Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:30 am

BlunderVirgin

Please Arlo, look up and get some lines for a tune relating to the Gulf and BP. In the spirit of Alice's Restaurant, you have touched my Sober Life, even at the age 57. There is a dear lady I call my Step Mom yet she manages a Club, not a restaurant. I can feel comfortable each and everytime I go see her that I'll get what I need. Thank you so much.

Let's do a tune together for LGBG, I play Sax with the Richmond Concert Band here in Richmond, http://www.rcband.org

ODAATS, :wink:

Bruce
wildgoose210@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hopefully he will see this but I dunno if he'll get to do a tune with ya or not. I could see him doing I'm Changing My Name To Chrysler as a song about BP. We're going to Lewis Ginter too. He never comes to Richmond so this will be exciting. I dunno if you play bluegrass or not but they have bluegrass jams every month at Rivermont Presbyterian Church in Enon. I play in them. That's fun! Welcome to the site!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:13 am

Arlo Fanatic

I saw on the news that on Thurs it os gpmma be 100 or close to it. Wow. Bet Arlo is about ready to do the show in his swimsuit lol. Enjoy your trip to VA Arlo! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:10 am

Arlo Fanatic

Oh yeah the show in Va needs your prayers and vibes. On the news they talked like it would be over 100 and there's a chance of thunderstorms. We do not need the storms. Yuck! Don't need the heat until it gets under 70 lol. So we're praying for no storms in VA on Thurs and that the heat bothers no one. I have to be there really early in the afternoon in order to get good parking and front row center so I'll have to be out in it...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Cheryl Harrell wrote:
I saw on the news that on Thurs it os gpmma be 100 or close to it. Wow. Bet Arlo is about ready to do the show in his swimsuit lol. Enjoy your trip to VA Arlo! :)

OOH LA LA!! It would be great to see Arlo perform in his red swim trunks, as long as there is pic of him modeling his trunks on the venue show poster. He would be helping out the ecomony if the remaining tickets be sold by women only then the show will sold out!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Arlo Fanatic

You came up with a great way to sell tix. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:16 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
:D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I think he just sold more tix. I just saw on our local news over 100 tomorrow and maybe soms storms (hope not esp on the storms). And they said it will be 87 next week and they are calling that cool.. :D Have a good trip to VA Arlo...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:44 pm

BlunderVirgin

Soo glad Arlo is coming to Richmond. Bad news is that I have to work the nite he comes!! When we lived in Jersey we saw him frequently in concerts in NYC, ?whiteville, NY, Morristown. At least once a year. My husband loved him because he rode a Triumph just like him. I am so bummed that I won't be able to see him and his family perform. I know it will be great!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Cheryl Harrell wrote:
I think he just sold more tix.

WOW!!! My idea worked!! I think Arlo read this thread and immediately put his swim trunks on display at the Garden with along with a sign that says "Ladies Night" :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:07 am

Arlo Fanatic

No swimsuit at the show. But he did wear shorts which was the first time I've ever seen him wear them at a show. I hereby dub the tour the "Sexy Legs" tour lol. I wasn't able to keep a set list because I couldn't find the pen I brought with me. I did take plenty of pics. He didn't do Alices. He did do Darkest Hour, Highway In The Wind, CONO (On guitar due to the heat), My Peace, This Land, My Old Friend, Coming Into La, Pickle Song, Mooses Come Walking, the Woody song that Janis Ian made up the tune to. I could feel Mikes presence there and also the presence of the blunderites that weren't able to go. Since my clothes had no pockets on them, I kept everyone in my purse and tote bag in spirit. It was nice to see Sue there and a guy whose been to a bunch of the Arlo shows I've been to including Manteo, NC. Sending vibes for a safe trip home to Sue. We had fun...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:29 am

Arlo Fanatic

Home safe, but later than planned because 95 was backed up due to construction. Hope Arlo's trip north for his next gig is more pleasant than what I went through. I was glad I had my Ipod with me.
Judy was there with us for a little while, through the magic of a cell phone. I could hear her singin' along!

It was a wonderful show, and the threatening rain turned out to be about three drops. I remembered to bring an umbrella, so of course, that prevented the rain from happening. It was HOT!!!! After the storm clouds passed through , it cooled down some; (it was still warm and humid) they plopped a fan in front of Arlo, and the show went on without a hitch. The evening was a lot more pleasant than the day was...on the way, on 95 just north of Richmond, my car outside temp gauge said it was 101 degrees.
The little gnats and no-see-ums were biting all evening. Even with the heat, I was glad I had jeans on...those little buggers love munching on me.
I'm betting that after the show, Arlo was very interested in something cold to drink and a speedy return to the hotel and air conditioning. He disappeared quickly, which is totally what I expected...the earlier heat was oppressive and extremely uncomfortable, and the sound check must have been pure torture. I know I was glad to get in the car and put on the AC after the concert!
For me, being out there for a couple hours before the show while the sun was still up was completely draining; a cool shower is sounding good to me now, and I'm still thirsty!
It was good to see Cheryl, Martha and Eric, and the guy sitting next to me (Scott) was nice; Cheryl and I enjoyed talking to him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hey Cheryl post some pix of Arlo I can't wait to see them. I want to use one of Arlo's legs picture as a self soothing distress tolerance aid as part of my impartial hospital therapy. :lol: I'm glad the show was great without any rain such a bummer it was humid. I am going to Tanglewood next month to see Arlo and the Boston Pops I hope he wears the same attire as the Garden show.... "Sexy Legs" tour LOL!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I was so glad to get Sue's phone call, and sing along with the cornbread song! What a nice surprise!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Awesome! Did Sue put her phone on speaker phone so that Arlo heard loud and clear?..... :D