Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:59 pm

The Folkslinger

For most everyone the calendar seems a little late when dealing with winter. It began getting cold over a month or so ago, and now they're telling me it's the first day of winter. That's pretty funny. Here in Florida, it's been cool and rainy for a week, cold for many of my neighbors. But, my kids back at the farm in Massachusetts are dealing with actual cold. It's just what you're used to I guess. I'm not 100% sure but I bet the farm will see a white Christmas as usual, mostly a matter of our elevation.

I've been wandering around the decks of our place here overlooking the Indian River, looking at birds as they keep their eyes on the little fish below. The palms along the coast have been swaying back and forth as the wind changes direction from time to time. It hasn't been really stormy, just windy and wet, dark skies and fast moving clouds. Not too great for photos, but that'll change - It always does.

We've put the house here up for sale, and although I don't expect it to sell quickly, I've been out documenting the mornings and interesting sights trying to get used to the idea that although the last 10+ years here in this spot has been wonderful, it'll move on to others who I hope will find it as magical as I have. We've actually been here since the late 80's, but it wasn't until 2010 that we finally finished the construction. It's been fabulous ever since. I've got photos from the last 30 years being here.

When Jackie and I began this project we still had kids living at home, or at least newly gone off on their own. So it ended up being big enough to accommodate everyone. These days, it's just too big for me. My friend, Marti has a place close by which is a lot smaller, and better suited for us going forward. So, I'll likely remain in the area, just not in this huge house. It's kind of up in the air, but if anything significant happens I'll keep everyone who's interested informed.

That's the news from here... Happy Merry Everything! Welcome to Winter!

adg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:03 am

The Folkslinger

Here's a link to the local newspaper with basically the same info as above but with some added pix etc. It's not 100% accurate, but it's good enough. https://www.sebastiandaily.com/business ... ian-20305/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:59 am

The Folkslinger

Happy New Year 2020

The sun arose on the first day of the new year, the beginning of another decade. I was thankfully able to watch it rise into the sky. So far, so good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:37 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Happy New Year!

Have been away from the internet quite a bit lately.

Just read your holiday posts on facebook, Enjoyed the read.
Reminded me a little bit of an old RBR post for some reason.

Even remember you writing about Ram Dass in one of them <3

Happy New Year to you too Arlo! And thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:48 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Just saw Folk Uke's post.

Hilarious!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:41 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Happy New Year!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:31 am

ArloNetizen

Happy 2020!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:09 am

The Folkslinger

Well, we're into the New Year. I've successfully avoided actually writing the year (mostly), That won't be for long. Thanks for the New Year thoughts posted above. I've been walking around every morning, going out on the deck over-looking the river, taking my pix as usual. It's been raining more that usual, not just here but throughout the whole Southeast. They sure could use some of this rain where my friends Down Under are enduring a nightmare of fire and heat. I haven't checked in on anyone as I'm assuming it's even tough to get online. I'm worried about them all, and have been for a while now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:58 am

The Folkslinger

These days I go for walks, usually in the morning before it gets too hot down here. Going for walks at home on the farm is good - but not this time of year. The locals here are getting used to me walking around at a brisk pace (for me). I'm constantly waving, nodding or acknowledging all who pass me by. Some stop to chat. I like this.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:25 pm

The Folkslinger

I've been able to post a few new dates for this up-coming season, so they're now added to our schedule here on Arlo.net for anyone interested. There's more to come, but as these were announced by the venues themselves we're able to update our own calendar.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:09 am

The Folkslinger

For anyone interested: With a little over two weeks to go before the next tour begins it’s been great to get a few pix while still here. This was from this morning (January 19, 2020). A view from The CrabHouse deck over-looking the Indian River Lagoon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:24 am

ArloNetizen

Beautiful picture! You seem to really enjoy taking them. I have also seen many of your other ones. I love looking at them. You have a lovely home.
Carol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:21 pm

The Folkslinger

Hello Carol! Yeah I love taking pix. Thanks for the comments!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:45 am

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
Hello Carol! Yeah I love taking pix. Thanks for the comments!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to post my own pictures I love to take pictures too, here in California; of the beach and the sunsets etc but I'm not sure how to do that. I tried to post one the other night somewhere and I couldn't I keep getting a message that the "picture was too big".
I was wondering if somebody could help me figure out how to do that?
Thanks,
Carol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:38 am

The Folkslinger

I've had problems sending and posting pix from the computer to arlo.net. So what I do now is use Tapatalk (the app) on my cell phone. I can post pix from there easily, as long as the pix are also somewhere on my phone so the app can find it. There's a slight learning curve but it seems to work well. Good luck!

PS... yeah later this year arlo.net will turn 25. That's old as far as the internet goes, so it wasn't designed to accommodate many pix (and other things people do these days). There's work-arounds, but it isn't always easy.