Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:34 am

Arlo Fanatic

As long as he doesn't appear on Oprah...... :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:52 am

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:
Then it's gotta be the lyrics.

and then there is the backmasking!

(screams)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:34 am

Arlo Fanatic

nortonkevin wrote:
As long as he doesn't appear on Oprah...... :shock:

And perhaps get introduced by David Letterman on Oprah when Uma Thurman happens to also be a guest?
"Oprah, Arlo.- Arlo, Oprah. -Uma, Arlo.- Arlo. Uma.- Oprah, Uma. -Uma, Oprah.....
:?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:00 am

Arlo Fanatic

Gee! Maybe you could use the same method to infiltrate the KKK? Infiltrate and squeeze out all of the bigoted, racist, self-absorbed, religious right monotheists with fair-minded moderates! Uh, wait a minute. The former describes most Republicans, too! Maybe to the tune of "The Twilight Zone" theme is more appropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:57 am

Arlo Fanatic

Quote:
Arlo seems to be saying he can only go where he's invited

My interpretation is that is his rule; he/they will only go where he/they are invited. Somewhere on the Rising Son site as I recall is an email where a venue can do exactly that.

It would be great to get him here in Huntsville. We're up to our armpits in Republicans. :(

For some, Palin angst is real. For others, a zany. American politics, at least, are full of characters.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:10 am

Arlo Fanatic

I mean infiltration has been a strategic and tactical tool for years! I mean it can be dangerous since spys are often shot, and there is the threat of "The Stockholm Syndrom"( Normally related to kidnapping).
But I mean ya gotta fight fire with fire, and I have seen republicans at Arlo shows even! :shock: They have infiltrated us! And I just recently learned that one of them was even on stage......even if he was in disguise and undercover! :shock:

I will say that I don't fear that The Stockholm Syndrom would be a threat to Arlo, as much as he may deny it, he's too smart to let that happen. But sometimes a stronger mind can have an uncanny effect on a weak one.
For example, once in the Bush whitehouse, one of dubya's aides showed him an example of a strong mind controling a weak one.
The aide had a caged canary that he was making intense eye contact with, and after a few minutes he had the bird mesmerized and the bird would do what this guy wanted. For example, after this mind control was attained, the aide would lift his right arm, and the bird would raise it's right wing......stuff like that.
Dubya said " hey, let me try!" So, dubya commenced to engage in intense eye contact with the bird. After about 5 minutes dubya started chirping and craving worms.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

The outrageous thought would be there is an Arlo concert attended by equal numbers of evangelical republicans and enlightened blunderites where everyone discovered they got along fine and even had a great time listening, eating and sneaking off to the woods to play jazz. That would be weird and wonderful.

Some say Arlo has fans. Some say Arlo has friends. Some say Arlo has a flock. Labels. If he's playing, I'm staying.

Johnny Rivers recently cleared out his Facebook followers when he said his page and he were about music and the political posts to his page had to go elsewhere. Not exactly moderate but I get his point. In my own personal experience, mixing them live can be bad juju. Arlo tells funny stories and then on the drive home, the conversations do the rest. It's a gentle art.

So if there is to be a republican provocateur, better Arlo than Sarah. I just want to be there to watch if they show up at the same picnic. Between his stories and her poetry, I'd have to sneak off to the woods with Bill Shatner and practice.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:37 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Len, you are both verbose and opinionated. I fear that you may be recruited by the republicans owing to those qualities. However after they find out that you are verbose, opinionated AND insightful, intelligent with a well developed sense of justice, you may be disqualified from membership. Kinda makes one wonder how Arlo got in.......huh? :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Oh....what a horrid thought popped into my head after reading what I wrote about Len. I guess I'm one of my own biggest influences.
I envision Rush Limbaugh dressed as Darth Vader beckoning to len saying something like" Len, I am your father, come join me in the dark side, and as father and son we will rule the universe".
Will Rush Vader try and recruit Arlo next?
Can len resist the allure of the darkside?
Can len perhaps turn Rush Vader away from the darkside.....perhaps luring him with a truckload of oxycotin?
Will Sarah Palin make a throw rug out of Chewbacca?
Will Chewbacca make a meal out of Sarah Palin?
Since Barack Obama does sound kinda like a Star Wars name, where does he fit in?
Oh gosh! Somebody call George Lucas! I got an Idea for "Star Wars-Episode 7- Attack of the Palindrones"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Quote:
Len, you are both verbose and opinionated.

Guilty. You forgot "cheap".

Quote:
Kinda makes one wonder how Arlo got in

He isn't cheap. Look at that expensive shirt he's worn to every gig for a year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

No no no, say it isn't so.......not the Palindrones again :twisted: Scarry Larry. In general I am fond of circular things and cyclical things but this kind of deja vu.......no no no!!! I think I'll go back to reading "Mooses Come Walking".......I've been trying to get through it now for about a month and I'm almost done.......Just a few pages left :?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I AM a world ruler

http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/11/20/Tribal

and Humble. :roll: but not a fan of electric ukes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:31 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Ok, I think I've figured it out.
The general rule is that:
When some of those that may lean more to the left are serious they sometimes GET silly.
When some of those that may lean more to the right are serious they sometimes ARE silly.
I think this means I'm a moderate by the way.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:23 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Quote:
I think this means I'm a moderate by the way.

A moderator certainly. And Green! :mrgreen:

The waitress asked which sides I'd take with my order. I told her top and left.

Kadump!

Perhaps my boot heels should be a wanderin'. If they're already talking about opinionated verbosity, the jig is up. Maybe the Helen Reddy list will take me back.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:56 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Larry wrote:

"I think this means I'm a moderate by the way."

Are we talkin moderately moderate or fanatically moderate? That's what makes agnostics so charming to me. They're "unsure".......even a fundamentalist agnostic is merely fundamentally unsure......you will never hear an agnostic say, "I'm not sure about this, and I'm willing to kill you and me and everybody to defend my uncertainty". :?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.