Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Winter Is Here 2023
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:02 am

The Folkslinger

Well, winter was here. Didn't last very long but we had a few inches of snow on the ground. It'll come and go as usual until it sets in. But by that time I'll be home in Florida. I love my little town of Sebastian. For the last 4 decades (since the late 1980s) it really didn't make much difference where home was, as we were constantly on the road, everywhere but where I'd call home. Generally if we ended a leg of the tour near Sebastian, we went there. If we ended a tour near the north east, we went to Washington, Massachusetts. The was no routine or preference, it was just whatever made sense. These days Florida makes sense most of the time - Except in summer when it's just too hot and humid. Christmas carols under the swaying palms.... Yeah kind of silly. But it's fun.

Post subject: Re: Winter Is Here 2023
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:18 am

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
Well, winter was here. Didn't last very long but we had a few inches of snow on the ground. It'll come and go as usual until it sets in. But by that time I'll be home in Florida. I love my little town of Sebastian. For the last 4 decades (since the late 1980s) it really didn't make much difference where home was, as we were constantly on the road, everywhere but where I'd call home. Generally if we ended a leg of the tour near Sebastian, we went there. If we ended a tour near the north east, we went to Washington, Massachusetts. The was no routine or preference, it was just whatever made sense. These days Florida makes sense most of the time - Except in summer when it's just too hot and humid. Christmas carols under the swaying palms.... Yeah kind of silly. But it's fun.

I suppose it is a more consistent experience being in one place. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:38 pm

The Folkslinger

Consistency is fun, but so is inconsistency. It's always something... :)

Not only that but you can rely on it Hahahaha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:30 pm

Arlo Fanatic

And with that, agnes delighted in her confusion with relief :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:45 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I fully understand the need some have to be separate from the Snow and the cold but as for me I need the season's. I'll take as much snow as you can give,.........all before Jan 1st, then not another flake for another 11 months, but the cold I can deal with.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:52 pm

The Folkslinger

I seemed to have deleted a post by G1. Didn't mean to...

Yep. Everything has its time I guess. Stockbridge became very fashionable over the few decades, so there are some changes as merchants come and go. Over-all the town is pretty much the same. It's still a popular place to go for a lot of folks, but it caters to a more elite crowd. No one goes grocery shopping in Stockbridge Hahahaha, well not me anyway. The surrounding towns of Lenox, and Lee are also adjusting as time goes by. Things change.

The old guard (me included) is giving way to a younger crowd. I don't keep track of such things but it seems like every time I go to Stockbridge there's a lot of people my age wandering around. What's left of the old days is still there, and in the hands of new folks who seem to appreciate it - Tradition.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:30 am

Senior ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
I seemed to have deleted a post by G1. Didn't mean to...

Yep. Everything has its time I guess. Stockbridge became very fashionable over the few decades, so there are some changes as merchants come and go. Over-all the town is pretty much the same. It's still a popular place to go for a lot of folks, but it caters to a more elite crowd. No one goes grocery shopping in Stockbridge Hahahaha, well not me anyway. The surrounding towns of Lenox, and Lee are also adjusting as time goes by. Things change.

The old guard (me included) is giving way to a younger crowd. I don't keep track of such things but it seems like every time I go to Stockbridge there's a lot of people my age wandering around. What's left of the old days is still there, and in the hands of new folks who seem to appreciate it - Tradition.

LOL, the wife deletes me as often as she can!