Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I've worked for, with & around health care professionals for 34 some odd years and Arlo is absolutely totally right, down to the last period.

Anyway, since the website is set up will the proceeds go to the GC now? Just want to make sure it's all set.

Thanks
Cheryl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:54 pm

The Folkslinger

The price seems a little high, but it's real not to bad. You only need about an ounce a day. That's about the cost of a can or two of Coke or Pepsi a day. When you get a four pack, it even comes with it's own shot glass (some of us gotta love that). Swap out the soda pop and see what happens.

adg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:46 am

Arlo Fanatic

I remember that Full House episode. We sometimes get the diet (sugar free) green tea that's in the bottle. Maybe I need to drink more of that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:13 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I think it’s important to eat natural or organic food (without fertiliser, pesticides, chemical additives, GMO......) because we do not know the long-term effects of all these substances on the body.
Many of them did not exist 20 or 30 years ago, the food was more natural than nowadays and it is necessary to be watchful especially for the children.
I advise to the families that I meet, to eat food without chemicals, if they can. (I’m a doc “in prevention”). I think (personally) that it can be one of the means to make the body enough strong to fight against the diseases or to avoid them (notably the cancer).
There are probably on our planet, all the plants or the other elements to protect the health, but it is necessary to know them and not to destroy them.
However, when a person is affected by a confirmed cancer it would be dangerous to push away given treatments (the results are positive for many persons).

( Sorry if my english is not very good)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:49 am

Arlo Fanatic

I tend to agree with you, cecile... I was diagnosed with breast cancer last summer and have been doing the standard treatment (surgery, chemo, radiation) and now that I'm nearly done, I'll be starting with FrequenSea to help my body rebuild its strength.

There is good reason to use 'standard treatment' in many cases. but there's also good reason to use the things mother nature has provided.

Wishing good health to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:32 pm

ArloNetizen

Guess I already knew the answer to my question...Dang it all Arlo, why did you have to go and make sense?? But give up my soda? sigh.... Oh well, been meaning to do that anyway. Now, about that shot glass..that's just for the FrequenSEA, right?? :P

Rose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:38 pm

ArloNetizen

Wyldflower, I just wanted to let you know that you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Rose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:26 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Cheryl Harrell wrote:
I remember that Full House episode. We sometimes get the diet (sugar free) green tea that's in the bottle. Maybe I need to drink more of that...

Cheryl there is a new carbonated green tea drink called Engiva and works as a calorie burner its awesome. It comes in two other flavors peach and berry. I started drinking it for a few weeks and since then I have cut back on diet sodas big time..... Ain't life sweet? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

That sounds like a good drink. I hope it's sugar free. I'll have to see if it is available around here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:21 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Wyldflower wrote:
There is good reason to use 'standard treatment' in many cases. but there's also good reason to use the things mother nature has provided.
Wishing good health to all!

I hope you are doing good with all the treatments you have to go through. I know from a friend of a friend who had breast cancer and did all the standard treatments but additionally had injections with a natural product that helped to strengthen her body. She's been cancer free for about 13 years now.
I am wishing you all the best and thinking about you.
Brigitte

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:49 am

Arlo Fanatic

Thank you, Rosie and Brigitte, for the good thoughts. I'm doing well, and looking forward to being done with treatment. My doctors have said "no new supplements until done with radiation" so it will be about five more weeks before I can start FrequenSEA.

Hey Arlo... will you have FrequenSEA on the Get Stuff table at shows?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:56 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Cut out everything that is diet..... I used to tease my Mom about her diet supplitments. .... When she found out they were banning ( or taking off the market) Sacharien Tablets, she bought herself a Y2K supply. It musta lasted her 3 or 4 yrs. ( remember how small those things were)

I would tell her, that Sacharien (sp.ck) killed lab rats. And she would laugh, and suggest, Scientist fed the rats, 400X's the normal dose. And she only used 2 or 3 tablets a day... She used to make a pretty good tea if memory serves me.... With sacharien.... ( the after taste I didn't like)

She lived to be 79 ( a few mnths from 80 )... & then dropped dead, from cancer....

She seemed to go outta her way sometimes, to do what's popular. In her early 70's her friend swore by the pain reliever 'VIOX'. So naturally, by nature, she got on the stuff... I remember telling her, that Viox was bad, bad, bad, and she'd get in a huff about it.... I'd usually walk away laughing and letting it go.... ( ya had to know my Mom. it was hard to get a #1 up on her) lol....

But then a few yrs. later, Pharmaceutical Co's started yanking Viox from the shelves, with proof, the drug was totally unsafe.... I never teased my Mom again, and went to lenghts to get her off the stuff..... ( my sisters and I found her Y2K supply, after she died, cleaning out cupboards one day).

I don't lose sleep over it.... My Mom had a great life, and lived to be 79 for God's sake... But I sometimes wonder, even if just a tad, maybe it was the sacharine????? Or the Viox that caused the cancer...???

* I don't and haven't for a very long time, trust anything new, in the Pharmeceutical Dept..... Synthetic drugs scare me.... You could say I have a phobia about them... ( it scares me to think, the possibility of being inpatient, and being at a group of Drs.. mercy...)

I watched a freind of mine, hallucentate, terribly, taking the drug 'Neurotin'..... It makes one wonder??? About people ( mostly old folks) that are ware-housed away somewhere, and are subject to taking drugs, not to they're liking....( or have or think they have, no say )

* I invision myself, like the old codge in Steven Kings "The Green Mile".... Except, instead of sneaking outta an old folks home, from staff, I'll be getting up early, sneaking away from Sue...... I'm sure one gets an aquired taste for cold toast..... My favorite part of that book, is realizing, those morning walks had kept that old dudes memorys alive, as well as himself.. For so long...

but that can sure take it's time in coming...... there's nothing as unforgiving as time, itself... :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

A lot of us are Stevia converts...instead of using artificial sweeteners, you can use an all-natural extract of the Stevia plant, sold in liquid or powder form at your local health food store. Just takes a smidgen, and there's nothing artificial about it. It seems pricey (about $10 for a 1 oz bottle of dry powdered extract,) but I've been working on this bottle for a year, and it's still half full. It's heat stable, but I have not tried to bake with it.
There's some wonderful herbal teas out there...one of my personal favorites is "Good Earth Original" tea. You don't need to add anything to this tea...it's got cinnamon oil in it, and it tastes naturally sweet, with 0 calories. It's also good as an iced tea. Another great one is Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice. For some reason I can only find it in the fall and winter, but if you like chai type teas, this one is a winner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:47 am

Arlo Fanatic

Glad Wyld is doing better. I remember the Saccharine pills. Once in the 70's at a party I brought some diet soda with me & on the can it said that the Saccharine in it causes cancer in rats. When we teenagers read that we had a good laugh about the disclaimers on a can of soda/soft drinks. I've tried Stevia before. Can't hack the taste of Sweet & Low. That mess tastes nasty...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:32 pm

just curious Arlo, what's wrong with soy? e.g. soy milk and tofu? how do you know if it's been fermented three years?