Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Re: Checking In
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
fitzy wrote:
We are ALL disappointed that Arlo can't perform at the church this year. It is NOT the end of Arlo's church shows forever!

And it if people ONLY joined the church in order to get advanced notice of Arlo's shows there, then that is unfortunate. They really should check out what the church does...while we all love Arlo, the church is called the Woody and Marjorie Guthrie Center for reason...it is NOT all about Arlo. The main mission of the church is to feed people and the memberships and shows help to keep that mission going.

Then it was a misinterpretation, excuse my overwhelming of his whole thread. I agree with you 100% Fitzy the activites, dinners and fundraisers are not just about Arlo, it's mostly about HD.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I would be disappointed if the Church weren't there to visit. I would be hurt if I found out the only reason the Church is open is Arlo and the family's generosity. The difference between it being a church and a local nightclub is our belief in what it represents and the works that come of that.

I don't believe Arlo will quit performing at the Church. He needs it as much as it needs him. Because it is a Church, I believe that when he does that because of his need instead of only ours, the Church works.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:39 pm

Arlo Fanatic

It didn't sound like a permanent no show on the GC fests to me. But, begging all your pardons, wouldn't it make sense if Arlo or somebody on his management team posted something about future shows instead of everybody OMG-ing and speculating worst case scenarios? What's with that, anyway?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:58 pm

ArloNetizen

Greetings All,
YES, it is disappointing that Arlo won't be doing his usual shows at the Church. But, George has outdone himself and put together a killer line-up! Others before me have expressed it better, but there are ample oppurtunities to get together as a community/family, and those who only joined the Center to get advanced notices and reduced priced tickets are totally missing the point and benefit(s). How about we all brainstorm and work with George to create more and varied oppurtunities to come together at the Church. The Guthries have given us a place, a mission, and a framework so let's see how we can keep growing it bigger and bigger!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I know that some of you people are dissepointed but think of me . I am never gonna see Arlo in my whole life :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

If you can - please consider doing a couple show's in July at the center after the Folk Festival at Tanglewood....WE WILL BE LOST W/O a show
at the center....... :cry:

Andrea Jackson :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:01 am

Senior ArloNetizen

guitarman -- maybe some of the europe dates he's talking about will bring him somewhere close to you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:58 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Yes Eileen , i do hope so :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:16 pm

ArloNetizen

PEACELOVEANDARLO wrote:
fitzy wrote:
We are ALL disappointed that Arlo can't perform at the church this year. It is NOT the end of Arlo's church shows forever!

And it if people ONLY joined the church in order to get advanced notice of Arlo's shows there, then that is unfortunate. They really should check out what the church does...while we all love Arlo, the church is called the Woody and Marjorie Guthrie Center for reason...it is NOT all about Arlo. The main mission of the church is to feed people and the memberships and shows help to keep that mission going.

Then it was a misinterpretation, excuse my overwhelming of his whole thread. I agree with you 100% Fitzy the activites, dinners and fundraisers are not just about Arlo, it's mostly about HD.

I know how much good The Guthrie Center does. Did they recently change the name to the above mentioned? The reason I ask is becausea letter from George on their stationary reads The Gutrie Center with no mention of Woody and Marjorie. I'm just curious, I'm not trying to be picky or anything.
Bob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:48 pm

ArloNetizen

[quote="len"[

It doesn't break the tradition. It means it's a whole lot bigger. As for visiting the Center, I see Sarah Lee and Johnny are booked as well as Xavier, so Larry's right about the tailgate. Maybe something warmer to get some woodwork done on that front door.[/quote]

When is Xavier scheduled to play? I didn't find them on the list. I would travel to the Center to see them.
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:22 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Bob,

When Arlo bought the church he named it for his parents...its called the Guthrie Center for short. :)

and Xavier is playing on May 16th...after Arlo's Garbage Trail Walk to Massacree HD. It is not listed on the concert schedule because it is not really a show...just the entertainment at the end of the walk. Would love to see you there!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:07 am

ArloNetizen

fitzy wrote:
Bob,

When Arlo bought the church he named it for his parents...its called the Guthrie Center for short. :)

and Xavier is playing on May 16th...after Arlo's Garbage Trail Walk to Massacree HD. It is not listed on the concert schedule because it is not really a show...just the entertainment at the end of the walk. Would love to see you there!

Fitzy, Thanks for the information.
Does Arlo usually show up for this walk? Would bicycles or motorcycles be allowed on the walk?
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

fitzy wrote:
Bob,

oh and did i mention i can't make the walk this year, because that's my son's college graduation date???
I'm tellin' ya', arlo couldn't have picked a better year (for me) to blow off his usual blunder-gathering shows...
:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:30 am

Senior ArloNetizen

jab wrote:

Does Arlo usually show up for this walk? Would bicycles or motorcycles be allowed on the walk?
Bob

Bob,

Arlo participates when he can! Bikes and motorcyles are allowed. If you plan on riding a bike you would go before the walkers and if you plan on riding a motorcycle, you would go before the VW buses. For more information and to download sponsor sheets visit the website at http://www.freewebs.com/hdwalk

and Arnie...that's a good excuse for this year, congrats!! :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:02 pm

ArloNetizen

fitzy wrote:
jab wrote:

Bob

Bob,

Arlo participates when he can! Bikes and motorcyles are allowed. If you plan on riding a bike you would go before the walkers and if you plan on riding a motorcycle, you would go before the VW buses. For more information and to download sponsor sheets visit the website at http://www.freewebs.com/hdwalk

and Arnie...that's a good excuse for this year, congrats!! :)

Fitzy,
Thank you very much for that info and the link. Health permitting, we will try to make it from Auburn,Ma.. One more question, does this go off rain or shine or is there a rain date?