Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Tablature

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:05 pm

BlunderVirgin

Hey! I'm new here, but am loving it already. I've been scouring the web for any tab for his solo in the song, but can't seem to find it. Was hoping someone could help? The song doesn't sound the same without it. Does anyone have a link to the solo music or can anyone put it here?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:11 pm

Arlo Fanatic

PDGuitar wrote:
Hey! I'm new here, but am loving it already. I've been scouring the web for any tab for his solo in the song, but can't seem to find it. Was hoping someone could help? The song doesn't sound the same without it. Does anyone have a link to the solo music or can anyone put it here?

I am late seeing this post

I see an honorary mention of [the] “Bridge” here, and it is not a bad one, but I don’t think it is what you are referring to specifically in this case.

https://arlo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p ... a7#p468637

Maybe someone can chime in?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:42 pm

BlunderVirgin

agnes wrote:
PDGuitar wrote:

I see an honorary mention of [the] “Bridge” here, and it is not a bad one, but I don’t think it is what you are referring to specifically in this case.

Yeah... Not really what I'm looking for. I'm specifically referring to about 1:05-1:35 in the original recording.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:48 pm

Arlo Fanatic

PDGuitar wrote:
agnes wrote:
PDGuitar wrote:

Yeah... Not really what I'm looking for. I'm specifically referring to about 1:05-1:35 in the original recording.

Yeah, I hear ya…and it is a good question.

I am not a guitar player, and I will probably (?) insult musicians everywhere by suggesting, by insulting myself? hahaha…;

in lieu of anything legitimate, but in an effort to help:

Maybe check out the chords that are there for the bulk of the song? (named in the above link) and play around with them?

Sometimes the range of sound is not faraway?

At any rate, have fun! It is a fun song

P.S. Might as well go ahead and…[the] “Bridge” reference in a double entendre Rated G sort of way, was a shout out to Brigitte. (Hi Brigitte) !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:31 am

BlunderVirgin

PDGuitar wrote:

I was all ready to tab this out for you, but listening to it again I realize it's probably played on a pedal steel (is that right??). If you've been having trouble figuring it out that's the reason...those bends are what make the pedal steel special, and it's almost impossible to get some of those on a regular guitar.
If you want to fake it you can start with the A minor pentatonic scale, and bend the hell out of the right notes and you're on your way.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:32 am

BlunderVirgin

Now you've got me wondering, WAS it a pedal steel on that track? And who played it?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

borriffick wrote:
Now you've got me wondering, WAS it a pedal steel on that track? And who played it?

The album cover doesn’t mention anything about a pedal steel but it does mention Clarence White as one of the guitar players (but doesn’t specify which songs and such) so I am gonna go with Clarence White. I remember listening to Sneaky Pete Kleinow on pedal steel, and man, it was like the wind.

So maybe the person who started this thread will be back to see your post. I’d say you have more help to offer on it than I did.
Poor guy, probably went away all sad…