Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:58 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Arlo I am so sorry to hear about Jackies passing. I don't mind saying that since learning of her cancer and the fight that was ahead of her and for your your family that she was on my mind daily. My prayers and sympathies go out to you and your family.
~Eric R.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:22 pm

ArloNetizen

God Bless ! My condolences sir.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:13 am

BlunderVirgin

My deepest sympathy to the whole Guthrie clan. Very sad to hear of Jackie's passing. Please know that there'll be some champa burning in her memory this evening...........

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:18 am

BlunderVirgin

Arlo: I'm saddened to hear about Jackie's passing. She was a very sweet woman.

Back when she and Reina worked together at the Troub and we were all neighbors in Hollywood... years ago, I can still Jackie walking down the outside stairs, in our funky stucco apartment building, wearing a jacket of beautiful light-brown suede and thinking that she was as soft and gentle as that supple leather. That lovely image of Jackie has never left me.

In case you didn't hear, Reina Michelle Benarosh, MSW (1943-2006) also died of liver disease. Reina had become a therapist and spent her career working with troubled young people, mostly at Jewish Family Services in Brooklyn. Although Reina and I had not been partners since the 60s — in fact, we'd been married to other people — we were lifelong friends. When my son, Geoff, visited Reina and told me that she'd been covering up how sick she'd become, I moved back to Manhattan and spent the last six weeks with her. She died in my arms. Over the years Reina spoke frequently of Jackie with great fondness... Were she here, Reina would want to add her condolences. Knowing what little words can do to ease the pain... I'm so sorry for your loss.