Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: FALL TOUR READY TO ROLL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:28 am

The Folkslinger

It's that time of year when we love to be out on the road. We're heading through some beautiful country during the fall leg of our Family Legacy Tour. Abe, Sarah Lee, Johnny, Gordon & I along with our crew, Mary-Lyn, Jill and Mikey are gearing up and putting together the last minute details before we hit the trail. A few days ago I had the pleasure of getting together with my old pal Pete Seeger for a little gig at the Dream Away Lodge - It rained like hell, but we had a great time anyway. I walked up to Pete before the gig and asked "What are we going to do?" He just looked up and said, "Midnight Special." 40 years earlier he had the same answer to the same question. It's nice to know some things don't change all that much.

adg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:49 am

Arlo Fanatic

Sounds like your feelin' good and ready to get goin' adg! Have a great time and take care. I WILL get to the Fall Revival ONE DAY. At least I can enjoy reading stories and viewing photos of this special weekend thanks to the generosity of my fellow Blunderites.

Greetings from DownUnder. Have fun!.... Deb Louise.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:31 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
adg wrote:
A few days ago I had the pleasure of getting together with my old pal Pete Seeger for a little gig at the Dream Away Lodge - It rained like hell, but we had a great time anyway.

adg

Awesome!...Glad that things are peachy :D ....Sunday in New England was raining like cats and dogs, that's great that you did not get into trouble by stepping on a poodle :lol:...I thus shall see you soon!

Peace,
Lorie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:29 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Looking forward to the show at Symphony Hall. I just spoke to George today at the Guthrie Center and everyone is looking forward to this weekend all the fun etc. I sent you your check for the C.D. that needs to be signed by you-----THANKS AGAIN 8)

Andrea Jackson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:29 am

Arlo Fanatic

So glad you're doing better hon! :) Birchmere here we come... :) Have a safe trip to whever you travel... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:06 pm

Sounds like a great meeting-up with Pete! See you October 17 in Illinois! I'll be bringing my 7-year-old son and having an early celebration of my 40th birthday on the 21st!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:58 pm

Just wondering if you'll ever come up to Montreal.

Two weeks ago, my friends bought me tickets to see Billy Bragg for my birthday and it was a great show.

Another question: Is "Washington County" available somewhere? My vinyl copy is scratched to hell

radiomother

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:07 pm

Site Admin

Arlo has been near montreal quite a bit in last few years,this year in Ottawa,Kingston and Toronto.So far the schedule for next year has him in the west coast in Canada...You can get yourself new vinyl here,peace
http://www.risingsonrecords.com/store/c ... =2a&page=2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:01 am

Arlo Fanatic

I guess I'll have to wait for the Fall Tour to roll around next Spring :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:03 pm

Hey, Any chance of the tour coming over to the UK at some time !!
:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:27 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Hi Roy,
Arlo just came back from his European Tour. He was in Ireland, GB, Denmark and Germany (where I got to see him :D ) in August and September. So I don't think he'll be back anytime soon.

Bridge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:41 am

Arlo Fanatic

Roy Evans wrote:
Hey, Any chance of the tour coming over to the UK at some time !!
:P

Hi Roy,

You can always come over here! :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:36 pm

adg wrote:
It's that time of year when we love to be out on the road. We're heading through some beautiful country during the fall leg of our Family Legacy Tour. Abe, Sarah Lee, Johnny, Gordon & I along with our crew, Mary-Lyn, Jill and Mikey are gearing up and putting together the last minute details before we hit the trail. A few days ago I had the pleasure of getting together with my old pal Pete Seeger for a little gig at the Dream Away Lodge - It rained like hell, but we had a great time anyway. I walked up to Pete before the gig and asked "What are we going to do?" He just looked up and said, "Midnight Special." 40 years earlier he had the same answer to the same question. It's nice to know some things don't change all that much.

adg

Arlo,

Waiting impatiently to see you and yours in Oshkosh....My best friend, Laurie and I always have one thing to look forward to......your coming to Wisconsin. Thanks for all the Joy.

Vonniej

Post subject: Pete Seeger
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:06 am

Senior ArloNetizen

ADG;

What is this man like? I hear he is good friend's with Springsteen also?

Looking forward to a bit of snow as our morning's are getting nippy~

Butternut ski in Great Barrington is SUPER** Will contact Lisa after January 1st to start plans for the next HD Walk.

Take Care**

Andrea Jackson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:26 am

Glad to hear Pete is still performing I hope he is well I still bust a gut everytime I hear the story of Elivs and Pete's banjo,

Love and Peace to all
Vicki