Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:10 pm

BlunderVirgin

Arlo, Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

You are the best!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hey adg, Thanks for keeping in touch. Glad to hear you are "back in the saddle". Looking forward to seeing you here in Brisbane next March. Hug from Deb Louise. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:30 am

BlunderVirgin

Just came by to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving, and saw the heartbreaking news. I am so sorry. Wish I'd had the opportunity to meet Jackie, but of course, don't even claim to actually know you, either. Just got a few memory flashes: of the first time I saw you play live, you were in your late 20's, skinny as a rail, playing Union Station in D.C. to benefit Amtrak; of seeing the whole Guthrie clan together onstage on the Mall, also in D.C., when one of the two states being celebrated that year was Oklahoma; and at that concert too, watching Pete Seeger lead you to a point, then letting you rip -- and rip you did.
Well, best luck to you all. Glad you've got so many in your corner, and such a good support system. It's gotta' help.
All the best from Memphis, TN -- Muffy Sands

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:57 pm

BlunderVirgin

Arlo,
I have always loved you and your values - you stand for freedom man. I lost my husband two weeks before you lost Jackie. I love your line "I can't remember what comes next but I have read this before and I know it ends well."

Arlo I don't want to offend you or your family by asking you a personal question... I would like to ask you for a date. I met you twice at the Birchmere in Alexandria, VA and Sarah Lee and Olivia and Johnny. I know you are a nice man and I would just like to spend a coupe of hours with you just to talk about your music over dinner. I am a musician too and the same age as Jackie. Forgive me if I offended anyone. I believe what you wrote about living in the moment and want to exercise that philosophy in all aspects of life.

Thank you for all these years of music and laughter. My husband loved you too.

Regards,

Franny

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:17 pm

The Folkslinger

Wow I haven't been asked for a date for over 40 years! Thanks for askin' altho it's not likely as the only time I ever go anywhere is when I'm working and that's never good for dinner. Thanks again, and my heart goes out to you. Sometimes it seems to me it's hard enuff just getting thru this life alive. All the best... adg :)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:23 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
Wow I haven't been asked for a date for over 40 years! Thanks for askin' altho it's not likely as the only time I ever go anywhere is when I'm working and that's never good for dinner. Thanks again, and my heart goes out to you. Sometimes it seems to me it's hard enuff just getting thru this life alive. All the best... adg :)

Ain't that the truth!

As for the "date," maybe "dinner and a show" could work. She could eat dinner while watching one of your shows? :roll: :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:33 am

Arlo Fanatic

The Birchmere would be perfect for dinner and a show. " it's hard enuff just getting thru this life alive. " I know what ya mean AG just too much sad and hard stuff going on.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Sweet.

Our pastor and my good friend, Mike Stewart, died suddenly of a massive heart attack. Just two years older and quite a bit healthier than me (apparently), it's scary stuff.

So I've been taking Dana adventure crusin'. We get in the car and drive until we find a place to stop and eat. It might be fine dining; it might be a new burger joint. It seems being in the car close and talking about pretty much anything is enough. And occasionally, a fantastic meal.

It's not sharable, but the lossses of friends lately are a wake-up call to me and that for what it's worth, is positive.

True stories: the night of Mike's funeral I went home to work on dubbing a cassette of a fellow congregant's wedding vows for his anniversary. When I pulled the cassette deck off the shelf where it has sat unused for six years there was a tape in it. When I took it out it was a recording of Mike Stewart giving his "One More Think to Take Off My List" sermon, a bucket list message.

I freaked.

After being laid off for five weeks I got a better job. A week later the company that laid me off was a subject of a Bloomberg report. Seems the Chinese cyber-warriors cleaned them out. Glad to miss that party.

Trust God and breathe. The universe is strange but sings to us.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:49 pm

Arlo Fanatic

So sorry to hear about your Mike. So sad. A sudden heart attack got my Mike. I'm sure he welcomed your pastor Mike up there.