Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject: Norman Always Knew.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:01 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I love this video! I found it by accident years ago but I never hear or see anyone mention it. It contains three things from my youth 1) Stockbridge 2} Norman Rockwell 3) Arlo . I live in the mid Atlantic now but I grew up in New Jersey(not Jersey) yet I attend camp in the Berkshires for 8 weeks a summer for 11 years and even worked at the camp it's final year in 1975. Arlo didn't write it , it was written by Steve Vozzolo+ Joe Manning but it just seems very much him. The memories I have from back then are just wonderful, the Berkshires in the 60's and 70's was a very special place that I still love today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4X6RdRfzmY

Post subject: Re: Norman Always Knew.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

G1.. wrote:
I love this video! I found it by accident years ago but I never hear or see anyone mention it. It contains three things from my youth 1) Stockbridge 2} Norman Rockwell 3) Arlo . I live in the mid Atlantic now but I grew up in New Jersey(not Jersey) yet I attend camp in the Berkshires for 8 weeks a summer for 11 years and even worked at the camp it's final year in 1975. Arlo didn't write it , it was written by Steve Vozzolo+ Joe Manning but it just seems very much him. The memories I have from back then are just wonderful, the Berkshires in the 60's and 70's was a very special place that I still love today.

I am pretty sure others have mentioned it, but thanks for bringing it out and sharing your own perspective and the sparking of your own memories too!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:05 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:
G1.. wrote:

I am pretty sure others have mentioned it, but thanks for bringing it out and sharing your own perspective and the sparking of your own memories too!

I apologize , I didn't know it had been discussed , sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:34 am

The Folkslinger

G1.. wrote:
agnes wrote:
G1.. wrote:

I apologize , I didn't know it had been discussed , sorry.

One time decades ago, I was in Scandinavia somewhere and wandered into a restaurant/bar. There lots of Rockwell paintings (copies) on the walls. I sat there alone looking at MY doctor, MY friends, and thinking to myself how small the world gets every once in a while.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:18 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
One time decades ago, I was in Scandinavia somewhere and wandered into a restaurant/bar. There lots of Rockwell paintings (copies) on the walls. I sat there alone looking at MY doctor, MY friends, and thinking to myself how small the world gets every once in a while.

Exactly! And that was MY doctor too! And MY doctor had THAT painting (or print) (if it’s the same one you mean) on his wall even when he changed offices. Along with that one called “Shiner” (love it) and another painting (print) that was not Norman Rockwell (a doctor with a syringe, a baby oblivious to any needles in the room, and two nervous parents huddled together in the background horrified), but would still put your head in a good place. :)

PS It would not allow me to "reply" with more than 3 consecutive quotes together, so I had to just work with it.