Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:00 am

Arlo Fanatic

I had a great time at this show but it just wasn't the same without Mike. I did feel his presence there. Arlo dedicated his new hymn to Mike and mentioned his passing in the show. That was so sweet of him. Thanks you Arlo! I didn't think to write a set list nor bring anything to write on one. He didn't do Alice's. He did do CONO, Motorcycle Song, Shade Of The Old Apple Tree, Soldier Makes It Home, New Hymn, Goodnite Irene, Some other Leadbelly songs, Pretty Boy Floyd, Coming Into La, Evangeline. Can't remember them all. I would like to thank you Arlo for doing that song for Mike. It meant the world to me. My mom said she wondered if the Burns sisters would do a song themselves. Guess what they read my moms mind and did one. It was so good! I fell the presence of God & Mike there. I carried a picture of him with me so he was there in spirit. Before the show, I saw a pretty rainbow while at the venue. I know that was Mike having asked God to put that there for to remind me of him. Mike is my rainbow in the sky.

My folks got to meet Arlo again. He was so sweet to my folks.Thanks Arlo for being so nice to them.

I did do some video but there are no pics to it only sound cuz I had to leave the camera in my purse while capturing the music or risk getting caught cuz they are so goofy about you taking pics. Lighten up folks lol. Like Arlo says, too many laws. I did get the song for Mike on there but only the song & not Arlo talking about him as I didn't get the camera turned on in time.

I may be going next yr alone cuz my mom was not keen on driving back at nite and the motel not being so easily accessible without having to turn in somewhere & turn around. Never been to a gig totally alone so that should be an adventure lol. Thanks for a wonderful nite Arlo. I wil always miss my baby but he is here in spirit & in my heart as well as heaven. Amen...