Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2001 4:42 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

What a wonderful night, band and audience in great spirits. Regina thinks Arlo is a hottie with his new beard.

Xavier openned with...
Rock My Soul (Tim)
Last Train (Randy)
Strangers (Randy)

Arlo and Sarah join the band and immediately went into...
Chilling Of The Evening
Ocean Crossing
Introduction/Fence Post Blues
St. James Infirmary

Arlo greeted the crowd and talked about his dad being made into a postage stamp and how people often surprise you with their goodness...
Pretty Boy Floyd
Sinking Of The Reuben James

Arlo talked about playing in New Orleans (Louie, Louie), then took us back to the San Francisco Maritime Hall, but ended up in Montana at Hoyt's place (Sort of a melding of Arlo tales)...
In A Young Girls Mind (Sarah)
Freight Train
Mooses Come Walkng

Arlo talked about Woodstock...
Coming into Los Angeles

***Intermission***

Alice's Restaurant
When A Soldier Makes It Home
Ring Around a Rosie Rag

Dylan story...
When the Ship Comes In
Big Square Walking (Sarah)

Talks about Pete Seeger...
Golden River (Sarah,Arlo,Abe)
City Of New Orleans

Arlo and Sarah take five...
Alone (Abe/Xavier)

All Over The World
This Land Is Your Land

***Encore***

Motorcycle Song with a great extended instrumental jam...
Prologue
Goodnight Irene

For those who care everyone on stage wore black. Everyone including Arlo was eager to beat the coming storm so no one hung out after the show.

To our friends who could not be there - We were thinking of you and missing you. John and Reg

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by JohnC on Feb 05, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2001 7:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Great report! Did anyone get any pics of him in his new beard? I am dying to see what he looks like with it! Arlo afraid of a storm? ROTFL! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2001 9:01 pm

Arlo scoops just for Cheryl:
His beard is wider than a goatee but doesn't connect to his sideburns. It's somewhat Amish-looking. His hair was combed smooth to his head and he was not wearing his glasses.

I did not see what his socks looked like because he was wearing boots. In case you're interested, I was wearing my pink socks with Hula Kitties on them. Image

The theatre was very very warm; somebody shoulda shot some holes in there for oxygen!

Getting in and out of Monmouth was daunting. We got lost and ran in circles! Those danged New Jersey traffic patterns! Aaaak!Image

Loved seeing John C and Regina!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2001 1:02 am

<<JohnC: Everyone including Arlo was eager to beat the coming storm so no one hung out after the show.>>

Whew, glad I forgot about that concert... I would have been very disappointed Image

Terrie Leventhal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2001 1:51 am

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks for the info CyndyB! Sounds like his beard is similar to his old one he used to have. I can't wait to see him again! We'll have to find him a booking agent that knows how to find VA on a map LOL! Hey Arlo theres a state called <FONT size="6">VIRGINIA</FONT s>! Remember? <g>
Actually I was wishing I lived closer to that gig so I could go. Today after reading no one hung out & neither did ADG, I quickly lost my desire to go LOL! Anyway glad ya'll had fun! I heard Jersey is state you can get lost in easy LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2001 4:01 pm

I didn't even notice the beard. He looked the same as he always did. Go figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2001 9:59 pm

Well, I was wearing my glasses but maybe they weren't sharp enough. It looked like a beard --- maybe it was a shadow. I dunno! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2001 11:11 pm

Obviously, you guys were paying too much attention to the music and the show...Hello!
John was juggling his recorder, camera and set list...and I was in my usual state of confusion...but we both saw the beard! LOL!

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by ReginaC on Feb 06, 2001 ---</FONT></center>