Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 1999 4:44 am

Arlo Fanatic

GUILFORD COLLEGE, DANA AUDITORIUM, GREENSBORO, NC

Before the show we happened to run into Arlo. He looked great. He had on a Hawaiian shirt & jeans. I showed Dennis & some kid with long hair who was a student there & helped out with the sound, my laptop. Everyone was so nice to us. A photographer from the Greensboro, NC paper was there & took some photos of Arlo & of us & was intrigued by using being friends with him & having come all the way from VA. He's gonna do an editorial in the Greensboro, NC paper on Arlo & us. Next yr. when Arlo comes back to Greensboro, NC with eh Symphony they want to use PICS of Arlo & us to advertise the gig. LOL! We're walking Arlo billboards.

We met the dude who helped put on the show & we'd bought the tickets from him over the phone. He was real nice & a long hair too!
Jackie, Abe, Cathy & Dennis were there. Sarah wasn't there due to still being in Hawaii for her honeymoon. Arlo said he'd love to be there. Jessica wasn't there cuz she had to visit a friend. So Jackie & Cathy sold the stuff for Arlo. Out of all the Arlo gigs we've been to this is the 2nd one that she's been to. The other one we went to that she was at was the WOODY STAMP SHOW in DC. We'd met her there so we got to meet her again & see Cathy & Abe again. The grandkids didn't come nor Annie or Abes wife Lisa cuz the kids are in school now. Someone had to take care of them.

This was a Quaker college. I didn't see anyone that looked like the Quaker Oats man. LOL! The Guy who out on the gig talked about how the Quakers don't vote. They come to an agreement & if one person disagrees then. No deal.

Show Fashion report: He wore a black suit, black dressy shirt & black dress shoes & red socks! Yup! That was him & not an Arlo Clone. I told him last week he was an Arlo Clone but this week he was the real Arlo cuz he wore red socks! He looked nice. Abe was with him on keyboards backing him up.

SET LIST:

CHILLING OF THE EVENING

ALICE'S
YIPPEE! (No, I didn't go to the bathroom then. I waited till intermission!) He got alot of cheers for doing it. During the KILL, KILL, KILL part some guy hops up & goes KILL, KILL, KILL! LOL! They gave him a standing ovation.

TELLS WAVY GRAVY STORY & THE STORY ABOUT THE BEATLES SGT. PEPPER BEING RELEASED ON THE DAY ALICE'S WAS RECORDED.

RING AROUND A ROSEY RAG STORY & THE SONG.

TELLS ABOUT SARAH BEING IN HAWAII FOR HER HONEYMOON & HE WISHES HE COULD'VE GONE.

TELLS A BOB DYLAN STORY.

HOUSE OF THE RISING SON.

MOOSES COME WALKING

INTERMISSION

DARKEST HOUR

STORY ABOUT WHEN A SOLDIER MAKES IT HOME & HE DOES THE SONG.

ANOTHER STORY

KEYS TO THE HIGHWAY

SOME LADY SAYS HI TO HIM & HE ANSWERS HER BACK. IT'S FUNNY.

GUY SAYS DO "CITY OF NEW ORLEANS".

TELLS STORY OF SARAH GETTING MARRIED & GOING ON HONEYMOON TO HAWAII. PLUS STORY OF SARAH HAVING HIM RENT WOODSTOCK CUZ SHE THOUGHT IT WAS COOL HE WAS THERE. PLUS WOODSTOCK STORY.

SAYS THE NEXT SONG IS FOR SARAH. IT'S "UKELELE LADY". STOPS IN MIDDLE OF SONG & TELLS STORY OF HIM BEING AT A FOLK FEST IN CALF.

COMING INTO LA

STEVE GOOD MAN STORY

CONO

TELLS WOODY STAMP STORY & STAMP SHOW STORY.

THIS LAND

STOPS IN MIDDLE OF SONG & TELLS STORY OF HIM BEING IN TROUBLE INS SCHOOL & WOODY TEACHING HIM THE VERSES TO THIS LAND. ALSO STORY ABOUT HIS MOM BEING IN CHINA & THEM SINGING THE SONG FOR HER.

RESUMES SINGING THIS LAND.

THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE 7 FOLKS YELLING FOR MORE ETC.

ENCORE:

UNDER COVER OF NIGHT

HIGHWAY IN THE WIND

After the show he was his usual sweet self & had changed from his suit into his jeans & Hawaiian shirt. Some guy gave him a pickle. We all had fun! Since he has no more gigs till Nov. 11 he & Jackie flew home. A good time was had by all. If you missed it you missed a great show!