Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:48 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy - November 3rd is Tuesday!! I can hardly wait. I'm excited, too, cause there should be some stuff being sold before the show, right? Or can you get it after the show as well? IDK. If I don't find out in time, I'll buy some goodies before I go in to my seat. Yippee!!

Anyone else going to this show? My son will be with me and my ex husband will be there as well. My birthday is the 2nd, on Monday, so this is a birthday treat for me as well as just a huge treat! The concert of a lifetime, cause I'm not getting any younger and I doubt anything else will beat this from here on out. Sooooooo, yippeee!!!!! I can hardly wait. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:55 am

Senior ArloNetizen

What can I say? This was a fantastic show. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed the entire time we spent with Sarah Lee, Arlo, Abe and all of the other musicians.

The set lists were as follows, as far as I can tell. I actually wrote them down as they were being sung and performed so as to get everything straight to report.

Sarah Lee Guthrie
Catch The Wind (Donovan)
Seven Sisters
Go Wagaloo
If I Were A Carpenter (Tim Hardin)
Exit 49
I've Got To Know (Woody Guthrie)
Circle Of Souls

Arlo
Claymation Movie of The Motorcycle Song
followed by Arlo coming on stage and singing The Motorcycle Song
Chilling Of The Evening
St. James Infirmary (Cisco Houston)
Me And My Goose
Pig Meat Papa (Leadbelly)
Coming Into Los Angeles
Alice's Restaurant (followed by a standing ovation)
I Hear You Sing Again
City Of New Orleans (Steve Goodman)
Highway In The Wind
This Land Is Your Land sing along and standing ovation
(encore) My Peace

First, I have to say, we all really enjoyed Sarah Lee's music and I really had fun with Go Wagaloo, singing along with her and the whole crowd. That was special. And then, her final song, Circle Of Souls was just so special. I actually cried during the performance after hearing her explaining how her little daughter had seen Jackie as an angel outside in the clouds as they were flying somewhere in a plane. Sarah Lee explained that she thought her daughter was dreaming this and her daughter set her straight. I think she really saw Jackie as an angel, turning into a star in the sky and this brought me back to memories of my own mother's passing and how I heard her heart valve clicking twice, in one evening. And I knew my mother was there to let me know she was ok. The song reminded me of that plus I could just see Jackie as that angel in the sky in the beautiful clouds and it brought tears to my eyes.

Arlo, Abe and the band put on a fantastic show and we had several standing ovations during the concert, especially after Alice's Restaurant and This Land Is Your Land. I am sure the entire audience was singing along and loud and I even could hear my son singing which made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. He likes Arlo a lot and he really enjoyed this concert. He's never been to one that wasn't "too loud" before and it made it much more enjoyable for him.

So, thank you Arlo, Abe and Sarah Lee and the whole band, for a wonderful, wonderful evening. :) :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:50 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Nice report, and sounds like a great show. We had hoped to make this show, but we were unable to travel to my in-laws near Iowa City from Florida at this time.

Have to catch the folkslinger closer to home next year, I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:35 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Thanks, Mikey. I wondered what happened to you cause you didn't say any more about coming up here. It was truly a packed house. I have a feeling the seats up at the very front were reserved for members of Englert or maybe University Of Iowa staff or something. During the break, people were standing up and the people over on my right up front, facing the stage, all looked different than the rest of us. ROTFLOL. I have no idea but I know I was going to try for tickets up front, there, and the whole front was taken and that was in early August or so. So, because I have so much trouble walking cause of my knees, I opted for seats in the back of the center section so if I had to get up to use the facilities, I wouldn't fall and kill myself getting to the door. Hahahahaha! The seating was excellent and so was the view. I would have loved to have been closer but ya gotta do what ya gotta do, and it was all good.

I did, sorta, manage to make a pig of myself at the merchandise table, too, and even got a copy of Old Bill cause I really wanted that, some CDs, a T-shirt and some other thingies. I am a happy camper. It was a wonderful night!!