Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:06 am

The Folkslinger

The last official shows with me, Abe and Gordon playing together are over. From here on we are going our separate ways at least for about a year. This is a very big change for me, as Gordon has been paying with us now for 5 or 6 years, and Abe has been on the road with me for over 20 years! The "Arlo Guthrie Solo Reunion Tour - Together At Last" has it's first play in Cleveland at Cain Park and as the dog days of summer come along we'll be bouncing along the road coming your way. Sept. I'm in the studio for a few weeks. Then we gear up for a full Fall schedule bringing us to Carnegie Hall with the University of Kentucky Symphony Orchestra.

In other news: The shows at the Church, July 6, 7 and 8th will be a special event! We will, as always, be raising money for the Church during the summer revival, but this year the event will also be a CD Release Party. Everyone who attends will get the new "IN TIMES LIKE THESE" CD officially due to be released July 10th (60th Birthday included). Our way of saying thank you for your continued support!

adg

Last edited by adg on Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: SUNDAY NIGHT SHOW
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:08 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I CAN PLAY THE AIR GUITAR! I WILL BRING COPIES OF THE LYRIC'S OF ALICE'S RESTAURANT~~~ FOR ALL WHO ATTEND.

ANDREA JACKSON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:53 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Wow...that's a big change. I had feeling this is what the "solo reunion tour...alone at last" meant. Hope all goes well reuniting with yourself ! I have been trying to get a message to you through RSR and here about an event we have in 2008 in Lenox, if you could let me know if you got it that would be really great.(I got no tag from RSR that it was recieved or read)
Best wishes for your new unknown configuration. I'm sure it will be great, as usual. Thanks !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hmmmmmm???? Since Arlo has said they don't know what they will be playing, perhaps you should bring lyric sheets for EVERY song he has ever done, just in case. I mean if we don't use them, maybe the people on the stage will? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

[quote="Kevin-MusicRx"]. I had feeling this is what the "solo reunion tour...alone at last" quote]

Close Kevin, BUT it's the" Arlo Guthrie solo reunion tour.....TOGETHER at last". Together solo tours are not the same as alone solo tours. I'm not quite sure how or why, but they are. :) There will be lots more time for music too, since Arlo won't have to waste a lot of time to introduce the band.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:26 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
In case of an emergency if you run out of writing paper for all of the lyrics, toilet paper is the best source, its irresistable! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:31 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

..well that brings back some memories ... fortunately something does....
last time I saw you solo was back in the early 90's at Sanders theater...in Cambridge, MA... having been out of commission myself for a few years before that.... the last time you had Shenandoah following closely behind you....

but it was a great concert and i remember thinking yeah, he's pretty good....:<>....(Victor Jara is currently playing in my head so perhaps you sang it that night)....

therein is a lesson....health problems kept me out of the concert scene of Arlo and anyone for several years, unexpected of course...so i say if you have a chance to do it..... then do it.... you never know when it's comin round on the guitar again....

see y'all this weekend!...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:18 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Larry wrote:
Kevin-MusicRx wrote:
. I had feeling this is what the "solo reunion tour...alone at last" quote]

Close Kevin, BUT it's the" Arlo Guthrie solo reunion tour.....TOGETHER at last". Together solo tours are not the same as alone solo tours. I'm not quite sure how or why, but they are. :) There will be lots more time for music too, since Arlo won't have to waste a lot of time to introduce the band.

Yeah....introducing Abe and Gordon takes up alot of time ! I'm trying to understand what being TOGETHER with yourself means. I'll ponder it on the group w bench.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I'm sure that being together by yourself has got to be better than being alone by yourself. I mean if you are alone in a crowd, you may be George W. Bush, if you are together in a crowd, you may be Arlo Guthrie. Ommmmmm....................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:35 am

I came up to do the HD walk along with my Dad, and I admit it, I'd never seen one of your shows before, Arlo. So, we all went to the Friday night show. I had a great time!

It's always a wonderful thing, when you have a chance to see a performance in such a small, and such a special place. It wasn't until Sunday morning, before the walk, when you guys spoke to us outside the search, that I found out these would be your last three shows together. You guys were great!

I don't think anyone minded the tuning. But, Arlo, one thing... You said you need to cut down on the talking, to make your shows shorter. All I can say is: no! I loved listening to your stories, and it sure seemed like we all did!

Anyway, thanks for the great show, Arlo. And special thanks to all of your family for your work to raise awareness and funds for HD. It's truly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:30 am

Arlo Fanatic

Welcome to the site! Glad you had a great time at the shows... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:01 pm

OK Arlo, I think I know the lyrics to most of your music I'll sing backup! :lol:

Post subject: good to be here
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:24 pm

Hi, i'm new at this forum. Wanted to say hi, I'm hoping to visit the church this weekend May 30 2007 to see Meg Hutchinson, and experience the entity of the church.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:42 pm

I'm a frequent flyer at the Church but my Dad came up for the first time on Sunday. He really loved the show and was embraced by the spirit of the place. There sure is a great group of folks there. Great show, Mr. G.

Post subject: SUNDAY SHOW
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:04 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

ARLO'S SHOWS ARE A GUARANTEE!

AJ