Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:55 am

The Folkslinger

But, we're definitely taking a couple of weeks downtime. Getting through the last leg of the current tour was easy, and really fun, for the most part. We played in some gorgeous venues, and the road has been kind. The band and crew all sailed back to the northeast, and I will head to the southeast shortly after visiting family and friends in Austin, TX.

I'm looking at local temperatures on my cell phone, and thrilled to see that it'll be quite warm at my home in Florida. After almost 2 months of being cooped up in a 45' tin can, I'm ready for some hot sun, cool water, and ocean breezes. throw in a decent cup of coffee in the morning, and an iced drink in the afternoon... OMG yes.

I don't know about the band, but my voice can definitely use a break. I was getting a little raspy there for the last week or so, even though most people seemed to think I sounded that way to begin with. Whatever, it'll soon be restored to its normal familiarity. That and a few cameras to keep me busy will be the only work i have to do for 2 whole weeks. It's like Spring Break for old folksingers.

Look out world! We'll be back....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:31 am

The Folkslinger

Back on the River. An old shot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I saw a buzzard the other day looking all silly having a bit of a snack.

First thought was, “That looks fresh.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:08 am

ArloNetizen

Have a truly wonderful time on the river. Rest your voice, your mind and your soul. Take some beautiful pix for us all to enjoy (no pressure) and that we can rest in looking at. See you soon.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:45 am

The Folkslinger

The first morning back (more on Flickr). So grateful to be here on the river again. Today’s a day for doing absolutely not much. Time to get restored and re-energized. A little salt air, some sun, and good company. In a crazy world little things mean a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
...............Time to get restored and re-energized. A little salt air, some sun, and good company. In a crazy world little things mean a lot.

Negative ions and positive vibes

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:22 pm

The Folkslinger

agnes wrote:
adg wrote:
...............Time to get restored and re-energized. A little salt air, some sun, and good company. In a crazy world little things mean a lot.

Negative ions and positive vibes

Cheers!

Yeah! It's working! I'm happy to be here, and able to enjoy it. Getting some sun, and some water, and the good ocean air. It all helps.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:56 pm

ArloNetizen

Glad you are getting restored and relaxed. I know you won’t forget us. Warm sun, beautiful morning light and lovely evening moons are very restorative. Some lovely cold drinks while in he hot sun are very nice. No falling asleep in the sun though. Teehee. Will see you soon in Northern California, but I’m currently in sunny Palm Springs, unfortunately not for fun, packing up my brothers home as he died March 1st at the age of 68. Had been ill for a very long time and now is in a place with no pain and no worries. See ya, it is what it is, life starts and life inevitably ends one day. Back to the dust.