Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:52 am

Arlo Fanatic

Since we're goning to Mikes sisters in Ohio in a coupla week for a coupla weeks, I'll probably have to wait & get this one at the Orkney Springs, VA show. It'll be a long wait but worth it... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:30 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

what an amazing CD!!...so beautiful... i closed my eyes and was right there...no time, no space, just heart and music...
congratulations and thanks....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hey Cheryl, there's this guy named Ben Franklin that helped the government create this thing called "the post office". They deliver mail and stuff. Rumor has it, them smart cookies up there at Rising Son Records picked up on this new concept and have bought these things called "stamps".(Annie and Deb are real quick to get in on all the newest technologies) If you tell them where you live, and send them money, they put a "stamp" on the cd, give it to the people that work for the post office, and with a little luck you should have in a few days. So, you don't have to wait!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:50 pm

Arlo Fanatic

In times like these is some beautiful music.
The hair and sword on the cover, make this man wonder. They glow in the dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:26 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
I finally listened to the whole CD, this music puts you in a sentimental mood with a candlelight dinner and dancing and later a bubble bath and champange. The CD cover shows a romantic side of Arlo. IMO you can't expect Arlo to be humorous on every album he makes :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:46 pm

Arlo Fanatic

leoburg wrote:
In times like these is some beautiful music.
The hair and sword on the cover, make this man wonder. They glow in the dark.

What sword? Isn't that the thingy that holds up the lid of the grand piano???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:59 pm

Arlo Fanatic

It sorta looks like a sword..but you're right, it is the prop rod for the top of the piano.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Ya right, it is that thingy that holds up the thingy of the Piano. It sure did look like a sword to me. Thanks for correcting me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:46 am

Arlo Fanatic

adg,
Is there any reason that picture on "Times Like These" looks like a sword?
I wish my sword was a Piano. All I got is this PC, with Rock and Folk on the Speakers that come out of it. I don't send out the Doors of Heaven to the Govabees, but it does go to the People I know.-lately

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:41 am

Arlo Fanatic

Yeah, I'd love to do business with the post office to get the new cd. But we gotta afford the trip to Mikes sisters in Ohio this month & Aug & the 2 Arlo shows in Aug. :) We're hitting the Orkney Springs show on the way back from Ohio, come home the next day & off to Wolftrap the next day. Whew. I figured the cd can be a souvenir of the Orkney Springs show... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:16 pm

ArloNetizen

Larry wrote:
For the most part, those that can, do, and those that can't become critics.
LMFAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:37 pm

Congratulations, Arlo --

What a great CD! You deserve to be proud: I've been listening to it all morning....okay, and singing along off-key. (Hope the neighbors can't hear.)

Talk about a "mood setter" -- Let me put it this way: Last week I would have thought that the chances of ever hearing Arlo sing the old wedding standard "Can't Help Falling in Love With You" and (particularly) the chances of *me* ever getting watery-eyed while listening to it sung by *anyone* were way (way!) lower than zero, but....well, it's a good thing Dave wasn't home by the time I hit the end of the CD or I'd have gotten his shirt collar soggy.... (What's happening to me...!?)

I haven't read any of the critics, but I'll see if I can figure out some way to respond. (Is there any way to post back to those things without exposing your e-mail address to the spam people? Maybe the trick is picking up a temporary e-mail address somehow... If anyone has any advice here, I'll take it.)

Meanwhile, Arlo -- Thanks for a wonderful new CD!

Kate M. (now a virgin by someone's standards, I noticed)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:12 pm

Right now there are only two reviews up on amazon. I'm sure a few more wouldn't hurt. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:06 am

ArloNetizen

Arlo...This is the review I just wrote & posted at Amazon.com I sure hope it helps!

I was in Lexington KY, March 10th 2006, 3rd row center. We sat in amazement as we witnessed the recording of this live CD! It was truly a magical night, to be unequaled, or so I thought! Today I listened for the first time, to Arlo's new CD "In Times Like These".
It was as if I was transported back in time to that magical night! This recording is well worth the wait. Now everyone can experience the magic that is "Arlo", focused, well oiled, sleeves rolled up (literally!) & on a mission!! And friends, I'm most happy to say, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! This CD exceeds all expectations. The intensity Arlo performed with that night comes through with chrystal clairity!
The "University of Kentucky Symphony Orchestra" under the direction of John Nardolillo, is the perfect frame for the masterpiece they created with Arlo that night. At first, I missed the familiar "ramblings" of Arlo between songs on this CD. But I soon realized that this CD was to stand alone, souly on musical mastery that came togeather that night.....And friends, it does...Mr. Guthrie, for that, we thank you.......Michael K. Frazier

MKF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:01 am

ArloNetizen

Oh Yea!....We'll be in Cleveland this Sat. night, the 21st to hear you launch the SOLO tour at Cain Park! We'll be right up front! See ya there!!...Mike & Ronda

MKF