Forums » Website Related Forums » ArloNet Support / Technical

Post subject: RSS Feeds
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:44 am

The W!zard

Just a note to all to let you know that I got the RSS feed of the Announcements working again. And the RSS feed of concert dates seems to be chugging along as well. These are both good ways to stay in touch with the site if you don't get to visit often. It used to be that when new dates were posted, or something important was announced, an e-mail was sent out to a mailing list. Now, the same thing can be accomplished with these feeds.

For example, and I'm only going to post the info about the Mac as I don't know about PC's - but maybe someone else can point those out. On a Mac, you can get this info delivered right to your Mail app. Here's how...

In the Mail app, go to the "File" menu and select "Add RSS Feeds". Check the button labeled "Specify a custom feed URL", and enter one of the URL's listed below in the box. If you want the messages to go to your Inbox, check the box labeled "Show in Inbox". Then click "Add". Repeat for the other feed if you want. Now when new dates are added or a new announcement is posted - you'll know right in your mailbox!

Here's the feed URL's:

Concert Dates: http://www.arlo.net/resources/schedule/rss.php

Announcements: http://www.arlo.net/forums/blog/rss.php

I've seen screensavers that will also display this info, and there's probably all kinds of widgets and system tray toys and such that you can use as well. Like I said, if someone else out there is using this on a PC - maybe they could share what they use here.