Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

Post subject: Baton Rouge Concert
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:08 pm

BlunderVirgin

My wife and I went to see Arlo at the Shaw Center last Friday night. it is a great small concert hall and I had anticipated and looked forward to this since buying the tickets last October when announced.
My wife however was not as excited, she had been worn out by my constant playing of Alice's Resteraunt in the early years of our marriage. We have been married for 40 years and so she agreed to attend. To my great joy she just loved the concert and could not stop talking about it all weekend when we visited my son and his family. My son and his friends had not heard of Arlo so they all downloaded films and songs and my grandsons were singing the Motorcycle Song all weekend!
just want to say thanks to Arlo and his band we will look forward to your next visit to Cajun Country.

Post subject: Re: Baton Rouge Concert
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Cool!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:13 am

ArloNetizen

That's a nice story. imho how can anyone not like an Arlo show regardless of age. His stories are great, knows how to make people laugh and feel right at home, and sings and strings his azz off. Still hoping he adds a date to NorthEast Pa. I may have to travel to Brooklyn, NY in September to see him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:29 am

Arlo Fanatic

Welcome to the site! An Arlo show is fun! :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:15 pm

The W!zard

Drgiggles1 wrote:
That's a nice story. imho how can anyone not like an Arlo show regardless of age. His stories are great, knows how to make people laugh and feel right at home, and sings and strings his azz off. Still hoping he adds a date to NorthEast Pa. I may have to travel to Brooklyn, NY in September to see him.

You don't see the e-mails I occasionally get saying how upset someone is just because he didn't do "Alice's" - you know, the one song he's most famous for! The person who refuses to ever listen to or support Arlo again. :roll:

I usually take those, print them out, and bury them under a half-a ton of garbage - making sure the e-mail address is readable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Dave wrote:
Drgiggles1 wrote:

You don't see the e-mails I occasionally get saying how upset someone is just because he didn't do "Alice's" - you know, the one song he's most famous for! The person who refuses to ever listen to or support Arlo again. :roll:

I usually take those, print them out, and bury them under a half-a ton of garbage - making sure the e-mail address is readable.

He has so many great songs. I don't care about hearing a specific one. How can people be so narrow minded? I am actually glad that he doesn't play it often. I hope that is okay to say. i enjoy his diversity. i agree. It is a nice story.