Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Plankton
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:30 am

I seem to remember that plankton was provided by the government and called Soylent Green . . .

Then there was ol' Charlton Heston, bloodied and dying, being carried off by the helmeted & armed police, screaming out with his last breath, "Soylent Green is People!"

But I thought People was a magazine . . .

This naturally leads us to the final question (get ready, it's coming around on the guitar): "Is it Plankton . . . or is it People?"

I'm looking forward to seeing you again, Arlo, @ the Rogue Theatre in Grants Pass, OR next month. Wishing you a safe journey until then.

Janis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:28 am

Arlo Fanatic

Well, if plankton is soylent green and soylent green is people and people is a magazine, then seems like plankton might be trees and ink...
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:37 am

Senior ArloNetizen

cheryl wrote:
Well, if plankton is soylent green and soylent green is people and people is a magazine, then seems like plankton might be trees and ink...
:lol:

Cheryl has lucid logic. Must be the plankton. Head for the hills.

Don't look back. The giant clam might be gaining on ya.

:wink:

Post subject: Phytonutrition
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:29 pm

BlunderVirgin

I am glad to hear your interested in healthy foods, I have been with the help of some long timers going more to living , raw foods and supplements for a while. Next time your in town I can take you to my favorite Raw restaurant if you have the time. And if you really have time we can do some dirt riding in my neighborhood. Karl Greenblatt

Post subject: Aluminum in our food
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:49 pm

sue wrote:
I've made the switch from diet soda to herbal tea/green tea, (I travel with a teapot and an electric tea kettle!) and the fridge is full of fresh organic fruit and veggies for munching on anytime, and we use olive oil to cook with. With all the health problems I've had, I sure don't need food /additives causing more problems. My rule is that things have to resemble it's original form as closely as possible before it's considered to be edible.
Just today I heard about the substance in the plastic in 2-litre soda bottles that seems to make people gain weight. Now I'm wondering about the millions of plastic water bottles that are out there that we've all used.

-
Another good thing to consider is throwing away our aluminum cooking pots - aluminum is considered to be a cause/aid to the Alzheimer's condition when ingested in mineral form (from cooking/storing in aluminum vessels). What I read said that it causes "neurofibulary tangles." Really, if you recycle aluminum it just is presented to us again, so I threw mine away - hopefully, Mother Earth will deal with it easily. It's only found naturally in trace amounts, so a whole pot or pan made of it will be a bundle to put back into the Earth. What to do?

I've been drinking FrequenSea daily for about four months, and feel great - easier walking. I'm also taking (veggie) joint health supplements, which probably are an extra fortification, if absorbed properly.

- Pam B

Post subject: FRENQUSEA
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:37 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

THANKS FOR THE INFO PAM B. I PLAN ON TRYING THIS AS WELL. I HAD A HEALTH HX OF LYME DISEASE AND FIBROMYALGIA.

ARLO AND JACKIE SWEAR BY FREQUENSEA~~~~ MAY IT BE AS GOOD AS HIS MUSIC!

ANDREA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:22 am

The Folkslinger

Probably more than 8 out of 10 people you know carry the lime's disease virus. It becomes a problem when you don't have the voltage keep it at bay, or in other words, when your body doesn't have sufficient capacity to heal itself. We just finished a three day seminar at the church on this very subject. Sorry if you were not able to attend, as the first day was free and open to the public.

Post subject: Lyme disease
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:15 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

ADG:

I was planning to go Thursday night to see Dr "T" at the Guthrie Center
but a client of mine needed me to work. I also work as a home care
CNA---I had to be in W. Springfield for 6 p.m.~~~

I hope to catch Dr "T" next time. Thanks again for thinking of me.
I sent Howard Finkelstein of New Rochelle, NY a jug of the maple syrup
and it is as good as Alice's Restaurant :lol: He really admired your Dad
and Mother- her dancing/artist ability. Howard and Rhea (deseased) are orignially from Far Rockaway- Queens. use to see Woody at Coney Island night club's and remeber's you when you were little. Knows
many of the same folk's your mom and dad knew of.

I WISH HOWARD WOULD COME UP FOR THE WEEKEND AND GO WITH ME TO THE GUTHRIE CENTER FOR A CONCERT...... CALL HIM AND INVITE HIM--I THINK HE WOULD HAVE A HEART ATTACK IF YOU OR JACKIE CALLED TO TALK ABOUT THE GOOD OL' CONEY ISLAND/BROOKLYN/QUEENS DAYS~~~

SEE YOU SOON~~

THANKS**

ANDREA JACKSON :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:46 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

"You'd have to swim around with your mouth open for a long time to ingest this stuff, never mind compete with very large sea creatures."

