Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject: Matinee shows?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:55 am

ArloNetizen

Hi Arlo, With a lot of your older fans getting older, I was wondering if you ever considered doing some matinee shows? Never thought I would say this but, now turning 72, I am having difficulty with night driving and try to avoid it for safety reasons. We were really hoping to see you in Keene, but I don't think we'll be able to make it unless we can find a designated and safe driver. By the way we are from Auburn, Ma. and missed the Hilltown Hoot this year. We saw you at the Church this spring and it was a great time as always, but we wanted to make one of your bigger shows to see the AV show.

Post subject: Re: Matinee shows?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:57 am

The Folkslinger

We do those afternoon gigs usually on Sundays... Depends on the venues generally. We don't have a lot to say about it. The venues figure they know their markets better (they're usually right) than we do. I'm closing in on 70 too so I get it. That's why we have younger drivers. :)

Post subject: Re: Matinee shows?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:09 am

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
We do those afternoon gigs usually on Sundays... Depends on the venues generally. We don't have a lot to say about it. The venues figure they know their markets better (they're usually right) than we do. I'm closing in on 70 too so I get it. That's why we have younger drivers. :)

Arlo, thank you for answering. A matinee at the Church would be much welcome if it makes any logistical sense.
Be well