Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I just got a mental picture of Arlo at a big Republican convention somewhere, and it's in the wee hours after all the celebrating, hoopla, noise, balloons, and confetti are done with and all the delegates have left. Some official-looking waspish (of course) gent sees Arlo, and says, "Say, kid, how about taking out all this garbage?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

In the Saturday morning cartoon version, Arlo, dressed in smart leathers is racing down the mountain on his jet bike with Sarah Palin in a side car sighting on Dick Cheney above in a helicopter sighting on Arlo who is singing "I just want some Dickel". Just as they squeeze, Arlo rounds the curve and hits the button that cuts the side car loose sending it careening out into space where it collides with the helicopter throwing Palin into the Dickster's surprised embrace. As the camera pulls back, they look longingly at each other just as the helicopter explodes and we see the Folkslinger accelerating away laughing just before the chorus comes around again and the tag on his bike rotates to reveal the words "Clams Rule!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

All this got me to wondering how the James Bond theme song would sound on a 12 string....... :?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Not as good as The Avengers theme. A 12-string subbing for the Tele/Strat washed in deep reverb in the Bond theme is just more. On the other hand....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc17zmeMlSI

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:44 pm

BlunderVirgin

Summer !! well its 50 up here.
Our goverment has let us down many times, and they will continue until we get the right people voted in. The past administrations sent a large number of our manufacturing operations over seas. So they can make goods at cheap costs. Humm cheap goods, cheap cost, shoddy workmanship. There was a time when Made In USA was the upmost value and quality products.
Back in Eisenhower times the borders of our country were monitored and if you came in you were inspected, dejected and ejected if you did'nt meet the requirements. Now days it seems anyone can come in if they are a student or have a job prospect. Not to say we should reject everyone, because none of us came form here.
Arlo makes a fine point that goverment needs to keep out of our house and bedrooms. However we do need federal laws to stop the insane insurance industry from being able to deny us medical care. Perhaps Obama should recruit Hillary to continue the proposed National Medical Plan she tried to get into law many years ago. Under current federal medical plans the doctors are paid little, and limited on what procedures and medicines they can prescribe. There has to be a way that in this great country that all can receive equal and quality medical care.
America needs to step back from supporting other nations and take care of itself for a while and when the USA is again #1 in health and industry perhaps go back to some foreign aid, but stop bailing out other country's that turn around and want to kill us.

Peace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Just my opinion, but I figure if you're going to change something that's so far gone that even a life-long Republican friend of mine (yeah, I've got a few of 'em!) says that his party was stolen, you're going to have to either vote 'em out or run for office. If you go for the latter prepare to be like a cow in a slaughterhouse, but at least you may be able to make enough noise to get people to start noticing something. Just being a party member of either of the big two (I combine them into the "Republic-Rats Party") won't do much unless you're famous (which will leave a lot of folks thinking, "WTF!??").

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:37 am

The Folkslinger

Larry - You're an intuitive... wait and see!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:12 am

Arlo Fanatic

I always thought Larry was intuitive.......and sometimes he gets these feelings about things before they even happen...... :?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:42 am

Arlo Fanatic

Ok....I'm waiting. And my intuitive powers tell me I ain't alone! I'm just hoping it ain't gunna be like a 32 cents kinda wait. :) :?
Hmmmmmmmm......the 12 string? I don't know.....my intuitive powers seem to have stopped short of clairvoyence.

Chris Rock noted some time back how the world was changing in ways he never dreamed. The tallest basketball player was Chinese, the best golfer was black, the best rap artist was white....I suppose he could update that routine to include that Arlo Guthrie is a republican. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:52 am

Arlo Fanatic

nortonkevin wrote:
I always thought Larry was intuitive.......and sometimes he gets these feelings about things before they even happen...... :?

I dunno Kev........sometimes I don't even know about shit even after it happens. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:24 am

Arlo Fanatic

That happens to me too Larry.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:52 am

Arlo Fanatic

After meditating in the cone of silence, my intuitive powers suggest to me that adg is updating the lyrics of Johnny River's "Secret Agent Man" to tell the story of his infiltrating the republican party.That riff might sound cool....if not strange....on a 12 string. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:23 am

Arlo Fanatic

A tasty and irresistible morsel for 12-string conspiracy theorists...... :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:58 am

Arlo Fanatic

nortonkevin wrote:
A tasty and irresistible morsel for 12-string conspiracy theorists...... :shock:

I'm sure they are out there too. They probably hang out with the "birthers".

adg hanging this carrott out there reminds of of that age old question:
"How do you keep a jackass in suspense for a week"?

answer: " I'll tell you next week".
:D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

The Johnny Rivers riff sounds excellent on a 12-string, Larry. Done that.

adg may be talking about the martini.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.