Forums » Website Related Forums » ArloNet Support / Technical

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:37 pm

Arlo Fanatic

They can tell by the sound of your voice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Who ever said that if you are selling information it has to be good or accurate information? Information is a product like almost any other product........ it's all about the marketing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:58 pm

Arlo Fanatic

If it's just out there & they're not askin' for money for what you see, they can't have done much to come up with it. It's more likely the hook to get suckers to buy what they're really selling. I'm guessing they have a program that extrapolates the 'data' by running readily available general demographic information through the Web Site Stats (see link at the top right of the arlo.net home page).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:41 am

Senior ArloNetizen

The disclaimer says it all and Ceashel's account is completely accurate. Visiting the site , you will see they do the same with all sites. My 10 year old could make a more accurate graph of arlonet readers than these guys... so "Get Quantified" .. if you are reading, I have a question for you , are you smarter than a 5th Grader?

( I am sorry it is late, just relaxing) based on bare facts, they don't really read about us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:40 am

Arlo Fanatic

I'm smarter than a road grader...at least the old one's before they got computers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:13 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I find this info more interesting. especially the Wayback Machine.

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traff ... s/arlo.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:48 am

Arlo Fanatic

Does the Land of OZ really exist? Maybe not, sing louder Oz Blunderites!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:32 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

This is incredible... Chile and Philippines before OZ!! That is proof positive they derive stats from unknown and lurking forces.....

Unless someone may know about these readers from demographicland?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:58 pm

They say npredominantly female...
At Arlo's concert here in 2004, the hall was almost a sellout and at intermission I was standing in the foyer and there was only one woman in the whole room. I walked up to her and asked her did she realise that and she said it had not escaped her attention. This year's concert had 50/50 - I suspect all the guys raved about it so much last time that the women wanted to see it for themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:03 am

Arlo Fanatic

painless wrote:
They say npredominantly female...
At Arlo's concert here in 2004, the hall was almost a sellout and at intermission I was standing in the foyer and there was only one woman in the whole room. I walked up to her and asked her did she realise that and she said it had not escaped her attention. This year's concert had 50/50 - I suspect all the guys raved about it so much last time that the women wanted to see it for themselves.

unlikely that there was only one woman at an Arlo concert... instead of standin' in the foyer, you shoulda' been standing outside the women's bathroom where they all were probably on a long line.
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:21 pm

ArloNetizen

If bathroom lines are an indication of demographics, then the concert in Elgin, Il in was 50/50. As many men were lined up as the ladies. It was SO pecular that I was laughting that I should take a picture because it was so odd. The fellers' laughted and commented that they were getting old-er and had blatter control issues. Both lines were laughting about it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:59 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Arlo shows are the only shows I have ever been to where there was a line to the mens room. ROTFL...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:06 pm

I was standing near the entry to the ladies loo. I think also this time the promoters put Arlo up against the most popular local Aussie Rules football club game (Adelaide Crows) and Crows fans are nuts about their home games and that would have lost several hundred people (males) at least. It's an interesting thought that Dylan promoters advertise him with images of the 60's and most people in our biggest indoor venue which was almost full last year were disappointed (misled). Arlo mentioned this issue in his Sydney recording. Dylan's promoter says that he can't bring him out too often because people need time to forget. Not that I don't like Dylan and I enjoyed the concert but I do the homework - keep up to date with his latest material and read his books. All those people who were attracted to see 60's Dylan would have thoroughly enjoyed the Guthrie concert. Its such a pity because Arlo is quite uplifting - a rare talent these days. The Bob Edwards interview is impressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I'm with you on the Dylan thing painless, I've seen people walk out because they wanted to see the 60's Dylan and have not kept up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I believe my cousin Jason Mraz toured with Dylan down there in Oz before. I'll have to ask him about it. I bet he has some interesting stories to tell...