Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

Post subject: Arlo Concert Columbia MD
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:10 am

Arlo Fanatic

A much more comfortable show than the one in Richmond...while it was about 93 today, this concert was indoors and in a beautiful, huge (AIR CONDITIONED!) theater in a high school. No one had to suffer for their art today!

The only drawback was the traffic...there was a Phish concert at Merriweather Post Pavilion ( within a mile of the venue) that snarled traffic badly...it took over an hour to travel 1/3 mile. Phish was still playing when I left the parking lot (you could hear them) tonight, so I avoided the traffic on the way home, which only took 45 minutes. It's a bit scary when you realize that the concert is starting in less than an hour, and you're still not there, and creeping six feet every five minutes. Once I got out of the jam, it was smooth sailing.

Arlo was in fine form, cheerful, and happy to be there. The audience was responsive and laughed in all the right places. The set list was very similar to what was played Thursday in Richmond, with a couple of songs that were different. I enjoyed everything, and had a wonderful time. Arlo and Abe seemed to be having a good time, too.

Arlo was on his way to the airport after the concert; he's flying to Germany tonight. Abe is heading home in the morning.

I arrived home, checked the mail, and found a loaf of home-baked banana nut bread in the mailbox, from Ruthy Ungar Merenda and Mike Merenda(members of "The Mammals" with Tao Rodriguez-Seeger). They had an online fundraiser a little while ago so they could put out their new CD, and offered premiums for different amounts pledged to their project, one being a pie or loaf of banana bread, baked by Ruthy. All I can say is, YUM! It was a nice surprise to come home to.

Check out their new CD, "One in a Million"! It's great!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:17 am

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks for the show report. Sounds like a good show except for the traffic. Hope Arlo has a safe trip to Germany... :)