome.