Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:14 am

The Folkslinger

There is no information. There is only the whispering quiet of the Floridian breezes blowing across the EPCOT sky. The Guthrie Family Mountaineers are out by the pool of some nearby last resort and spa. I'm wondering what the connection is between the words spa and spaghetti... All posts without the word spa or spaghetti regarding the former news have been intentionally deleted. Pictures coming soon...

adg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:38 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Realizing what I had said from my recent post may have caused some concerns. Hope that this was not the case but in any event I hope you and the mountaineers have a wonderful time especially figuring out the significance between the difference between spa and spaghetti. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:57 am

Arlo Fanatic

Yeah....me too! Hope it wasn't something I said. Anyway, thanks adg, now myself and plenty of my fellow blunderheads will be working on the spa/spaghetti link till we figure it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:07 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Larry wrote:
Yeah....me too! Hope it wasn't something I said. Anyway, thanks adg, now myself and plenty of my fellow blunderheads will be working on the spa/spaghetti link till we figure it out.

..and so far all I can think of is at least five words in between the two. But is there any significance between the two? I think that the most significant word between the two would have to be space. Man.. you are right Larry this could turn out to be a very deep subject. :)
-Eric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:37 pm

Arlo Fanatic

What if you were to fill a hot tub full of marinara sauce? nah....that ain't it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:09 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Larry wrote:
What if you were to fill a hot tub full of marinara sauce? nah....that ain't it.

nah your're right that aint it. What about some kind of clam sauce to fill the hot tub. Nah..this can't be it either because clam sauce serves best with languini.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:26 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I don't know for sure, but I may have figured it out. It may be that "spa" and "spaghetti" are really just the same thing on different scales. Now my Italian isn't really too good, but I think adding the suffix "etti" to something means it's the same thing only smaller.( I guess the "h" is silent) So it follows that spaghetti is a spa for Munchkins.I'm sure those Lollypop Guild guys need to burn a few calories. Unless of course it has something to do with those big floating noodles you see in pools these days.
Where the hell is Irv when you need him?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I hear there's protein in wheat, so that would make spaghetti a health food, and health food is totally served at a spa. Spaghetti would probably appeal to most of the younger mountaineers more than eggplant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:57 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I've spent the past 3 weeks at Hot Springs, Arkansas at my daughter's home. Hot Springs is known as the Spa City. There are about 6 Bath Houses in the historic district, but I don't think they serve spaghetti or eggplant. There are mountains here, but only little Arkansas mountains. Still, the Mountaineers might like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:46 am

Arlo Fanatic

Darn!!! I should have said "If I was in THAT Sunshine State instead of THIS Sunshine State, sitting in my Spa (in my dreams) eating Spagetti, I would be there.
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:22 am

Arlo Fanatic

Man, sounds like I missed something earlier. Maybe it's a spaghetti spa lol...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:49 am

Arlo Fanatic

So ... Epcot, coincidentally (?) shaped like a giant egg of sorts is really a temple dedicated to the Flying Spa-Spaghetti Monster??? ... we draw nearer to understanding the Great Mystery, thanks to the brave Mountaineers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:46 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Speaking of monsters! Anybody remember cousin It from the Addams Family? I wonder if his hair was made out of spaghetti? If it was, would he avoid going to a spa to keep his hair from becoming too soggy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:27 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Ceashel wrote:
So ... Epcot, coincidentally (?) shaped like a giant egg of sorts is really a temple dedicated to the Flying Spa-Spaghetti Monster??? ... we draw nearer to understanding the Great Mystery, thanks to the brave Mountaineers!

I never even considered a link to pasta based supreme beings, but perhaps you're on to something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:49 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

yeah, cheryl i have a cousin it key chain thingy... the hair is skinny elastic strings...lots of 'em.... but spaghetti would work well... 'cept in my pocket...

clueless where this thread came from.... but thats okay...
i'm gonna miss playing spades in space though... :roll: