Forums » Website Related Forums » ArloNet Support / Technical

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:49 am

Okay so a topic got locked because Arlo changed the topic being funny.....I am confused. While I am sure he understands and approves, this happened to a friend of mine too and I am getting scared to post here. I feel like fun is off limits. Can someone nicely explain (even if this topic is deleted please PM me), the reasoning behind why this board has to be so bereft of life. I don't mean it as an insult, I love reading updates from Arlo, but since joining I have not felt that welcomed, and I think it is something I just am not getting.

Any response to my honest quest for understanding will be appreciated(remember the sixties.........good, I don't I was two)

Many thanks,
from a fun kinda weird Arlo fan,
Lenore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:31 am

Arlo Fanatic

Don't worry, you're welcome here. I think what they do is if a topic gets too off topic they close it & then want folks to go over to the Group W forums to post it as that's where the off topic stuff goes. So off to the group w bench we go lol. Don't be afraid to post. I'm not & I've been here since 1998 lol. Hang in there. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:39 am

Arlo Fanatic

Yep, you surely are welcome here! And Cheryl pretty much has it right... when a thread goes TOO far off topic, it could intimidate some people who we WANT reading the site, like music-biz reporters and such, who might not want to wade through all our insanity.

And Cheryl is right, there's a great place for all the Arlo-related and Non-Arlo-related craziness over on the Group W bench. Where is that, you ask? take a look at the bar up at the top of this window, and you'll see a button for "Fan Base". Click there, and then a new menu will come in on the left. Click on "Forums" and you're there.

So please... keep posting here... and come over to the Bench, and post there too! We're nuts, and we LOVE other nuts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:40 am

I agree with Cheryl on this one.....never fear somewhere there is always some type of silliness going on....I felt the same way.....but here I am...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

lenore! welcome to arlo.net!
These are the 'official' forums of arlo.net, and as has been so nicely explained, it's where we want you to have a great time while we discuss all things Arlo, and even some things tangentially arlo... And if you read the threads, you'll see there's lotsa humor, love and interest. We just try to keep things a little orderly around here. As has been also explained, for a more dis-orderly view, visit the Group-W forums, where we're usually off-topic, and we just blunder through the days..
Now, as long as you don't disturb the man behind that curtain, everything will be okay...

enjoy yourself, and join in (often!), and remember, it's all Arlo's fault!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:44 am

But........but.....I want to talk endlessly and irrelevantly about Arlo :twisted: Thanks for the explainations though :D ......I just think some of the rules are a bit strict :evil: . But I guess life is full of rules :? I have to have SOMEWHERE to talk about Arlo (they lock you up if you just stand on the street corner jabbering away about him and holding multi-colored signs and.......but I digress)