Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Tablature » Name (Or Play) That Tune

Forum rules

Before posting here - please check to make sure the song is not in the main Tablature forum. If it is, just add a reply over there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:41 pm

ArloNetizen

Thelmalou,I am so sorry if you thought I was thinking that you wanted gossip on Arlo. That was not my intention. I was just rattling on about the pic on e-bay. I have beautiful pics and autographs that I would never think of selling or for that matter, buying from anyone else. We all just admire the man and it's natural to want to know more about the people we love. I hope to find the book referenced, myself. You know, at the end of the day - they are just like all of us with the trials and tribulations of life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:56 am

Phenomenal is right! What a treasure chest. More fun for me than watching the SuperBowl! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:59 am

Oh, Fearless, I'm the one who should apologize. I am a sloppy reader. I just whizzed through the posts and shot off my reply, then reread them and realized I was a blundernut. Thanks for writing, though.

I'm on such an Arlo high from watching all the videos on youtube that JackieG3 put up. Dang. Makes me wish I could see him and his family in concert! And yes, that book sounds fantastic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:25 am

New question!

I've searched all over Arlo.net & can't find where I should post this, so I'll do it here if that is okay with the arlo gang:

Is there a forum for discussing the movie Alice's Restaurant? I figured there would be a whole category in and of itself but have seen nothing. When I have searched those words I've come up with zilch.

Thanks if anyone can answer and/or point me in the right direction. I even tried to find unofficial fan sites of the movie itself online and found nothing. I find this hard to comprehend that I'm the only person who wants to talk about the movie. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:59 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I'm thinking that having "loving fans" is the price of fame and sometimes a high price. Fans lucky enough to actually know a famous person that they respect and admire are lucky indeed, as are those who have the resources to go to a lot of concerts or public appearances. That's one reason I love the Internet. I've been watching a lot of old videos and hearing a lot of songs I never had access to as a young person. I see where so many fans beg, come to my town! There are not enough days to go to every town.
At least we can all access the music and pass that legacy on to our children and grandchildren. I hadn't really heard of Arlo until I got my first CD player (the'90's??) and my first CD was Hit's of the '70's. It had "City of New Orleans." I also like Willy's version. Age is a high price to pay for experience!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:48 am

Arlo Fanatic

If you ever gete the chance to go to an Arlo show, do go. You will have a great time & be blessed... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I think with any celebrity, they love their fans a whole lot more if the fans respect their personal space and respect their right to privacy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:28 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

sue wrote:
I think with any celebrity, they love their fans a whole lot more if the fans respect their personal space and respect their right to privacy.

I'm sure that is right. I wonder if "stars" prefer older, more mature fans who simply want to see the show and bask in the music? Of course, when the performers had young fans, they were young too.
I saw The Beatles in concert during their 2nd American tour and was disapointed. The music might have been great-it probably was but I couldn't hear a single note because of the girls screaming. I was a teenaged girl too but I wanted to hear the music.
I will certainly try to see Arlo if he comes anywhere close to my area-which is not on any schedual I've seen yet. See what I mean? Come to my town! There will never be enough days. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:30 am

Arlo Fanatic

You are so lucky to have seen the Beatles in concert. I would've loved to have seen them back then. At least with Arlo folks aren't tearing his clothes off him like they did with the Beatles lol...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:29 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I enjoy being able to say I saw The Beatles in concert, but actually, it could have been any 4 guys down on the field at Bush Statium. They were too far away to recognise. We also had a summer down-pour of heavy rain-just during the time The Beatles performed-not before or after. So, these things, as well as the screams drowning out the music made it a tad disapointing. Still, look at the bright side, the cheap tickets were only $6.50!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

In 1964 I saw The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show. I still remember it like yesterday, we were visiting good friends of my folks and all the kids watched it together. A few weeks later we set sail to OZ to spend time with my Mom's side of the family. In June The Beatles came to OZ. I went to see them with my Sis who was 17 and my Bro who was 13. I was nearly 10. It was a fairly small venue, (been torn down now as not big enough for concerts anymore) we sat right up in the back corner and I kept saying "Why don't all those girls shutup so I can hear the music!!!!" Oh, and Ringo had been ill but by the time they got to Brisbane he was fine so I got to see the complete Fab Four and I'm glad I did!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

You got a deal on Beatles tix. I bet you both had fun back then. In the 60's I only got to see local bands. No big name acts yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:59 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

It was a lot simpler time. More innocent, somehow. The Beatles were my first concert and I didn't attend many as a teen. Seeing a band you really like perform is a wonderful experience.

My oldest daughter saw Pearl Jam, Clapton, The Stones and many others, but we were living near Memphis then, and still are. The Memphis in May thing is a good place to see a lot of newer and well known bands. We're an hour from Memphis TN, and 2 hours from Little Rock, AR, where quite a lot of bands perform. A younger daughter saw 9 Inch Nails in Little Rock. I actually listened to a whole 9 Inch Nails album, just for her and my brain still hurts from the experience. I missed The Eagles in Memphis-the tickets were very expensive. Sometimes a good band comes to ASU in Jonesboro. Lately I am really enjoying YouTube and seeing the old videos I'd never seen when I was young.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

You Tube is a good place for 60's & 70's videos. Stuff I liked & never knew was on video is on there. And some neat stuff of Arlo too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:13 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I really like the one where Arlo thanks the narcs. It's so funny. One of my daughters (age 25) went to school with a guy named Arlo.