Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:44 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Not my usual long winded spiel, just to say some of us out here are real proud of you, Arlo, for showing up to sing with the people in the street. I know the concert is a big deal, but that street video is gold. A lifetime later and you still show up.

From the other side of history, thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:34 am

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:
Not my usual long winded spiel, just to say some of us out here are real proud of you, Arlo, for showing up to sing with the people in the street. I know the concert is a big deal, but that street video is gold. A lifetime later and you still show up.

Background chorus of Woody, Pete, Lee Hays, and lots of other passionately involved folks whose names have been forgotten in the foggy mists of time and struggle: "Which side are you on, boys/Which side are you on?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

nortonkevin wrote:
len wrote:

Background chorus of Woody, Pete, Lee Hays, and lots of other passionately involved folks whose names have been forgotten in the foggy mists of time and struggle: "Which side are you on, boys/Which side are you on?"

If there were just two, that would be an easy question to answer. Ever do reading in the principles of non-linear dynamic systems? The art of emotional steering: it isn't just the left wing beating up or down with the right wing, but the curls at the tips. The butterfly can't compute that. It has to feel it. Democracy isn't logical. It is aggregate. So are emotions. It looks chaotic but if you feel it instead of trying to figure it, it has a direction, a vector.

Arlo isn't the main thing. The main thing is all of those people in the streets. They are the wings. Arlo is a force that curls the tips of the wings. He gave them hope. That is what democracy looks like. It looks like hope. Hope is a direction in the positive quadrant. Hope lifts the butterfly and moves it forward. Hope is not the wing or the wind; it is the force of entanglement. No one knows why it is or what it is. But you can feel it. That's the miracle and the mystery. It turns some faces toward each other and some toward heaven. When it does both, some call it love.

Sing a song of joy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:23 am

Arlo Fanatic

We had you and all the union brothers and sisters in our thoughts and in our hearts down in Okemah.... missed you, but glad you were doing a job that would make your father proud!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:13 pm

ArloNetizen

I enjoyed reading your blog about being in Germany with Jackie, and it started to rain, etc. You are such a good writer, Arlo...I agree that we need to have the freedom to live our lives, and not be slaves to someone else...I agree that America is about having that freedom and independence...that's what the statue of liberty stands for...and no you do not ramble on...hope you had a good birthday 10 days ago...I was thinking of you...

Karen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm

BlunderVirgin

Well said Arlo!! I am glad you had a good trip and great beer!! Love your stories, mabe someday I will get to hear some of them first hand.

Peace !!!