Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:36 am

The Folkslinger

Our great friend, and merch girl for the past few years is leaving for a real job. We are looking for a local gal who is free to travel during October - November and do sales at our gigs (local means within a 45 minute drive from our office in western Massachusetts).

If you or someone you know is over 21, can count to a four digit number without using a calculator, has organizational skills, drama-free, does not require high maintenance attention, laughs at my jokes, can find something to eat in most restaurants, and can dress appropriately for everything between a woodshed and a gig at Carnegie Hall, this might be just the way to spend 2 months on the road. This is really a gig for someone who does not yet have a life, is problem-free, young, good-looking and independently wealthy.

I don't really expect that this will get to anyone who will be able to replace a dear friend, but if this internet stuff is going to be worth anything, I thought I'd give it a shot.

We leave The Berkshires Oct. 10 and will return end of November. Only two major rules for crew apply: 1) Better never than late, and 2) if you can't carry it for more than a mile, don't bring it.

eMail: info@risingsonrecords.com

My daughters (who run the business part of what we do) will be happy to talk with anyone actually interested. Sorry if this had to go out to so many people who are so far from here, but you never know who has friends or relatives in the area.

All the Best!
Arlo Guthrie

PS... Please don't reply to me personally as I don't actually hire anyone. I just play and sing and watch the world go by. I thought I'd give the girls a hand finding someone who actually enjoys what we do out there, assuming this would be a good place to start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:34 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

*L*

If I were 60 years younger, I'd apply. Then this could be a retirement gig for someone who will look like a Shar-Pei dog and like she's listened to Arlo music for 50 years straight.

Put it in Monster?

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:25 am

The Folkslinger

We've got ourselves a new merch mama... More to follow. We'll have to see how long she lasts (some don't), before we celebrate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Yes I met her on Friday night, she seems very cool.... I think she will be a lifer :D ...I would have loved to have the merch job if it was permanent but I don't think I would be qualified because I don't have the proper requirements except for moi not having a life, infact I need a new life...Calgon take me away! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:10 am

Arlo Fanatic

Congrats on the new merch mama. Hope she works out... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:57 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Nice. Just tell me when the celebration is and I'll bring a covered dish and a six-pack.(Guinness or Boddingtons of course, depending on the season)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:16 pm

Arlo Fanatic

So.........did she run away yet or can we start planning the celebration? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:06 pm

Well, as long as she's "problem-free, young, good-looking".

Good thing I love yer music, Arlo, since I'm none of the above and might otherwise take offense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:33 am

Arlo Fanatic

I stopped and said hello on Wednesday night. She's very nice, and says she's enjoying herself. SO I imagine she'll stick around.