Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:04 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Larry wrote:
Wyldflower wrote:
nortonkevin wrote:
P.S. :

Thanksgiving is a 'movable feast" that falls on a different calendar date each year. In the US, it's the fourth Thursday of November, which means it falls anywhere from the 22nd to the 28th.

It's a moveable feast/holiday because they keep trying to hide it from us, but we keep finding it anyway.
It became moveable during the Nixon years, because Nixon was pissed off that a bunch of pot smoking ,draft card burning, peace loving ,littering hippies had claimed ownership of the holiday.
This is my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Nixon wuz jealous of the air cooled roomy cost effective red VW van. Every movable feast needs a VW to move in. Nixon on the other hand was stuck in that jet black land yacht with tinted bullet proof windows for cause that he didn't even own and couldn't spill gravy on the leather seats.

And that's the Truth.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:37 pm

ArloNetizen

Thanks for all your responses. Have to admit that my knowledge of Thanksgiving has always been based on Alice's Restaurant...

365 days a year sounds good to me!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

You will find that we are a wealth of misinformation. :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Especially when there's chocolate involved

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:40 am

Arlo Fanatic

Yum, Yum. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Someone say chonklit???
:roll:

fyi
I plan to record the parade as usual, so that i can attend to the annual WWE event we hold in my kitchen... TURKEY vs. OVEN! It's a real fowl battle...
and afterwards we all relax by the glow of the video tube, watchin' Mr. Macy's parade in all its glory, pausing only at noon to listen to some radio station playin' a certain folk ballad, and singin' along when it comes around on the gi-tar...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:38 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Arnie wrote:

"I plan to record the parade as usual, so that i can attend to the annual WWE event we hold in my kitchen... TURKEY vs. OVEN! It's a real fowl battle...
and afterwards we all relax by the glow of the video tube, watchin' Mr. Macy's parade in all its glory, pausing only at noon to listen to some radio station playin' a certain folk ballad, and singin' along when it comes around on the gi-tar..."

For many years now, I have spent Thanksgiving performing a similar theme-based set of rituals. This year the tradition will be expanded to include watching our favorite native son (of the wind) participating in the big parade, as he continues to perform community service as a part of his ongoing rehabilitation. :roll: I have long since delagated the turkey to various others, as I am busy with Al, the goose. :shock: To complete the culinary theme, I prepare a unique stuffing of (giant) clams and celery (time) 8) And there are definitely lots of reasons this year to sing along, LOUD!!!, when it does come around on the gi-tar..........

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:32 pm

BlunderVirgin

Dear, Dear, Arlo,

Don't know if you even see this stuff but I just reconnected having lost my password and such.

Loved the piece on Penn and have been inspired by you forever...even sung on the same stage on Earth Day in Boston in some many years ago.

Just wanna say a big THANK YOU to you for the YEARS of perseverance and steady accompaniment of the music/poetry, your heart, your vision, your very human self and just puttin' it all out there. Saw the Family Tour a couple years ago in Keene NH (and just missed you last week!!!!!! :^( Took my oldest son then and he cried with me! He understood the family thing. We've tried to maintain that container ourselves while all goes crazy around us.

I got back on ARLONET tonight because I gave your song "When A Soldier Makes It Home" to a dear friend of the family, one of my son's classmates from the late 90's, who often stayed with us and ended up in Iraq. He's had a rough go of it with his own government and now works at a local shelter as the outreach person (no pay yet), going into the woods to bring tents, blankets, food and all. Many Vets there. It is his birthday today. It just seemed like he would really appreciate this song. We've spent quite a bit of time together lately. He questions his own sanity at times yet he is one of the most sane and real people I know.

I just felt a need to share this here because your voice and presence make such a difference and I think he will really understand and appreciate this song. thank yo Arlo. Thank you.

A blessed time of thanks to you and yours. Let us always remember on whose backs we stand to even be here to give thanks.

Have a blast at the Parade!

Peace
Rev. Bill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:43 pm

BlunderVirgin

Awesome! Have a lot of fun, Arlo! and a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Best Wishes, Joanna

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:54 am

Arlo Fanatic

Amen Rev! Our churches preacher likes Arlo and so did the churches last preacher. In fact the preacher who married Mike & I liked Arlo too... :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:06 am

Arlo Fanatic

They just announced Arlo will be on in a minute! So run to the tv. Now kids! :) See ya later. I gotta go watch tv on our (the blunderites) holiday! :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:13 am

Arlo Fanatic

i just saw the folksinger!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:19 am

Arlo Fanatic

Me too! :) He wasn't even on long enough to even know he was on. I mean it's HIS holiday so he should've gotten a whole song! I guess to hear the whole song you gotta actually be on the float. I taped it on dvd so I can watch it again. The 2 secs he was on lol. My mom was on the phone (I almost wrote folk there lol) with the neighbor and she told her all the whooping in the background was me over Arlo in the parade and did she see him. I just heard my mom a minute ago saying to my dad "Edward, did you see Arlo on the parade". I forget what my dad said. I figured out why he was only on for a minute or 2. I don't think he wanted to sing for 18 mins on some parade float lol. I knew he wouldn't do Alices. He did do This Land tho. After around 22 or more yrs you kinda know someone lol. Happy Garbage Dumping Day kids! You too Arlo! :)Noontime is Alices on the radio and then off to dinner at a cops house (my cousins daughter and her hubby cop). I promise I won't get arrested for litterin. That's Arlo's job. ;) Now back to the parade, and crocheting and knitting after this interruption for a parade report.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:20 am

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
I jusr saw Arlo too along with Sarah Lee, they both were fantasic! Such a bum that the performance was not long enough!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:23 am

Arlo and Sarah Lee, I just watched you sing, "This Land Is Your Land." Loved it! I always come out to see you whenever you come to NYC. Happy Thanksgiving!
Debbie
http://thesavvvyshopper.blogspot.com

PS: If you keep coming, so will I. Deal?