Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Summer Time 2023
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:45 pm

The Folkslinger

Well with all the smoke in the air, the summer isn't starting like it usually does. If it isn't smokey, it's cloudy. But, it's keeping the temperature a little under the weather - as it were. It's cooler. It's also more muggy. There were a few sunny days in June when I got to go out and play in the cement pond, and I'm looking forward to more of those kinds of days over the next 8 weeks. It could be worse.

I could be up father north with my Canadian buddies, or farther west where it's been too smokey to go outside. Or I could be with my kids in Texas where it's be ridiculously hot. I'm staying put for at least the foreseeable future. Marti & I are making the best of it, and the flowers in the garden are loving it - Because we're here helping them out.

I hope everyone gets a chance to have some fun this summer... Enjoy the holidays - There's a few coming up.
See you somewhere!

adg

Post subject: Re: Summer Time 2023
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
Well with all the smoke in the air, the summer isn't starting like it usually does. If it isn't smokey, it's cloudy. But, it's keeping the temperature a little under the weather - as it were. It's cooler. It's also more muggy. There were a few sunny days in June when I got to go out and play in the cement pond, and I'm looking forward to more of those kinds of days over the next 8 weeks. It could be worse.

I could be up father north with my Canadian buddies, or farther west where it's been too smokey to go outside. Or I could be with my kids in Texas where it's be ridiculously hot. I'm staying put for at least the foreseeable future. Marti & I are making the best of it, and the flowers in the garden are loving it - Because we're here helping them out.

I hope everyone gets a chance to have some fun this summer... Enjoy the holidays - There's a few coming up.
See you somewhere!

adg

Hi Arlo,
Yeah! I have been wondering how SparkyDon is doing since early May (when I first noticed the haze). I had to dig to find out anything (long story short)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Well, there is a Full Thunder Moon tonight and some of us may actually get to see it!

So there’s that :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:09 am

The Folkslinger

It's a little funny the way time seem to be moving faster. The days come and go, the seasons change, and life goes on. Amazing stuff when you have time to think about it. :)