Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Re: Checking In
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:45 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
I am really really really megabummed out and depressed about no more Arlo gigs at the Church. His shows really brought all of us together outside of cyberspace. This means all of us won't or hardly see or talk each other again, including Arlo we won't be chatting with him anymore :( This is like a high school graduation meaning that all off the senior class departing separate ways. I don't know what else to say I am not happy about this our family is falling apart. One more thing I can't go wearing or buying anymore outfits to wear to be impressive including my personal line of hosiery :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:50 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Wait a minute Lorie... this family is NOT falling apart! There are other options - mentioned by Ceashel and others in another thread.

Who says Arlo has to be there for us to get together? Maybe he has been the focus, but it's the love that holds us together! There are still phenomenal shows at the Church... maybe a bunch of us will get together for one of those... WoodyFest is an option, if you can travel to Oklahoma in July (I'll be there!) ... Falcon Ridge in Hillsdale NY is just after WoodyFest, and I know a number of blunderites attend... Carnegie is an option too... maybe you won't see everyone at each event, but do what you can, and you'll fiind this family flourishing - at shows, fests, and other events as well as right here in cyberland!

Love and Hugs!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Yeah you have a point Wyld, I plan on going to Tanglewood in July, maybe another show in the summer and I plan on going to Carnegie this year and yes I will run into some of the blunderfamily. I would love to go to WoodyFest but I get laid off in the summer so I cannot spare an airline ticket to fly out there.
Arlo is the focal point of his shows and we all talk to him like he is part of our family. I look up to Arlo as a grandfather figure, some as a brother, some as an uncle, or even a father figure. Besides liking his music I love his personality and charm, we consider ourselves lucky that a legendary down to earth folksinger treats his fans and us blunderites with respect and is not like any of the other musicians in the world who are snotty and their s**t don't stink towards their fans.
I enjoy being part of this family very much, we are all here for each other, love, and support one another. I hope in the future when my prince will come Arlo can perform my wedding ceremony :D
OXOX back to you Wyld! I hope to see you at Carnegie:)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:45 am

Arlo Fanatic

I know about the non-compete clause because we've had artists booked in advance for our little local Folk Club (a 70-person room) and they've cancelled because they got a better offer from the Birchmere, Not that I blame them; it's more than we pay, I'm sure, and it's better exposure for the artist.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:34 am

Arlo Fanatic

Hopefully folks will find somewhere to get together. We're all still family no matter what. And Arlo is still our Uncle Arlo. I never got to go to the church shows cuz they were too far from here in Va. And the fall ones were usually the weekend of that reunion in KY that Mike & I went to which I am now going to with his cousin & her family. I always dreamed of going to the church and seeing Arlo sing there. It would be a dream come true. Oh well in the mean time I still have shows the next 2 days. I feel Arlo brought everyone together but even when he's not around we're all still together. So whatever ya'll do to get together this yr, have fun. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:31 am

Arlo Fanatic

cheryl wrote:
It is a great show. I hope everyone who wants to gets a chance to see it.

hey!!! it is not like i didn't want to go (just missed a concert), it had to do with an ever so slight bit of unpredictability.... :)

carry on!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:38 am

Arlo Fanatic

Wyldflower wrote:
Who says Arlo has to be there for us to get together? Maybe he has been the focus, but it's the love that holds us together! There are still phenomenal shows at the Church... maybe a bunch of us will get together for one of those... WoodyFest is an option, if you can travel to Oklahoma in July (I'll be there!) ... Falcon Ridge in Hillsdale NY is just after WoodyFest, and I know a number of blunderites attend... Carnegie is an option too... maybe you won't see everyone at each event, but do what you can, and you'll fiind this family flourishing - at shows, fests, and other events as well as right here in cyberland!

Wyld's right. She and I had a 3-1/2 day blunder in northern Colorado last April, and Arlo was only the catalyst, 1/6 of our time together! While he was "the reason" for the road trip, Wyld and I had a great time without him.

Of course, there's always Pampa in October also. I went there once; a tiny town with a few people celebrating the lives of Woody and Arlo. Maybe if we all descend on the town it'll grow to become a true blunder!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:42 pm

ArloNetizen

Hi All,
Maybe I missed a post, but where does it say that Arlo will not be performing ever again at the GC? I thought his announcement was that he will not be at the GC this year. Hopefully next year and years thereafter he will be back. If he stops appearing at the GC, I'm afraid some of the members may cease to be members as I have talked to several that only were members to help in getting advance notice of tickets to his shows.
regards, Bob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

From what I understand the way Arlo worded it. It sounded like he was not anymore Revival shows, unless I misinterprid it. I hear two different stories now, which is it?..I'm confused :?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:09 am

Arlo Fanatic

jab wrote:
If he stops appearing at the GC, I'm afraid some of the members may cease to be members as I have talked to several that only were members to help in getting advance notice of tickets to his shows.
regards, Bob
With all due respect, I hope that's a misinterpretation. The friends I have made through the Church are members because they believe in what it's all about and will continue to be members. And look forward to the next time a Revived Revival (thanks, Arnie) rolls around on the git-ar again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:54 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I thought he (Arlo) was just saying he can't do the usual shows at the GC because he'll be touring in Europe at the time and that's just this year. Unless, of course, they like him so much that he ends up going back next year and the next and the next, and then just moves there because he's tired of the American political system.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:15 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I think like Eileen, it’s just for this year,.... although we like Arlo very much, so….. :)

The gig at the Church seems to be a very great moment and I understand that you are disappointed this year. I'd like one day, to go over there and meet you all, but it’s really far, …...perhaps one day, I hope.
For us, here, it’s so great to know that Arlo will be touring in Europe during summer.I’m looking forward to seeing the schedule, maybe there will be a gig not too far, and maybe I’ll also meet some Blunderites ? :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

We are ALL disappointed that Arlo can't perform at the church this year. It is NOT the end of Arlo's church shows forever!

And it if people ONLY joined the church in order to get advanced notice of Arlo's shows there, then that is unfortunate. They really should check out what the church does...while we all love Arlo, the church is called the Woody and Marjorie Guthrie Center for reason...it is NOT all about Arlo. The main mission of the church is to feed people and the memberships and shows help to keep that mission going.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:14 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Yeah Cecile , i am in the same position as you are . :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Yes, the church needs the support even when he isn't singing there... :)