Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:09 pm

The Folkslinger

Dear Friends,

We thank you for all the thoughts and prayers coming our way, although we hope you will try to restrain yourselves from posting them publicly. We have no way to respond at this time.

Jackie is fighting for her life at this point. She is continually surrounded by her family. She has good days and bad days. The hospitals and doctors she has seen are trying their best to deal not only with her particular situation, but with her family as we are totally out of the box when it comes to health care.

When one of every two men, and one of every three women in America are likely to have cancer, something is terribly wrong with the way things are. Jackie has been the best advocate for rectifying that situation for years. Her posts are everywhere throughout the internet warning against vaccines, fluoride, unhealthy GM foods and a host of other concerns.

Like so many others, Jackie is beyond the ability of regular docs and hospitals to help, except to make her comfortable with pain management etc. So naturally, being who she is, she stopped taking the pain meds, and ripped off the patches that made her groggy opting to actually recover and not just sink into a deeper sleep. We understand she may not recover from this but no one in this family is going to sleep without a fight. We are treating her with therapies to help her recover. It may not work, but we've never been known for going along with the system, so we're giving it our best and we are all agreed that there's nothing to lose.

After laying in hospital beds for the last few weeks unable to walk, we got her home where she began sneaking out of bed on her own. She cast aside the wheel chair, then the walker and was caught roaming by herself on numerous occasions. She was supposed to have someone with her at all times, but you can't always do what you're supposed to do.

That's the update.

We are all doing our part to help. My job is to be out here on the road for now. I am in constant touch with everyone - gotta love the new tech stuff.

Also please note that while some of you have requested autographs, offers for gigs, or visits to help you with your favorite charities, etc., we do not function through FaceBook for any of those things. We do not do any business through social network sites. The Guthrie family is currently busy with matters that are very important to us. If you need something from any of us, please go through the regular channels or forget about it.

Lots of love to you and yours... As Usual,
adg & The Guthrie Family

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

~~~~ <3 ~~~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:43 pm

BlunderVirgin

[quote=[thumb]
mary platz hughes wrote:
~~~~ <3 ~~~
mary platz hughes wrote:
~~~~ <3 ~~~
adg wrote:
Dear Friends,

We thank you for all the thoughts and prayers coming our way, although we hope you will try to restrain yourselves from posting them publicly. We have no way to respond at this time.

Jackie is fighting for her life at this point. She is continually surrounded by her family. She has good days and bad days. The hospitals and doctors she has seen are trying their best to deal not only with her particular situation, but with her family as we are totally out of the box when it comes to health care.

When one of every two men, and one of every three women in America are likely to have cancer, something is terribly wrong with the way things are. Jackie has been the best advocate for rectifying that situation for years. Her posts are everywhere throughout the internet warning against vaccines, fluoride, unhealthy GM foods and a host of other concerns.

Like so many others, Jackie is beyond the ability of regular docs and hospitals to help, except to make her comfortable with pain management etc. So naturally, being who she is, she stopped taking the pain meds, and ripped off the patches that made her groggy opting to actually recover and not just sink into a deeper sleep. We understand she may not recover from this but no one in this family is going to sleep without a fight. We are treating her with therapies to help her recover. It may not work, but we've never been known for going along with the system, so we're giving it our best and we are all agreed that there's nothing to lose.

After laying in hospital beds for the last few weeks unable to walk, we got her home where she began sneaking out of bed on her own. She cast aside the wheel chair, then the walker and was caught roaming by herself on numerous occasions. She was supposed to have someone with her at all times, but you can't always do what you're supposed to do.

That's the update.

We are all doing our part to help. My job is to be out here on the road for now. I am in constant touch with everyone - gotta love the new tech stuff.

Also please note that while some of you have requested autographs, offers for gigs, or visits to help you with your favorite charities, etc., we do not function through FaceBook for any of those things. We do not do any business through social network sites. The Guthrie family is currently busy with matters that are very important to us. If you need something from any of us, please go through the regular channels or forget about it.

adg & The Guthrie Family
adg wrote:
Dear Friends,

That's the update.

adg & The Guthrie Family
[/thumb]"adg"]Dear Friends,

That's the update.

adg & The Guthrie Family[/quote]
[album][/album]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:52 pm

BlunderVirgin

Why the hell is Arlo "on the road" when his wife is at home dying?

!quote="adg"]Dear Friends,

That's the update.

adg & The Guthrie Family[/quote]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:29 pm

Arlo Fanatic

"My job is to be out here on the road for now."

That is enough for me! Notice the words "for now." Clearly, Jackie is in the loving care of the extended Guthrie family, and just as clearly, what families do at a time like this is solely up to them. We should totally respect whatever decisions they came to terms with.

mikey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:52 am

Arlo Fanatic

Jackie's strength and strength of convictions are truly remarkable. Continued best wishes, thoughts and prayers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:56 am

Arlo Fanatic

I'm betting that gigs can't be rescheduled and contracts have to be fulfilled. Arlo is doing what is right for him and the family. I know in my heart Arlo is definitely standing by Jackie. We send our love, hugs and prayers to them both.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:40 pm

The Folkslinger

In answer to the question, I'm out on the road because A) I am best able to make the living the family needs so they can take the time off to be together and losing the home because you can't pay the mortgage isn't going to help anyone recover and B) Jackie isn't at home dying. She is giving it her best shot to recover, and no insurance company is covering the costs of recovery. To be fair, they have done what they are obligated to do, but it hasn't always been in Jackie's best interest. It is in the best financial interest of the insurance company that she does not make a long and costly recovery. So C) I'm doing what needs to be done when no one else is able or willing to help. There is no health plan left, right or center that helps us at present. That's why we've been advocating for the reforms we believe are important. It is only the good will and friendships we have made over the years that are making it possible to get thru this ordeal.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:04 pm

BlunderVirgin

So sad that anyone even questioned ADJs activity and, on behalf of any who might have in this crazy world....Arlo, I apologize. Compassion people, wake up and check out your own back yard before trudging through one that doesn't belong to you. Sending out healing thoughts and wishes to all of the Guthrie clan! Namaste.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

L <3 V E g..i was hoping you wouldn't see that stuff. light and love to Jackie and the family.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:17 pm

ArloNetizen

Great response Arlo!

Sometimes it's better to let the ignorant be ignorant... But in this case, the attacker needed to be set straight so her ignorance can only be attributed to her own choice to remain ignorant.

Karma can be a bitch.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:35 am

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks so much for the info Ar hon! you hang in there. Don't let the naysayers get ya down. More prayers for Jackie, you and the family. I know you are a great husband to Jackie. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:03 am

Senior ArloNetizen

My respect for Arlo and his family have just grown tenfold,noone should ever have to feel they must defend themselves in a situtation of this type.Just know that our thoughts and prayes are with Jackie and you and family.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:17 am

Arlo Fanatic

Amen. More prayers just said.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:46 pm

BlunderVirgin

I'm not sure how things are with Jackie at this point, or if the family will read this, but wanted to relay that cures and miracles happen every day. I live in rural VT and this past January our farmer neighbor was diagnosed with terminal cancer. He was in the hospital several weeks and sent home basically to die. Hospice was even visiting everyday. He is now not only alive but doing ok and even doing some of the farm work. Up untill the very end there is always reason to believe and hope that things will work out.