Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Trading Post

Fast Free File Sharing - Support ArloNet's Live Shows & Share Your Own
DropBox Flie Sharing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:31 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Aloha, 8-27-2020

Been a while since checked in here to Arlo nuts. Nuts as good as IBEW Wirenuts, of another younger life. I find the perpetual 1-24-60 dates interesting for its my youngest sister's birthday.-wierd she got dementia after telling her off 2 years ago for losing what could have been my last words sent to her to give Nephew son of dead brother Tommy. Month after sending it May 5 2017 Marie went up above to rage about the lunatics in charge down here. We both had lung problems from praying too much with smokes. Almost took me in Feb 2018 when in ICU for a day. "Best sleep had in years" I joked as soon as woke up.

How you all riding out these Corona Blues times?

Since March 2020 Shutdown, been 6 months without pool, when Fitchburg-Leominster leagues were just starting to be fun again, since back from Antwepen July 2011-Dec 2017. Small table 3-cushion was fun with lots of great Flemish gentlemen, which call Belgium the promised land even after 5-1 hit on their money when euro was forced down throats. Higher SS tax cover many social needs. Like we paid 150 euro a year for health care in not for profit system Belgium has had since 1945, with reasonable co-pays.

The shut down, except for pool has had good effect on city which understands we are all in it together. The buses have been free and even bonus of double food stamps that have put 10 pounds on my 210 weight. COPD almost got me Feb 2008, and cut down to no smokes to rarely more than two a day.

Pool tables should be open next month. Can't wait.

Last edited by leoburg on Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Aloha and hi. (10-21-2020.)

Glad to meet ya on the bench.

Here is the blog finally got to write in Belgium when Marie had made it worth it enough for me to try. https://leoburg9.com/

The first blog "It shouldn't happen to anyone." is now even sadder than its start, and worse when back from Belgium when 6 months latter found out Carol had been dead for 10 years, since before even had met Marie on Facebook, who I was trying to more on with from Carol who cut my soul open. It could be a pretty kool pool movie of a B+ a- player driven out on the road with a worker ownership Union better way to work message. Main goal would be more worker ownership modeled after the $20 Billion a year Mondragon Cooperative of the Basque in Spain. As IBEW Wirenut at time Mom told me about it from a Catholic Digest, saw right away how Unions could work out details on local levels: basiclly keeping profits local.

Am sure it could use some editing, for never really like writing or anything that keeps me off a Pool or 3 Cushion Table. Bet ya if could spend a month with a 3 cushion Champion could compete respectably on US Pro Level. We could make the movie about how all that works out in real life. The girls half my age hitting on this young looking 62 player, (Said look not back or hips feeling.) sometimes mentally feeling young, can be in the movie too.

The rest of the Blogs are about how the times add up too me. Is that to me or too me?

Its great feeling now since 9-1-2020 to have moved into cheaper 110% better overall feeling than a few blocks back of south side of 2rd hilliest city in Country. Feeling like that "my peace, my peace is all I have to give you" song of Woody that Arlo put to music.

The dump with a few ratty room-mates (One did help enough with rent to get Predator $300 dollar cue, modeled after the low deflection shaft South West Cue, now worth $6 grand, (Since cue maker died...) but laid it down at front door of Club Forty's where it all started.) off and on. After Color of Money opened up 100s of Pool Tournament rooms around New England, was knocking on door of winning an A 9 Ball Tournament. The B's didn't like me winning them and the A's didn't like the "Match Play" was getting. Match Play still being all need to beat anyone in a match.

(Guess I can not add photo of what the following is about.) Here is view of 5th street bridge out window from desktop, surround sound high power specially built desktop. Can feel the roots of the different shades of green Massachusetts trees talking to me through the leaves now turning all kinds of New England colors.