I bet you'd ingest a bunch of fishy poop too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:47 am

Arlo Fanatic

It's actually quite good and I feel better when I take it.

Is Dr. T coming back this year???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:25 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I guess cancer's been around forever, but more so in recent years. So many things in the modern world is unhealthy. I think life was better without plastic. I don't like the idea of buying water in plastic bottles, but our tap water tastes nasty. I read that it's bad to use plastic of any kind in the microwave and if you burn anything in a teflon coated pan, throw the pan away, as well as not using aluminum cookwear.

We live in a rural farming community that grows mostly rice and soy beans. We used to see a lot of crop dusting planes, but haven't in a long time. When my 3rd daughter was in high school in 1990, in a little country school, her senior class had only 17 students and of those kids, 3 of the mothers had breast cancer-I was one of them. I'd say that's a rather large percentage. All 3 were cured and are still living. I had surgery, chemo and lots of radiation and told my husband that I wouldn't go through all that again. I got a new cancer (rather than a recurance) last year, and like Wyld, went through surgery and chemo again last summer. I can't have any more radiation, ever-that is some mean, nasty stuff! I still have some of the side effects of the chemo. I heard that the doctor figures out how much chemo will kill you then backs off, just a little. That's probably not true. I'm currently on 9 prescription medications, and I hate it.

I'm sure that eating well, as Arlo recomments would be the best way to be healthy. When I was a child in the olden days, a bottle of pop and penny candy was a treat-not an everyday way of life. This country should be as scared of fast food as of any outside threat to our security. We are killing ourselves by big macs! I also heard that locally produced honey is helpful for allergies. Something about immunity to the pollens. Splenda tastes pretty good, for a sweetener but it's pretty expensive. I also wonder what the deal is with soy. I bought a cake of it once. It sat in the bottom of the fridge for a couple of years and I threw it away. Does anyone else remember their mom buying margerine that was white and came with a little packet of yellow coloring to make it look like butter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:41 am

Arlo Fanatic

I remember hearing about the white margarine. My mom said it was because the dairy lobby got laws passed that margarine couldn't be sold with coloring in it. I think you're exactly right about the plastic, etc. A few years ago, a dear friend of ours in Austin--a strict vegetarian--developed a particularly nasty kind of incurable brain cancer. Too late for him, they discovered that about a block or two from his house, in a swampy woods, were some 20-year-old illegal chemical dumps--drums of waste--that were leaking into the groundwater. Though his drinking water was from the municipal source and probably OK, the 'organic' veggies he grew in his beautiful backyard garden may have been what killed him, as they soaked up the chemicals from the groundwater. Nothing had been done about the dump, the last we heard, because legal responsibility hadn't been decided, and people and pets were still living in that neighborhood (with abnormally high cancer rates). And that's Austin, not Detroit or Dallas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:43 am

Arlo Fanatic

Hope you're doing better. We use Splenda due to our diabetes. You're right it is pricey tho...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:06 am

Arlo Fanatic

Our yard where I grew up backed up to the powerline. We used to run around back there, all year, go sledding, walk the dog. My sister, who is older than me, remembers trucks going back and forth on the powerline in the late 50's/early 60's, spraying God knows what. Today we are both breast cancer survivors. Was it a coincidence we were both hit with the disease? I think not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:04 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Cheryl, thank you, I'm doing well. I've been cured again. The disfigurment bothers me, but I'm ALIVE! Breast cancer, as bad as it is, at least has a good cure rate if it's caught early. I feel that the love, support and prayers of my family, friends and church saved me as much as the doctors-and I have great doctors. It's quite different with many other cancers. We live near St. Jude children's cancer hospital and I know two kids that have been in treatment there. Kids are amazing! Both of these boys are doing well.

Cancer, as well as many other illnesses probably come from many sources. Some of the sources involve personal choices, such as smoking, bad diet and other bad habits. Then there are is the polution of the air, water, pesticides, etc. So many products these days are made of, or involved in some way with chemicals. I was thrilled when permanent press fabrics first came out, but now I wonder..... We've also had generations of kids chewing on plastic toys. It's difficult to find anything affordable that doesn't have plastics or chemicals in them. Even cars! We used to be in the auto body business and I remember the first time we replaced a plastic fender. If you think the "chrome" parts on your car is metal, think again. Most these days are plastic covered with chrome looking stuff. Replacement pulmbing parts, almost everything is made of or contains plastic-which by the way, doesn't last long. I wonder if aluminum cans pose the same danger as pots and pans?