Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I get it, Arlo. You'll be the speck of sand in the Republican Party that produces a pearl. We'll be awaitng your "insider reports" from the meetings; don't forget to take good notes with your "cub reporter" pencil.

mikey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:55 pm

BlunderVirgin

Arlo, can you come to Croatia for a while? :D
Or lend me your red VW microbus?
Cause it seems to me that Croatian government is just a big pile of garbage... :mrgreen:

Marina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:

" Everyone with the party moves as it falls - except the last guy! They can fall around him to the left or to the right, but the last guy just stands there. My clever plan is to be that guy!"

adg cleverly pointed out many years ago in "The Pause of Mr. Clause" just how much attention is given to "The last guy"......."miles of tape......'cuz there's alot of questions......". Frankly, I'm surprised the triangle didn't just spontaneously combust when it became aware of his membership. Maybe we should ALL join the Republican party; that would drive the right/left crazies even crazier. I mean, I MEAN, can you imagine a thousand Democrats and Independents a day walkin' into election offices all across America and registering Republican??? They might think it's some kind of MOVEMENT...... :shock:

Alexis de Tocqueville wrote:

"The last thing a political party gives up is its vocabulary. This is because, in party politics as in other matters, it is the crowd who dictates the language, and the crowd relinquishes the ideas it has been given more readily than the words it has learned." :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I remember my High School Geomotry teacher( Mr. Nixon of all things.....while his namesake was still in the Whitehouse) always gleefully reminding us that the triangle was the strongest shape. And I mean often and gleefully......I guess math teachers don't get out much.
Anyway, I think the concept holds true for pyramids and engineering in general. I think there is a noteable exception for love triangles. As far as political party triangles.......I'm really not sure.
As for the republican party in particular, it's hard for me to see how a party consisting MOSTLY of squares could ever be a triangle........unless of course it was bisected at the proper angle. :?
I mean ending up as the last guy in a political party triangle would make the last guy a party of one, would it not? I suppose that may make the convention of that party more productive, but would also make fund raising a bitch.
I mean I know of guys that have been the last guy in a pyramid. Bernie Madoff for one. Now he has traded his triangle for a cube.
King Tut for another. I mean he was the last guy in his triangle, and just as he was getting comfortable, some asshole dug him up after 4000 years. I'm not sure it's good to be the last guy in the triangle.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Ok...sorry. If some of us were not nuts, we would be crazy, and if we were not weird, we would be normal. I'm trying not to let those things happen, at least in my case. To temper the serious with the weird and obtuse and season it with fuzzy logic makes life more worth living....donch'a think? :?

Ok then! Back to solving the world's problems! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Quote:
I think there is a noteable exception for love triangles.

It depends. It leaves a lasting impression.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Quote:
Someone within the Republican Party has to start speaking up about the crazies at the base.

Most of us are worried about the crazies at the top.

Arlo, it's a politics of fear over faith from both sides. They use the issues to write big poems around our lives the same way I embed images in video to build contexts into songs. It doesn't have to be one big plan. It's a lot of game books for people, causes, goals, agendas, bra. Together, it's manipulation. Big money players are screwing with out lives. Anyone who says you are crazy for noticing that is crazy. Heck, it's what mumblers do too, they just sing about it instead of yelling.

I'm too jaded to know crazy when I see it anymore. I know evil. That's not a knowing of facts but a feeling based on the way they stand, they reply, their eyes blink and their noses twitch. Evil smells.

A party that takes us to a first strike war for their own private ends is as evil as a party can get. It has made the false consensus the strategy by moving one step at a time from the unthinkable to the thinkable. In the long run, you can't cheat an honest man. The people have to want it if only briefly and Osama bin Ladin did exactly what would make people want it.

Selah.

As I understand the link you sent, the scenario is that a criminal organization has covertly gained control of the World Health Organization in order to use a pandemic of a secretly bio-genetically engineered variant of swine flu anti-virals as a pretext for introducing a contaminated batch into the US population in order to kill a signficant number of the population to enable a coup by international governments and agencies including China and the UN over the government of the United States. Yes?

Ok. Some events to watch:

The US has just begun the testing of the new vaccine on test volunteers to determine if one or two shots will be needed as well as any other side effects.

Are these test results matched against the results of the state toxicology department examinations for distribution within the local health networks? The state networks are functionally autonomous. The head of it will be a state epidimiologist responsible for reports on all health cases in the state. Before a innoculation effort can be initiated, they have to approve it. Before a health alert can be issued, they have to approve it.

Before a mass poisoning at that scale occurs, they have to be in on it. And not just them, a long food chain of data handlers as werll. Possible, but improbable. Too many people have to be in on it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Larry wrote:

"Ok...sorry. If some of us were not nuts, we would be crazy, and if we were not weird, we would be normal. I'm trying not to let those things happen, at least in my case. To temper the serious with the weird and obtuse and season it with fuzzy logic makes life more worth living....donch'a think?

Ok then! Back to solving the world's problems!"

