Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:42 pm

BlunderVirgin

There wasn't nearly enough time for "This Land", but I was really happy that the Freedom Highway verse made it in, and the cameras waited until that was over before they cut to the giant Kermit balloon who almost looked like he was going to attack/eat the float.

These days, seeing even just a part of a Woodie Guthrie song go out to the teeming millions is a beautiful thing, and something that I'm sincerely Thankful for today!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:44 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Yes, Virginia, there is an Arlo! Hope this becomes a Thanksgiving Day tradition, and hope Arlo, his family, and all the blunderites out there had a dinner that couldn't be beat!

P.S. My daughter, who hardly ever calls, called to give me a "two-minute warning" on Arlo at the parade. Guess they said he'd be coming up shortly or something that I missed.

mikey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:29 pm

ArloNetizen

Caught the parade on TV. Very nice.....

Too bad the camera time alloted is so short.

Don't know where you got that coat, but I really like it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:00 am

BlunderVirgin

Wyldflower wrote:
Now I have a REALLY good reason to watch the parade! I usually do anyway, and my kids think I'm nuts.

Hey Arlo... any idea yet where you'll be in the parade? Early, middle or end? (It makes a difference since you're two hours ahead of me and I generally miss the beginning. I'll have to set my alarm!)

Adding my 2 cents ...: YOU and SARAH LEE were a great reason to tune-in and to watch the Macy's parade. You were fantastic, by the way!

Thanks for reminding us to be grateful for our bountiful earth. Your singing of "This Land Is Your Land" (a Woody Guthrie classic) is etched in my memory. What a positive uplift you gave us, Arlo and Sarah Lee. We "love" you!

By the way Sarah Lee, I first met you more than a decade ago --- during one of the Nov concerts at the church.... Thanks again, Linda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:38 am

Arlo Fanatic

Amen sister. Welcome to the site! Welcome to all the new folks on here. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:44 pm

ArloNetizen

lmb215psu wrote:
Wyldflower wrote:
Now I have a REALLY good reason to watch the parade! I usually do anyway, and my kids think I'm nuts.

Hey Arlo... any idea yet where you'll be in the parade? Early, middle or end? (It makes a difference since you're two hours ahead of me and I generally miss the beginning. I'll have to set my alarm!)

Adding my 2 cents ...: YOU and SARAH LEE were a great reason to tune-in and to watch the Macy's parade. You were fantastic, by the way!

Thanks for reminding us to be grateful for our bountiful earth. Your singing of "This Land Is Your Land" (a Woody Guthrie classic) is etched in my memory. What a positive uplift you gave us, Arlo and Sarah Lee. We "love" you!

oh still haven't seen the Guthrie's at the parade - does anyone know if i can see this on the internet anywhere?? am curious as to Arlo's shirt...

greeneyes/ania

By the way Sarah Lee, I first met you more than a decade ago --- during one of the Nov concerts at the church.... Thanks again, Linda