Sometimes things are better when they're turned upside down, right Louise? Only those who attempt the absurd will ever have a chance of achieving the impossible :?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:58 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Hi Arlo,

I get the Republican thing. Not my own choice, but I think you are right that there's an opportunity there and I wish you the best with it. I'm curious about any specific plans you have, if you care to share -- sounds like maybe wait, like the bunnies, till you outnumber 'em? ;-)

The early morning post and link, though -- to be completely blunt -- were fairly baffling, at least to me. You ended by saying, "This isn't a hoax." But there are a lot of statements on that website and in the linked documents -- did you have something specific in mind? I ask because I do agree with you that we all need to educate ourselves, but the allegations being made by Dr. Mercola and the journalist he is citing (Jane Burgermeister) are pretty far-reaching. I have bits of both Mulder and Scully in me, so I'd say I'm generally willing to consider the possibility of broad conspiracies, but the broader they get (especially when the Illuminati and descendants are said to be involved), the more my internal BS detector gets my eyes rolling. So when I started looking more closely at their statements and at the underlying evidence, well, my tentative conclusion is that it's a mishmash of a few solid points combined with lots of innuendo and unsupported conclusions. There is a lot there, and I was not able to get through all of it, but here's my rundown so far:

1. The basic allegation about Baxter contaminating a vaccine are well-done, generally -- these start on page 53 of the "evidence" document to which the website links (http://wakenews.net/Microsoft_Word__Cri ... _v2_1_.pdf). Of course, it helps when the company involved is the one that first reports it (as the documents say, and as do the few news articles out there on this), so there isn't really any controversy over whether it happened. But there's no evidence for the leap from they did it to they did it intentionally as part of a broad conspiracy, rather than out of incompetence, just a lot of bald statements without any backing. She puts together a story which *might* explain what's going on, but Baxter basically claims incompetence, which also *might* explain what happened. (Personally, I find it easier to buy incompetence since my life experience tells me there's a lot more incompetence out there than there is intentional evil.) And she undermines her case with speculative statements that just made me shake my head. How does she connect Obama and Baxter? Well, they're both from Illinois and Baxter makes contributions to political parties. (Page 62.) I'm just amazed there is no mention of Rod Blagoyevich (sp?). And, ultimately, I keep coming back to the fact that Baxter did report it themselves...why would they do that if the contamination was intentional and part of a big conspiracy? I would vote for revoking Baxter's corporate charter and putting them out of business, and I'm glad there seems to be some investigation going on, but that's as far as I'm willing to go at the moment.

2. More extensive discussion of Obama's role in the conspiracy starts on page 49. The "evidence" against him consists of statements that he was in Mexico City when the first swine flu case was reported, that an archaeologist he met during the trip died with "flu-like symptoms" (actually, news reports said the archaeologist died of a pre-existing heart condition), that a "Federal agent" who accompanied Obama came down with the flu, and Obama did not. And, oh yes, he hasn't proven that he's a citizen. So, Obama the non-citizen went to Mexico City to release the flu virus personally and get the pandemic underway. If you or I were accused of conspiring to commit mass murder based on this flimsy evidence, we'd be outraged. And whatever one might think about Obama, he's not an idiot and he's got flunkies who could do this for him.

3. I also looked at Burgermeister's blog for the latest information she has -- it's at http://birdflu666.wordpress.com/ -- but it didn't exactly lead me to have any trust in her competence. The most recent post is one in which I *think* she is trying to show links between the Rockefellers and WHO and the conspiracy, and she starts out by saying, "Senate bill S. 666, the Biological, Chemical, and Radiological Weapons Countermeasures Research Act of 2003, gave incentives to private industry in the USA to conduct research into bioweapons, allegedly to fill gaps in the US biodefense procurement programs. John Rockefeller was on a key Senate finance committee reviewing the bill which channelled amounts of government money into private biotechnology, pharmaceutical companies such as Baxter in order to develop bioweapons. The Lieberman-Hatch bill S. 666 introduced incentives for companies to detect and weaponise viruses and also find “diagnostics” against viruses. The Rockefeller family is also one of the biggest sponsors of WHO." Except, according to THOMAS (http://thomas.loc.gov/bss/d108query.html), S.666 never passed. It was introduced by Lieberman and Hatch (no other co-sponsors) and it was referred to 3 committees (Finance; Judiciary; Health, Education, Labor and Pensions) -- that's not unusual -- and it just died there. The other two committees apparently did hold a hearing, but Finance did not, so her point, whatever it is, is pointless. (You can doublecheck my research by going to THOMAS and entering "S.666" on the search line (search by "bill number" by clicking the drop-down menu under "Enter Search").

There's a lot more in the blog, website, and evidence document, and I'd encourage anyone interested to take one of the allegations and look beneath its surface and report back here (so I don't have to do all the work myself :-)).

I also want to mention that in my "travels" on this issue, I came across a blog (yes, a blog), which was both interesting and non-sensationalist on the subject of the flu. The writers are literate, engage with the commenters, and provide a lot of thoughtful pieces. It's called "Effect Measure" and is at http://scienceblogs.com/effectmeasure/ ; it's worth checking out. There also is a reporter, Helen Branswell, who is cited in Burgermeister's evidence and who has produced some interesting pieces in Canadian papers. She tweets at http://twitter.com/CP_Branswell .

Eileen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:01 am

The Folkslinger

Wow a lot to read, and yeah some of what I've read seems pretty over the edge.... But, there's usually a little but of reality behind every conspiracy theorist and the question really becomes 'Is any of this stuff real?' Seems like a lot to wade through just to get to the reality part here. And if Mercola were the only one with similar warnings I would not have even brought it up. However, he's not the only one. Without exception every doc in the alternative world I have personally spoken with has grave concerns about their ability to continue to keep their doors open to the public.

Dentists, for example, who publicly denounced the use of fluoride have lost their licenses to practice, oncologists similarly have been threatened because of their unwillingness to continue providing chemo, radiation and/or surgery when other natural treatments have proven to be successful. (check Doug Kauffman's website - Know The Cause) In fact, it seems that it is virtually impossible to find a peer-reviewed study on cancer treatments that compare modern methods (chemo, radiation etc.) to natural traditional medicines (non-toxic non-invasive etc.). The only study approaching it is a Canadian study that compares chemo, radiation and surgery to doing nothing. (The AMA and others won't allow these studies)

Another example is the continued promotion (TV and everywhere) by doctors and news media of mammography - they're telling us that if will help detect breast cancer and therefore reduce the chances of having it go undetected. True so far as it goes, but what they don't tell you is that women who get mammograms are 6 times more likely to get breast cancer than woman who don't. In other words, there is certifiable evidence in studies that show that mammograms cause breast cancer. Yet, even yesterday the president was pushing the health care plan by advertising how much easier it would be to get more women tested.

Is there a conspiracy here, any connection between the dots, or just random events seemingly unrelated? And these are only a few things. There's lots more. But, I'm trying to keep it short :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:55 am

The Folkslinger

A Little Post Script:

A discussion with healthy people is one thing, getting actual help for health is another. I'm constantly reminded that not everyone here is actually in great health to begin with, so some of this discussion can appear to be a distraction rather than a discussion.

There's some really good places on the web (thank you internet) to find out some good stuff that can actually help you get healthy - no matter if modern doctors have written you off, or insurance plans have given you up for dead.

If I were in need of valuable information I'd begin with http://www.westonaprice.org/ these guys. Good reading.

Also, my own doc has recently got a website up and runnning, and there's some valuable info for the public there also. http://www.tennantinstitute.com/TIIM_MAC/Welcome.html Also good reading. In fact it's educational! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:24 am

Arlo Fanatic

As it turns out, I have an appointment with my Doc this morning......with all this info it'll probably be a long one. Thanks Arlo :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:54 am

Arlo Fanatic

If you run for President, you will get my vote hon... :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:24 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Call me a liberal call me what ever you want it's OK but my take on the bail outs and the health care issue is this. In regards to the bail out issue of the banks it is my thinking that deregulation opened up the flood gates to greed with mortgage brokers putting pressure on folks who have no working knowledge of how loans work and the legalalities of financing forcing average folks into variable loans they really should not have been put into. In fact variable loans should be against the law. Variable loans are a trap that in the situation of high inflation can ruin lives. By the way it is my feeling that both the Dems and republican parties are to blame for deregulation.
The health care issue. Well... I will agree with most that there are some issues with the idea of public health care but in the long run I think that having the "option" of public health care is a good idea but not something that should be rushed through congress. This should really be thought out carefully. I have no problem paying taxes for programs that work but I do have a problem paying taxes for programs that don't work and people abuse. So in short if the government can come up with a plan that is rock solid that protects my family and there are no copays and cannot be abused then I will support the move to public health care. But if the government rushes into putting together a system that is broken from the start then I can't support the move. I look at it this way. Having public health care shouold save small buisnesses money and weather I pay the government or the vultures that I have for an insurance company now makes no difference. Someone is going to be taking money from me anyways... Right or wrong that's my 2 cents... :)
-Eric

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:12 am

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks for the links, Arlo. As one with "conditions", help is grace.

Is there a single thread in all of those hints and allegations that float through the web like seaweed? Probably. Here's one.

Big social networks form of transactions which become self-sustaining. As my oncologist recommends me to the physicians who treat my cancer, they also pass me from one machine to the next. Each machine spits out papers, schedules, reports, prescriptions, yadda. Each machine has many hands on it and those hands are of persons who are paid to tend that machine. Without doubt, there is social network pressure to keep that machine running. It's fuel is patients with cancer. It's services are drugs, samples (MRI hardwared), paper and hands. The patient believes they are purchasing health.

The same is true of alternative services. It's a machine too of the same kind. It sells different drugs, paper and hands.

The difference is the big pharmas don't play here. It's like pot as medicine. There is no intellectual property money in that.

Most systems have a component in the design that if changed out or dialed down produces a systemic effect and in some cases, an evolutionary one. Dial down the intellectual property profits from world wide drug sales and costs of medical scans. See what happens to the churn and burn.

I do know this: without the Blue Cross - Blue Shield card, I'd be fucked right now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.